2011: Cuban Civil War

Think i uploaded right. :confused: ( u can see it says the americans betrayed the haitians which is odd cuz i attacked them after they attacked me)

Attachments

• saywha.JPG
    saywha.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 314
Equality is a good thing, but Communism doesn't work in a big country, people starve to death. Still, in theory Communism sounds great.

Anyway, nobody said "I hate Communism" they just said "Anti-Communist".

Great Scenario Too. :D

"si me gusto muy bien" ... hmmmI think I say it like this :
si, jo tam poco me gusto , es scenario is muy grante i bien . hehe

csa945, why USA has 99k gold ? because of the unit cost ? you could edit Republic details and make every unit cost 1 and add free unit per ...

This scenario's great and everything, I like the map and the accuracy and the gameplay, but the Communistos are, I think, virtually impossible to win with...

It's easy to capture all of Cuba, but the USA simply has soooo many units that it can land and soooo many cities and soooooo big of a navy and soooo much money that it's quite literally impossible!

That's crazy since i did a smiliar scenario except it's set 100 years after the cuban revelution and america decides to invade cuba due to the fact that they grew fed up of communism so close. however mine just has part of mexico/florida/bahamas/jamaica/haiti and dominican republic. plus my map is crap and the scenario isnt that good :( first one though

I really cannot believe what I have seen in this thread...

"that isn't imperialism; its the Truman Doctrine."
"we didnt take Cuba like we did the Phillipines and Guam when we spanked the Spanish once upon a time. I mean, they blew up the Maine!"
"we have massive investments in their infrastructure, we built the canal, and we got them their independence" " i think we still maintain a military presence, to protect our investments, train Panama's special forces, and ensure free use of the canal"

Padma, if absolutely NO POLITICS topics must be here, I think it is fair that these posts should not be here...

I really cannot believe what I have seen in this thread...

"we didnt take Cuba like we did the Phillipines and Guam when we spanked the Spanish once upon a time. I mean, they blew up the Maine!"

Padma, if absolutely NO POLITICS topics must be here, I think it is fair that these posts should not be here...

Just wondering, have you ever heard of a little thing I like to call "Sarcasm"?;)
And ya really shouldn't bump threads if you're not going to contribute anything to the scenario.

well the fun thing about scenarios is that anything couldve happened (maybe Cuba took them over?). Anyways, this looks like an incredible scenario and i cant wait to play it :goodjob:

This scenario's great and everything, I like the map and the accuracy and the gameplay, but the Communistos are, I think, virtually impossible to win with...

It's easy to capture all of Cuba, but the USA simply has soooo many units that it can land and soooo many cities and soooooo big of a navy and soooo much money that it's quite literally impossible!

That's weird.. I can distinctly remember bombing the libertados to pieces, and destroying the entire US navy almost single handedly.

It's all up to your fighting style i guess... I used the artillery to bomb one lib city at a time, and then taking it easily with a couple of units. (The tanks i had at start) and collecting a lot of artillery and defenders to the city next to Guantanamo. This way you can bomb the slower units that try to attack it, and prevent their invasion any further. You should not advance anywhere towards Guanatano before you have all the other parts of the island. Use the artillery to bombard their units that come close, and then attack with marines if you have them at the weakened units, but NEVER attack the last one in a tile, otherwise it will be in defensive in USA's turn and it WILL lose. Also, i collected all of my navy to the north in one city near the keys, and the navy to the south near isla de juventu. Then i used some of the destroyers to bombard a US battlegroup whenever it came close enough for my units to reach back to city whenever they finished bombarding or attacking them, so i wouldn't lose them.
I lost maybe 1 or 2 destroyers and a sub killing the US navy. The one DD i lost killed like 3 or 4 US AEGIS cruisers before sinking! :eek:

Im playing it now, but there are no civilopedia entries for the units? those civ entrys woud be awsome if they were added. also, while playing as cuba, i could not build any more infantry units because of lack of rubber.

America is way too overpowered in this scenario, I had to...tweak the map. Deleted half of the units on the Florida coast, took out the airports and offshore platforms of some, and pretty much erased the southern fleet of aegis cruisers.
I also took America out of locked alliances, yet it declared war on everyone eventually and kept taking over every part of the map.

I kept trying to play the communists...
What can I say, im the underdog type

Top Bottom