More Unique Components for Vox Populi

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread 87

Question about coding for some reason when I place the information in .SQL it is not loading. The building that I'm trying to replace disappears but the new building or unit does not get inserted into the civ directory...

Also I'm going to start publishing 3/4 unique component packs for a few civs like Nubia Vietnam etc... as soon as I can get this error fixed...

Question about coding for some reason when I place the information in .SQL it is not loading. The building that I'm trying to replace disappears but the new building or unit does not get inserted into the civ directory...
Sounds like you might have a problem with you .modinfo file? Maybe you have the import setting wrong?
Also I'm going to start publishing 3/4 unique component packs for a few civs like Nubia Vietnam etc... as soon as I can get this error fixed...
I made one for Nubia already, but Nubia's broken right now anyways.

Aight so I'll work on Vietnam and start moving through enginseers... I think Wei and the other Chinese one are going to be easy... for Vietnam Tram ma dao UU then find something for the other two in addition to making them compatible with YNAEMP

So far my questions are mostly based on art queries... and can you look over my modinfo?

Last edited:
Does you mod use any CPP table additions? If so, You need to reference CPP in your dependencies

Yap Did. I tried to change multiple National Wonders... Oh and for Cao Cao a unique granary that improves production of units and experience of units in addition to granting excess food and additional food from farms.

Changed the modinfo. It appears its in the .sql.

If you add multiple buildings Do you need to seperate them with commas or ;?

Last edited:
If you are doing it with a single statement then use commas. If they are separate statements (INSERT INTO, UPDATE, etc.) then end each with a ;

So for example
INSERT INTO Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides
(CivilizationType, BuildingClassType, BuildingType)
VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_...', 'BUILDINGCLASS_COURTHOUSE', 'BUILDING_ROME_CURIA'),
('CIVILIZATION_ROME', 'BUILDINGCLASS_HERMITAGE', 'BUILDING_ROME_CARACALLA'),
('CIVILIZATION_ROME', 'BUILDINGCLASS_HEROIC_EPIC', 'BUILDING_ROME_CAMPUS'),
('CIVILIZATION_ROME', 'BUILDINGCLASS_NATIONAL_EPIC', 'BUILDING_ROME_PARKS'),
('CIVILIZATION_ROME', 'BUILDINGCLASS_NATIONAL_TREASURY', 'BUILDING_ROME_TRAJAN'),
('CIVILIZATION_ROME', 'BUILDINGCLASS_OXFORD_UNIVERSITY', 'BUILDING_ROME_APPIAN'),
('CIVILIZATION_ROME', 'BUILDINGCLASS_GRAND_TEMPLE', 'BUILDING_ROME_PANTH');
Doesn't work?

That would work, but there could be any number of points of failure beyond that single statement. If 'CIVILIZATION_...' is actually what it says in the code then that's your problem right there though.

Okay you need to put this into another chat, or a private message or hop on the discord or something. This isn't the place to just vomit your code all over me and ask for answers like this.

Also, you should install SQLiteSpy and go through your own code before you go to others.

If you wan't to make this public then post it in the modding help subforum, not here.

Nothing you are doing here is interesting or groundbreaking; saving this for posterity on some public forum isn't breaking new ground or benefitting anyone. This is just litter.

Last edited:
I never knew about SQLite Spy and my big question was basically trying to figure a few things out about .sql so I could learn how to code. I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is because I'm basically taking other people's mods and using them as outlines for my own as an attempt to figure out how to program I figured out .xml however theres a few issues that I'm getting confused on...

What is the discord?

Last edited:
The Yamato's promotion, which had its name changed to "Taikan Kyohosyugi", is 4x stronger than the Santa Maria promotion, but they do the same thing, yes.

I'm so confused and frustrated. none of the luas work after I downloaded the newest version of VP. it's like this latest update broke everything. Is anyone else having this problem?

I've been using the 03/28 version when playing with 3/4UC and the Inuits, and had no problem whatsoever.

Not sure if this is an issue with the mod or is just something in my installation, but there's a handful of civs that only appear to have one additional component (Assyria, Poland, Mongolia, India and Austria). Can somebody please confirm?

Last edited:
I'm so confused and frustrated. none of the luas work after I downloaded the newest version of VP. it's like this latest update broke everything. Is anyone else having this problem?
I've tried current version with February patch, most of civs weren't working or were somehow faulty (only 3 UC or some bugs, Inuits have 1UC), now switched to 14.03 version and everything is ok (well, Inuits still have 1 UC, but besides them and Israel it seems ok).

Top Bottom