2K Announces Civilization Revolution for Next Generation Consoles!

The Wii doesn't have the online capabilities that Firaxis has been promoting for this game. I mean really, the Wii uses friend codes:(

Yeh, I love how its for the PS3(now I just need to buy one), also how its for the PSP(what other handhelds are capable?) so I can have Civ on the Go.

I just had a thought, maybe when playing online when you click on a person's name in the score box in the bottom right, you know how the trade/diplomatic box comes up with the leaders picture in the middle? With Xbox Live and the camera that could be the other person sitting there and you could chat. That would be pretty sweet.

I just had a thought, maybe when playing online when you click on a person's name in the score box in the bottom right, you know how the trade/diplomatic box comes up with the leaders picture in the middle? With Xbox Live and the camera that could be the other person sitting there and you could chat. That would be pretty sweet.

And suddenly Suvayarman(sp?) could be considered a reasonably pretty leader to talk with.

IGN posted it as news for all game consoles, but if the logos after the trailer mean anything, it should be for X360, PS3 and PSP.
too bad I don't plan buying any of them.. just a Wii and a DS (mostly for the strategy games coming out - especially settlers)

this CivRev seems 1) a RTS or 2) RTS + Hack'n'Slash or 3) mix between RTS and TBS.
the H'n'S thought comes from the Peasant -> Warrior -> etc stuff from the trailer... however, it's still a THOUGHT.

Wow. I can see why Sid is doing this. All of the other news announcements in on this site get 3, 10, 12, 18, etc. comments. This one has already generated over 100 and it was just posted!:eek:

Anytime there is a new Civ game announced there will be a large thread.

its gona be for the 360 deffinatly and iam sure it will make a sussces if campanged rite also modding for the 360 is difficult just so everyone knows:king:

btw hopefully a demo on the xbox 360 marketplace

This is not going to be a console exclusive; it will be on at least X360 and PS3.

And I hate to break it to you, but console gaming does a lot of things better than PC gaming. Like not require you to buy a new video card every two years.

As in, exclusively on consoles -- and not on PC.

$100 every couple years as opposed to $400+ every 3 or 4 years. Still playing modern games on my other-than-video 6 year old semi-budget machine. The only advantage consoles have is installed user base, which is a flaw in the mentality of people refusing to believe in computers, rather than truly a benefit of a console.

I have no problem with the games being also made available on a console. I have huge problems with them being only on consoles [ESPECIALLY if one of them is the 360 and porting is trivial]... As long as they don't alter the gameplay because of it being a console game (as has ruined so many cross-platform games).

As in, exclusively on consoles -- and not on PC.

$100 every couple years as opposed to $400+ every 3 or 4 years. Still playing modern games on my other-than-video 6 year old semi-budget machine. The only advantage consoles have is installed user base, which is a flaw in the mentality of people refusing to believe in computers, rather than truly a benefit of a console.

I have no problem with the games being also made available on a console. I have huge problems with them being only on consoles [ESPECIALLY if one of them is the 360 and porting is trivial]... As long as they don't alter the gameplay because of it being a console game (as has ruined so many cross-platform games).

Why would you want it on PC? The description basically admits that it's going to be Civ IV Lite. The reason they gave it a different branding is to distinguish between the two (so no one would confuse Civ IV with it). The PC version is going to be a better, more strategic game. The Console version will be more action-oriented with prettier graphics.

And I highly doubt you can play modern games on your 6-year old machine unless you've installed a new motherboard, which is more than $100. Can you play EU3? I can't, and my machine is only 4 years old.

Yeah, consoles have been the platform of choice for all those GREAT strategy games, like..... um.... and.... um.... ?

There's more to life than strategy games, my friend.

For example:
:band:
is coming!

(Although I'm not getting it, I always stay a generation behind because I'm cheap ... but I am looking forward to GH80s)

EDIT: And let me just say, God of War is f'ing awesome. Seriously. I was absolutely blown away by that game. I haven't had a game hook it's arm-embedded chain blades into my soul like that since, well, Civilization.

Why do people insist on complaining about something we don't even know much about? This is the one thing I don't like about the site, is that at least two thirds of complaints made by members here are baseless.

Seriously can't people wait until more information is actually known or are people that shallow these days that they must judge a book by it's cover.

Top Bottom