1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Timsup2nothin, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

I think it's more he wants another version of himself, so he falls for QBs who are his size and seem to have an arm the way Al Davis fell for anyone with a glittering 40 yard dash time.

2. caketastydelish

caketastydelish 49ers 2019

Holy crap batman at that Carson Wentz extension. They'd better hope he doesn't keep getting hurt.

I think it's notable that they went from having a legit starting QB on a rookie deal (best bargain in football) and having the best backup in the NFL to losing that backup and paying your starter big-time money all at once. That's rough.

3. Serutan

It's a huge injury risk, but the Eagles are between a rock and a hard place because of the way QB salaries
    are escalating.

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

For them that make the Superbowl shall perish by the Superbowl

rah likes this.
  5. caketastydelish

Goff and Prescott must be thrilled about this though.

6. caketastydelish

7. Sommerswerd

That's 4 consecutive 49ers video posts by you, which immediately followed 4 consecutive 49ers related links posted by you. You've pretty much posted no videos or links related to anything besides the 49ers since April, not to mention that the vast majority of your posts in general are about the 49ers... go back and look for yourself. Are you converting to a 49ers fan or what? What is going on with this 49ers obsession? I'm genuinely interested because you really do seem super-preoccupied with the 49ers. Are you 9ersnation now? Welcome :).

8. caketastydelish

That's a good question. But I'm not a 49ers fan at all. Why I'm hyped up on them is for purely analytical reasons. I mean, I'm going to stack my fantasy with 49ers. And bet on them in our NFL pick'em contest.

Literally, the only reason I would want them to win is so I can look smart.

They still need to improve their secondary (although they already massively did to some extent with the cornerback they acquired from the Chargers as long as he can healthy) and add some depth the defensive line.

Bosa, Ford, Thomas (when played on the interior part of the line, which they finally got right), Buckner) are amazing starters but you need more to have a deep rotation. Not to mention if one them gets injured (inevitable).

About the same situation, the Rams had last year at the cornerback position with Aqib Talib.

The roster isn't perfect, but they haven't been this good since their 2013 season. This probably isn't a Super Bowl team, but a playoff team. The first time they'll have a winning season (as long as Jimmy G stays healthy) since 2013.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  9. caketastydelish

But yes I did check back and can confirm you were right.
    Spoiler :

10. Sommerswerd

OK so now that you've admitted that you're a temporary resident on the 49ers bandwagon and homering for them hard this season... By the powers vested in me as a true lifelong 49ers fan... I hereby dub you an honorary member of 49ers nation for the 2019 season, and all the accompanying playoffs and so on. Welcome to the red and gold:D. In this context, I am very happy to hear all the nice things you have to say about the 49ers and any favorable predictions you have to offer.:yup:

Now tell me more about how awesome our team is and all the ways that they will be playoff contenders this year. Please don't spare any detail. I want to hear every theory on how we can make the playoffs, no matter how much of a stretch it might seem..let's hear it all. Scratch behind the ears and under the belly if you please... gimme, gimme, gimme :yumyum:... And videos, VIDEOS!!! Please post me some more videos. I am going to go back and watch everything you've posted and I look forward to more. Let's paint the thread Red baby!:goodjob:

11. caketastydelish

I apologize. By “can confirm” I didn’t mean I was confirming to be a 49ers fan. I was only confirming that I admitted to talking about them a lot.

12. caketastydelish

The Rams will get worse, only question is how much. I’m sure their offense will be a lot worse because of what happened to their o-line and the pieces they lost this offseason. The Rams will still be strong, but no longer borderline unbeatable. Thus leaving NFC West wide open.

The Cards will be better but they have way too many holes on their roster and they would be pretty lucky just to get to .500

The Seahawks will be about the same. Looks like another 10-6 season. We lost Frank Clark and Doug Baldwin but we gained a lot in the draft + free agency.

Not the least of which is singing a pro bowl kicker who isn’t way too old to even be playing.

The 49ers offense, while Jimmy G is healthy will be firing on all cylinders. While he is healthy they the best offense in the division. Their defense is stacked and loaded.

Their front 4 doesn’t have as much depth as it could be still above league average. They acquired Kwon Alexander for a linebacker (very good starter which is why TB couldn’t afford to keep him in the first place), and a backfield featuring two pro bowl corners. They are gonna be lit. If Jimmy G stays healthy then this is a team with double digit wins for the regular season. Only question is how many. And Tevin Coleman finally gives them a good running game.

The Cards have an awful offensive line that the 49ers d-line (when healthy) will absolutely abuse. The Rams has a good o-line last year, but not this year. We all know Jared Goff is awful when pressured. RW can avoid sacks but he’s the exception, not the norm.

13. caketastydelish

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:53 PM
  14. Serutan

Looks like the trap has been well and truly set, and Sommer is walking right in to it. I predict he'll be posting all the Russell Wilson videos he can find by mid September. :mwaha:

15. Serutan

And if Luck shows any signs of impatience with his calf injury, he'll be strapped into a chair, his eyelids propped open, and forced to watch Durant go down on endless loop.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  16. Sommerswerd

49ers nation is a nation of love and acceptance baby! All are welcome. My goal is for all of you to be 49ers fans by the end of the season ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 3:30 PM
    caketastydelish likes this.
  17. caketastydelish

The 49ers now have one of the best punters in the NFL. Enjoy him!

https://www.49ers.com/news/kyle-whittingham-49ers-p-mitch-wishnowsky-is-a-huge-weapon-for-a-defense

The 49ers learned from the Seahawks that an Australian Punter is worth it. He was taken in the fourth round for a reason. (I am not joking). We took Michael Dickson only one round later and after it became apparent how much of a difference a great punter can make, it was inevitable that someone else would be aggressive to snatch the next great punter from the land downunder.

18. Sommerswerd

FTFY. You're 49ers nation now remember? ;)

19. caketastydelish

The 49ers are my second team for this season. You didn't "fix it" for me.

Don't get carried away now. :nono:

20. Sommerswerd