More Unique Components for Vox Populi

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread 87

This is my error. I am trying with the 12 05 20 version of vp. I tried v61 and 63 same errors.

Is the latest version compatible with old VP? I had to go back to the 7-29 version. Later version simply don't install properly for whatever reason.

You should use a 4UC version from around that same time. The most recent version requires the 01/05 patch or later

Would be a bit more user friendly to have the contents of the .zip file be in a folder with a corresponding name to the mod and its version, ready to be dropped in the mod folder.

But... a zip folder is already a folder. Why are you guys unpacking zip files into the parent folder instead of the regular unzip function, which makes the zip into a regular folder? ya'll are so weird.

Hotfix that reverts a Rome change and removes religious needs from Byzantium's Era event now live.

TAKE ALL OF MY FILES, MY CHILDREN. UNZIP MY SHADY FILES INTO YOUR REPOSITORY. YEEEeeesssss.

Since you did the Latifundium update I just remembered that I went through the trouble of adding resources from Even More Resources to the improvable resources table for the improvement.

Spoiler :

--INSERT INTO Improvement_ResourceTypes
-- (ImprovementType, ResourceType, ResourceMakesValid, ResourceTrade)
--VALUES ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_CITRUS', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_CLOVES', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_COCOA', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_COFFEE', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_COTTON', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_DYE', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_INCENSE', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_NUTMEG', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_OLIVE', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_PEPPER', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_PERFUME', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_SILK', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_SPICES', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_SUGAR', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_TEA', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_TOBACCO', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_WINE', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_BANANA', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_WHEAT', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_RUBBER', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_POTATO', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_COCONUT', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_POPPY', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_LAVENDER', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_MAIZE', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_PINEAPPLE', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_RICE', 1, 1),
-- ('IMPROVEMENT_ROME_LATIFUNDIUM', 'RESOURCE_EGYPT_FLAX', 1, 1);

If you want to implement it or for anyone who wants to add it themselves. I didn't test to see if it works but it most likely should.

The compatibility with even more resources should be intact. I haven’t tested it though. The change I rolled back was that latifundia are unpillageable again

But... a zip folder is already a folder. Why are you guys unpacking zip files into the parent folder instead of the regular unzip function, which makes the zip into a regular folder? ya'll are so weird.
I learn new things everyday!

The compatibility with even more resources should be intact. I haven’t tested it though. The change I rolled back was that latifundia are unpillageable again
I think I read in the thread for Even More Resources it wasn't the case for the Latifundium from someone so it is why I just added it myself. Better safe than sorry honestly.

Assyria's Iron Chariot's Fury of Nergal promotion says it gives 10% strength for each adjacent enemy unit, but it seems to be giving it based on adjacent friendly units instead

Hi All. Sorry to bother, but how do I go about installing this 3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP? With the vox populi components and other mod mods, there is just a folder I move to my Civ 5 mods folder. With this, there are just a large number of folders - Do i just drop these folders all into the mods folder? Would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Hi All. Sorry to bother, but how do I go about installing this 3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP? With the vox populi components and other mod mods, there is just a folder I move to my Civ 5 mods folder. With this, there are just a large number of folders - Do i just drop these folders all into the mods folder? Would greatly appreciate any assistance.
Just create a new folder (name does not matter) inside the Mods folder and extract the archive in there .

Looks like problems with 2-4 beta, many, many txt descriptions on units and buildings

Well, I don't have that kind of problem with 4Uc with the current beta (while using some additionnal gameplay mods like Better Lakes), so either you had an installation problem, a version problem or you added other mods that conflicts with this one.

Well, I don't have that kind of problem with 4Uc with the current beta (while using some additionnal gameplay mods like Better Lakes), so either you had an installation problem, a version problem or you added other mods that conflicts with this one.
Thanks, after reinstall everything works OK. Strange, but previous install didn't show any errors

Top Bottom