1406 Square Feet House for 18 People

tuckerkao

King
The attached screenshots show that it's possible to house 18 people, 2 parents and 16 children inside a 1406 square feet(37.5 x 37.5) residence.

2 of the kitchen counters can be replaced with the stacked washers and dryers. The mechanical closet can be added to the rear wall with the furnace and the water heater in the unit.

The dining tables have the potentials be used as the desks too while the whiteboards to be placed next to the teacher's computer.

Attachments

• The Sims 2 - Borderwalk - Home for 18 - Rear View.jpg
    The Sims 2 - Borderwalk - Home for 18 - Rear View.jpg
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 57
  • The Sims 2 - Borderwalk - Home for 18 - Top Down View.jpg
    The Sims 2 - Borderwalk - Home for 18 - Top Down View.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 51
  • The Sims 2 - Borderwalk - Home for 18 - Front View.jpg
    The Sims 2 - Borderwalk - Home for 18 - Front View.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • The Sims 2 - Borderwalk - Home for 18 - Floor Plan.png
    The Sims 2 - Borderwalk - Home for 18 - Floor Plan.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
People in less developed nations have lived in far more crowded conditions than modern people in developed nations since the dawn of civilization. There's probably over 3 billion people in the world today that live in that level of crowding.

*sends the blueprint to the amish*

Looks more like an army barracks than a family home.
I edit the first post and uploaded the floor plan from a home designer software, added in more closets, so slightly larger now. It's also possible to install closets under the beds.

I guess whatever those are the most suitable shelters for the migrants on the borders are more like the army barracks than the regular houses.

I edit the first post and uploaded the floor plan from a home designer software, added in more closets, so slightly larger now. It's also possible to install closets under the beds.

I guess whatever those are the most suitable shelters for the migrants on the borders are more like the army barracks than the regular houses.

Ok, but how can one use this to prove that there are infinitely many twin primes? :)

Ok, but how can one use this to prove that there are infinitely many twin primes? :)
There are infinite ways to build duplex houses that mirror imaging each other including this Japanese Hot Spa apartment model -

Attachments

• The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Back View.jpg
    The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Back View.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 30
  • The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Front View.jpg
    The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Front View.jpg
    909.5 KB · Views: 31
  • The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Left View.jpg
    The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Left View.jpg
    938.2 KB · Views: 32
  • The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Right View.jpg
    The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Right View.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 32
  • The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Top Down View.jpg
    The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Top Down View.jpg
    897.6 KB · Views: 59
  • The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Roof View.jpg
    The SIms 2 - Hot Spring Family Suite - Roof View.jpg
    887.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Hot Spring Family Suite - Floor Plan.png
    Hot Spring Family Suite - Floor Plan.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 33
It could possibly work but would need to be built near infrastructure that would be within walking distance as transportation would be a big problem. Plus I would not advocate this anyway as it promotes large populations.

Those who are on the extra two beds (notice that there are only 16 seats in the living room/diner) won't have any designated seats, apparently.
Then again there's the question of how you would keep such a place reasonably clean.
One computer (and a 90s one at that) for 18 people, also makes little sense - >1 hour/day designated to you?

Seems the company is trying to maximize profits ^_^

Then again... what kind of modern family has 16 children?

Last edited:
Those who are on the extra two beds (notice that there are only 16 seats in the living room/diner) won't have any designated seats, apparently.
Then again there's the question of how you would keep such a place reasonably clean.
One computer (and a 90s one at that) for 18 people, also makes little sense - >1 hour/day designated to you?

Seems the company is trying to maximize profits ^_^

Then again... what kind of modern family has 16 children?
I cannot turn that computer chair around inside the game simulator, but it only takes several seconds in the real world.

The extra beds can be assigned to the parents or the teacher + the assistant, then the remaining 16 designated for the migrant kids. There's a chess table with 2 chairs on the back side of the facility.

Is there some context for this thread that I'm missing? I have all kinds of problems with this model, but mostly I'm confused WHY look for ways to fit 18 people in a double wide

^^^ Exactly.

In all fairness, I would have used TS2 as well, since that is the latest version I have.
Have not desired to play it in years or buy the newer versions, but if I wanted to design some houses I'd be dusting off my old Sims 2 games.

I actually like this. There is no accessible context, really, but this doesn't mean it has no value for the creator.
The number is a bit strange, I suppose. 18. Maybe it is just the 2 parents/carers and the 16 kids, which has an obvious (but trivial) meaning (2 is the progenitor/parent of any power of 2).
As for 1406 (sq feet), I have no guess (I am not good with numbers). Here are some qualities of it: https://metanumbers.com/1406

Btw:

tuckercao said:
to house 18 people, 2 parents and 16 children inside a 1406 square feet(37.5 x 37.5) residence.

37,5^2 is 1406,25. I wonder where that extra 0.25 went in the building, and why you didn't set it as 37(38) :)

Last edited:
Housing 18 people in the same house? Not kidding - when Canada took in a bunch of Syrian refugees in 2015-16, it came as a great shock to some of the larger families that no, they could not all live together in the same house or apartment, for health and safety reasons.

Even in my building, they wanted to put 4 adults and 3 kids in the same apartment. They were told no, they would have to rent two suites. So they did, and one of them was directly over my suite.

I eventually did have an amicable interaction with the wife there, after explaining that she couldn't keep letting the kids run around all day in the living room - no carpet there meant it was like a very noisy herd of children overhead. She had excuse after excuse why the kids couldn't go anywhere else to play, including "they're not used to the weather outside" - solution: they'll never get used to it if they never actually go outside. "There's nowhere for them to play" - there are two playgrounds in the neighborhood. "I don't know how to get there" - I'll show you. "I don't know how to take the bus" - I'll teach you.

Just anything to get them to stop making all that racket.

Eventually things calmed down; I was pretty upset at first, but anyway... she said I was the only woman in the building outside her family who had bothered to talk to her.

Top Bottom