• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

2017 NFL Regular Season Thread

My point was it's a little early to say they've been vindicated just because they've started 2-1 with beating two of the worst teams in the NFL.

Remember how they started better than this(3-1) last year?

I'm not actually looking at their record. Their defense has plenty of solid players and performed well last season. They have high draft picks at QB and RB. Last season they had one receiving threat, it showed, and they did fix it. Last season they had an inexperienced O line made up of journeymen who might be adequate with a couple anchors but by themselves were a sieve, and they got a couple anchors. I would think their new coach is extremely satisfied to be coaching this roster...and if I were ownership I'd have pretty high expectations for him.

Lions losing on a 10-second runoff because the play was reviewed thanks to the refs not getting it right in the first place.

Good lord, I have never, ever seen a team get screwed the way the Lions have the past few years.

Also the clocked showed :11 left when his elbow hit the ground so either

A)The clock on-screen wasn't matching the stadium clock - possible but unlikely
B)They didn't even think to review the clock, which they could have; the game clock can be adjusted with instant replay on the final play of the half or the game
C)They think 11 - 10 = 0

Given the way NFL refs have been the past few years I am torn between B and C

Last edited:
Yeah but they just find the most ridiculous way to rob the Lions lol, and I'm not even a Lions fan.

Also nice of Richard Sherman to give a reminder why everyone outside of Seattle thinks that team can eat [EQUINE FECES] with 3 flags on one play and then trying to concuss Mariota on the next one.

Yeah, the Titans were also robbed of two TDs in that game, one on a punt return. Both of the Bear's big runs in OT today had some pretty egregious offensive holding.

Okay so I know a lot of these owners were/are Trump supporters and are just doing this because they would completely lose their players otherwise, but honestly I think we should take what we can get and be glad they're telling him to get bent, too.

Like it's kinda messed up to see Dan Snyder out there locking arms after he donated so much to Trump, but I still think that's better(however marginally) than him hiding in the owner's box.

Yeah but they just find the most ridiculous way to rob the Lions lol, and I'm not even a Lions fan.

Also nice of Richard Sherman to give a reminder why everyone outside of Seattle thinks that team can eat [EQUINE FECES] with 3 flags on one play and then trying to concuss Mariota on the next one.

And in the 2nd half the Titans offense ground them into dust, which is the proper revenge. Not sure if the Seattle offense
actually improved in the 4th, or the Titans D took their foot off the gas.

Not a Cowboys fan but the Cardinals are a division rival. F U C K the Cardinals.

If Wonderlic has any value (going based on the Mensa equivalents) he's a literal genius.

I know he's getting rave reviews, and from what little I have seen of him I think it is deserved.

He seems quite good at the hot takes (predicting what will happen on the fly)... so much so that the haters are starting to whine that he should tone it down.

Yeah it was hilarious to see Brent "I'm Kirk Herbstreit" Musberger complain about him, like how he's "intruding" on the play-by-play. Like bro you literally went full creepy old man in a national championship game over AJ McCarron's girlfriend, is that the kind of stuff he's stopping his play-by-play guy from doing?

Top Bottom