2011: Cuban Civil War

WTF is up with the jungle in the Florida Keys? Shouldn't it be like forest?

Marsh it what it is and marsh is what it should be.
Update:
Ven. captures all allied (US) holdings in Ven. except one City; US retakes capitol and Barcelona to loose it; US takes Port of Spain; begins massive airlift to the heart of Ven. US Forces arrive at Ven. for the largest offensive of the war. I'm at Week 21 or so.

I'll also probably cut down on the number of Venezuelan units.

About Bogota . . . it's pretty far south, about 250 mi. south of Bucarmanga, which is the southernmost city on the map. If y'all think it's really important, I suppose I could put it at (57,99).

No. Its fine then. Well good; also the other civs like Panama and such should have harbors. Also I noticed the Dominican Rep. sending troops in a Galleon :lol: they should be 17th century with out harbors.

Regarding Panama, I'm not sure if its worth it, but you may want to make the canal an actual canal, rather than having Panama's cities completing it. Though really, its not as if there's much to reach on this map in the pacific.

also, in the next version you may want to consider organizing the U.S. naval dispositions. I know this method is designed to show the overwhelming U.S. superiority at sea, but even on this small a scale, the navy tends to organize its ships into task forces, especially when an area this close to home becomes a trouble spot.

On the same note, this scenario doesn't span much time, and it takes somewhere around 6-8 months to commission a supercarrier, so you may want to make it impossible to build carriers, or vastly increase the build cost.

In just like 3 turns I've swept over all of Western Ven. and a lot of Eastern Ven. Once you get past thier defenses they [Venuzula] is just open. I captured around 6 cities without more than 3 unit deaths; thats actually realitic since after Normandy landing the Germanys threw one final attack in the Ardennes offensive and then it was a brezze. Venuzula has units that represent aid from China; the US should have units that represent aid from Europe; like "Multi-National Infantry" or something.

Yea thats a good point GBTW, we need multinational forces. You know what might work good: there are re-painted Mech Infantry units out there, probably infantry too, that are made to look like UN forces, you might want to give these icons to the multinationals, or put a wonder in FL that autoproduces them or something.

That's a good idea about NATO troops. I agree that UN forces aren't likely (esp. considering that they'd be fighting a Security Council member).

As for changes to the scenario, I was thinking I would change Jamaica to the British Commonwealth and give the Bahamas to it as well. I could add a European Supplemental Force wonder in Nassau that produces French marines.

I think no; Jamaica isn't commonwealth; Bahamas and Virgin Islands YES; don't waste that space; and add an imaginary island for Europe like for the US in the Mid East one.

goldeagle said:
"Debo lo jugar" means "I should play it". You said "He/She should it play" (lo is used before the verb in Spanish).

Nop. "Debo lo jugar" is wrong, you should say "debo jugarlo". "Lo" is used before the verb when it is in past, like "lo jugué" = I played it.

--------------------------------------------------
CAPITALISM KILLS. STOP IMPERIALISM.

I havent played the scenario yet but....
The Dominican Republic doesnt have galleons... they are a bit far behind but they do have destroyers and hold higgins boats and vietnam era patrol boats.... i mean im not too fond of dominicans (since im puertorican) but i have to help them out a bit.
In Puerto Rico there should be very little units... in the last decade the US has removed almost all military instalations due to protests, we do still have our national guad (or US national guard) but all those units are in Iraq. Not sure how you will treat PR... its all very complicated the US says its a commonwealth or something and everyone else calls it a colony . Puerto Ricans call it a free and assosiated state... but lets not discuss that its too complicated.
Oh and UN peacekeepers should be in the scenario since there are over 7000 of them in Haiti (because the country has been in anarchy for a couple of years).
Oh and you can add Puerto Rican communist units to cause trouble in cuba and PR since there are a few of them here ... they meet with cubans every year and recently have been getting mad because the FBi assinates their leaders. ( not that i care they are not really nice people)
You can also add Haitian rebels ... they are causing all kinds of hell in Haiti and the DR border and fighting with the UN forces.
Ok gonna play this next... then i will really make suggestions.

PS: thanks raul for correcting our friend goldeagle and thanks goldeagle appreaciate the effort ! keep practicing !! :goodjob:

pss: hope i made sense i usually dont this late at night...

Thanks a lot, William.

And thank you for all your suggestions, Bart. Right now the only Barbians that I have a drug cartels in Colombia, but I'll add some Communist guerillas in PR and Haitian rebels as Barbarians.

As far as the political status of Puerto Rico, I just made it part of the US -- along with the Bahamas, even though they are technically part of the UK Commonwealth.

Here's a though for Haiti: I could give Port-au-Prince to a UN civilization and then the rest of the cities to a Haitian rebel civ that starts the game with anarchy as its gov't.

Played it today for 6 hours... as Cuba Libre i liked it but i dont recommend to anyone to play as that civ... all i could do was finish off the Communistas after the US bombed them because i could not build for the first 25 turns alot.... because of the budget defecit. but by turn 50 i had conquered Haiti and The Dominican republic and part of costa rica... but i lost most of my cuban communisto cities to the americans due to cultural conversion.

Something weird that happened was that the americans tried to threaten me into giving them money 2 times. But they are in locked alliance with me so i found it weird.

At least by the end of the game i had 80+ per turn... i found that i could take on anyone who didnt have an air force .. by using lots of artillery and marines. and infantry to defend. my invasion forces would be of 20 artillery and 4 infatry and 10 marines and i would conquer alot of land with them so i didnt need to build that much. well like dthe scenario will play more now.

Top Bottom