Do Mentally Handicapped People Have The Right To Not Be Raped And Sexually Molested?

Maybe they should take weekend trips to Nevada and get some prostitutes for them or something...

There are actually prostitutes here who cater solely to disabled clients and even have facilities rigged up to suit their needs. This might include slings for those with impaired motor functions, disabled friendly bathrooms, lower beds, medical staff on site and so forth. Some facilities here allow residents to access those services as a part of treatment. Some don't, but turn a blind eye to the practice. It depends. But, by and large, it seems to be fairly effective. Certainly, some nursing staff who are involved in the industry, that I know, praise it highly. Others have reservations for a variety of reasons. But I haven't heard anyone criticise the practice outright.

"Free-market" bro

No, free market is for things you choose to buy, not prisons or such.

@The OP- To Part 1- Yes they have that right.

To Part 2- He should have been convicted first. If he couldn't stand trial, an attorney should have been appointed to stand trial for him (Not to stand punishment, but to stand trial so he had a defense.) Then if proven guilty, he shouldn't be allowed to leave, but homes like the one described in the OP isn't where prisoners belong.

Institutions are like this. Then there's people demanding the tax payers be taken away more money to give to these abusive institutions. Those people demanding more money to the institutions don't care about the people, they care about buying off their sins. It's a way to push their responsibilities to someone else. Then they go all: "Oh dear, how bad these people are treated! Someone do something! Them evil right-wingers!" Sickening hypocrites.

So what do you propose? Cut funding? What the hell do you think would happen to such places? Their lots and chances wouldn't improve at all.

Only in America eh? Sad to say but I think this is what happens when you put people with very little life experience but a degree in caring for the 'mentally challenged' in charge of that sort of thing. Blind following of principles and rules leading to completely stupid situations, especially when mixed in with a good dose of incompetance.

American Exceptionalism :rolleyes:

Top Bottom