2012 NFL Offseason

LA sure, but I can't see Mexico City working out, if only because of the huge culture shock that would come to American players drafted or traded.

Well yeah, you got a point there with the culture shock, but I think it would be quite a financial success. Mexico is one of the biggest markets outside of the USA, plus the Estadio Azteca can seat over 100,000 people. Also, traveling wouldn't be so much of an issue, and the players would still be able to visit their families in the States.

So which backup QB free agent will the Cardinals do a panic pickup on (either after camp cuts
this season or next offseason)?

Trade for Matt Flynn after Seattle starts Wilson. This time it only costs them Larry Fitzgerald and four first round picks.

Hmm, dat sounds like a good deal. :rockon:

Trade for Matt Flynn after Seattle starts Wilson. This time it only costs them Larry Fitzgerald and four first round picks.

Sounds perfect!!!

Yeah, it was awful. Let's never speak of it again.

I thought that game was considered a success?

Mexico City is something the NFL suits have kicked around, but conern over player safety was one of the big reasons it hasn't been considered as a relocation target. The Players Union was *really* against it.

Heck yeah. Right now no way the players would live/stay in Mexico.

Question for the Eagles fans here : What is the local take on Nick Foles?

Heck yeah. Right now no way the players would live/stay in Mexico.

Mexico City proper is pretty damn nice. If you ignore the threat from kidnappings and the poor shanty towns on the outskirts, I'd rather live in Mexico City than Minneapolis. Perhaps you allow players for a Mexico City team to reside stateside, and pay for a condo in the city. That way, families of players couldn't be targeted.

The obvious foreign expansion is Toronto, but the CFL would go nuts if the NFL tried it. London would happen before an NFL team in Canada.

I thought that game was considered a success?

Mexico City is something the NFL suits have kicked around, but conern over player safety was one of the big reasons it hasn't been considered as a relocation target. The Players Union was *really* against it.

Oh it went well enough. Just not for the 9ers though.

Hey, guys? Remember when the Ravens lost the playoffs game against the Patriots because of their kicker? I made this post in the 2011 playoffs thread:
Oh yeah! Sorry to see the Ravens have such a gut-wrenching loss, but I'm glad the Pats won.

But, unfortunately, I am afraid that we have seen the game film of the Redskins' future kicker. He certainly has that talent.

Shoot me. Now.
The Washington Redskins have signed Billy Cundiff and released fellow place kicker Graham Gano, several people with knowledge of the moves said.

The moves mean the Redskins appear prepared to enter the regular season with Cundiff as their kicker. They come a day after the Redskins released Neil Rackers, who had been competing with Gano in training camp for the Redskins’ kicking job.

Cundiff missed a 32-yard field goal attempt in the final minute of the Ravens’ 23-20 loss at New England in last season’s AFC title game.
:suicide:

Hey, guys? Remember when the Ravens lost the playoffs game against the Patriots because of their kicker? I made this post in the 2011 playoffs thread:

Shoot me. Now.

:suicide:

Gano is a pretty mediocre kicker. He has probably regressed further if the Skins feel the need to replace him. Don't freak out yet.

Gano is a pretty mediocre kicker. He has probably regressed further if the Skins feel the need to replace him. Don't freak out yet.
But we could have signed RYAN FREAKING LONGWELL!!! Or at least stick with Rackers! I mean, yeah, Cundiff should be better than Gano, but we could have signed RYAN LONGWELL!!! :mad:

Kickers are more or less interchangeable, except for maybe Seabass.

Top Bottom