2019 Christmas Thread

upcoming sunday is the first advent sunday, and I think it's pretty stupid to not start with that as a form of anticipation and instead indulge in full on christmasing instead

my sister is a huge christmashead so I've got this view from her, but I do agree with it upon reflection. That the anticipation through december is a huge part of the fun of it. We put up the tree usually the 22. or 23., and so keep it up usually until 13. january, which is when christmas ends. I've heard of people who put up the tree the 1. december, and so on the 25. they're sick of the whole thing and throw it out, and that's no fun at all, to be tired when stuff has only just begun

So I got this strange Christmas card in the mail today. I have no idea who it's from, it was addressed to "Miss Mary B," and it has weird drawings all over it and some talk about Clancy sitting at a desk. There's no return address.

There's a picture of a family (everyone has their eyes closed), and I don't have a clue who these people are. They didn't write their names anywhere. This is the note on the back of their card:

Weird Card.jpg

I ... have no idea ???

Was your house built over some ancient burial grounds? Just checking.

Maybe it's like Hogwarts and if you send a reply by post to ‘person who sent me a funny (in the sense of no funny business) card’ somebody in the know will pick it up and redirect it to the mysterious sender?

Maybe it's like Hogwarts and if you send a reply by post to ‘person who sent me a funny (in the sense of no funny business) card’ somebody in the know will pick it up and redirect it to the mysterious sender?

There was a science fiction story about a guy who recognizes that the further you send something by regular mail the faster it gets there (this was weirdly true back in the prehistoric days when snail mail was the norm). So he addresses a card to "galactic center mega store" and writes "please send me your current catalog" on it. The next day there's a catalog in his mailbox.

I'd be interested in making a small wager on whether @Valka D'Ur recognizes that plot and can tell me who wrote it, or the title. Otherwise I suspect it is lost to the ages.

Looks like a cipher of some sorts. You might try skipping some words or letters there, looking for a pattern. I'd shown it to the police just to be sure , they have cryptologists there.

you need a diet, not more teeth

I have a diet. It may not be a particularly healthy diet, but it works for me. And there's always room for more teeth in my collection. But, that post was actually a joke/ancient pop culture reference more than any actual expression of desire.

wont do you no good if the 2 teeth you want are connected to somebody faster than you

Usually teeth that I really want belong to people who run their mouth more than they actually run. Besides, I seldom give such people a chance to even see me coming, much less start running.

By the way, just out of curiosity, did you have some outcome in mind when you quoted a month old post? I mean, you certainly weren't trying to start a civil conversation here, right?

So I got this strange Christmas card in the mail today. I have no idea who it's from, it was addressed to "Miss Mary B," and it has weird drawings all over it and some talk about Clancy sitting at a desk. There's no return address.

There's a picture of a family (everyone has their eyes closed), and I don't have a clue who these people are. They didn't write their names anywhere. This is the note on the back of their card:

View attachment 540042

I ... have no idea ???
To me it looks like a send-up of a traditional Christmas card. Do you have a friend who's detached, ironic and droll? If so, it came from that person.

No, Gori, I haven't written MaryKB anything on paper.
There was a science fiction story about a guy who recognizes that the further you send something by regular mail the faster it gets there (this was weirdly true back in the prehistoric days when snail mail was the norm). So he addresses a card to "galactic center mega store" and writes "please send me your current catalog" on it. The next day there's a catalog in his mailbox.

I'd be interested in making a small wager on whether @Valka D'Ur recognizes that plot and can tell me who wrote it, or the title. Otherwise I suspect it is lost to the ages.
FYI I'm still being punished with the ignore list so I'm not sure whether she can see a post in which you're quoting me.

Usually teeth that I really want belong to people who run their mouth more than they actually run. Besides, I seldom give such people a chance to even see me coming, much less start running.

By the way, just out of curiosity, did you have some outcome in mind when you quoted a month old post? I mean, you certainly weren't trying to start a civil conversation here, right?

Who said run? Just thought it was amusing to see you in a Christmas thread of all places fantasizing about attacking someone, apparently with an ambush... They will write epic poems about Brave, Sir Tim the Stalker. Not sure how you'll get the 2 front teeth if they're not even looking though, but with Jesus by your side anything is possible. Asketh and thou shall receiveth...or something like that.

@MaryKB does the envelope has a postmark? Typically they give a city and state where the letter was mailed. If there is no postmark at all, then it was likely dropped in your mailbox by the sender.

Who said run? Just thought it was amusing to see you in a Christmas thread of all places fantasizing about attacking someone, apparently with an ambush... They will write epic poems about Brave, Sir Tim the Stalker. Not sure how you'll get the 2 front teeth if they're not even looking though, but with Jesus by your side anything is possible. Asketh and thou shall receiveth...or something like that.

So, no, you weren't trying to start a civil conversation. Got it.

Please, can we get back to our civil conversation about collecting front teeth from people in celebration of Jesus' birthday?
I need those teeth for perfectly diabolical purposes!:evil:

Top Bottom