More Unique Components for Vox Populi

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread 87

Got half a mind to just roll my Spain fix into 4UC as well; at this point there is no doubt in my mind that it is a better, more interesting UA than what bass VP currently has for Isabelle

Please don't. Nothing makes me drop a mod faster than when it starts reaching outside of its intended scope like that. If I want your Spain fix, I'll add it separately.

Last edited:
Right. Okay. I’ll just make the tech change for the epic then. It’s just too early for anything; nothing can be done with it coming that early. It affects zulu’s Induna and carthage’s Suffet, not just the Teutonic Order.

This particular change is seeing a lot of criticism, from what I've seen. It seems entirely likely it doesn't stick.

So HE is keeping the GG, but it is going back to its previous spot on the tech tree. That's the good-ish news.

Bad news is the new version has a lot of CS changes to naval units, if I recall the patch notes correctly.

And changes to rough terrain penalty and swordsmen line. Working through all the CS/RCS changes today. It’s goinng to be a while till I push a new version. Proper documentation change logs and text adjustments are slowing me down.

ain't no rush, dan. it's done when it is done. we've all got lives to live.

thanks for all your hard work on this. I love 3/4UC, and it is hard to contemplate playing VP without it.

Update is live
Code:
v50:
- compatibility:
    - CS/RCS changes to match CS/RCS shuffle:
        Dromon: 9/17
        Fusta: 11/21
        Great Galleass: 17/27
        Xiafan Guanjun: 30/38
        Yamato: 55/80
        Scythed Chariot: 9/11
        Pancerni: 16/19
        Hashemite Raider: 47/57
        Prowler: 22/32
        Klepht: 28/45
        Cacador: 32/45
        Ballista: 8/13
        Turkish Bombard: 16/43
        Tarkhan: 14
        Iron Chariot: 12
        Chasqui: 10
        Koa: 12
        Black Tug: 27
        Shotelai: 22
    - University of Coimbra ==> culture on technology unlock increased to 50
    - Goedendag ==> Dropped stagnates growing on production
    - Andelsbevægelse     ==> 1 food added to grass, as well as plains
                        ==> dropped +3% worker speed
    - Teutonic Order     ==> dropped production scaler
                        ==> lowered base faith from 4 to 1
                        ==> added free Great General
    - Promotion Changes:
        Shotelai & Eagle gain cover I, lose Shock I
        Bellum Alet: Pillaging a tile gives +20 HP heal (up from 10 HP)

Maybe bump the Atlatlist bonus back to 50%, since they're no longer available earlier than comp bows?
I'd recommend asking G to change something about the atlatlist instead. This mod isn't really here to "fix" base VP.

Just putting this out there in case anyone else experiences it, since I can't find any hard evidence to my conclusion: I was having a consistently reproducible crash in a game. Logs said it was happening right at the start of the Inca's turn, so I used IGE to bring them up. Only thing I could see of note was a Qullqa that would have been finishing that same turn, so I used IGE to finish it (added it to the city) and then went back and ended my turn. No crash that time.

It *appears* to have been the Qullqa that was the issue, but as I said, I don't see any hard evidence in the logs or anywhere else. I kept the logs and a quick save that's ready to hit "Next Turn" on, on the off chance anyone wanted to take a look.

Had the same thing about 40 turns later. Game crashed on start of Inca's turn, went back in with IGE and looked - Sure enough, two cities were finishing a Qullqa.

well, here's the offending code. It was last modified 3 months ago, which suggests that something in this code has been changed on VP's end.
Code:
local eResourceCoca = GameInfoTypes.RESOURCE_COCA
local eCivilizationInca = GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_INCA

-- creates Coca under city
function OnConstructionPlaceCoca(iPlayer, iCity, iBuilding)
    local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]

if not(pPlayer and pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == eCivilizationInca) then return end
    if iBuilding ~= GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_INCA_QULLQA then return end

local pCity = pPlayer:GetCityByID(iCity)

if pCity then
        local pPlot = Map.GetPlot(pCity:GetX(), pCity:GetY())

pPlot:SetResourceType(eResourceCoca, 1)
        pPlot:SetImprovementType(GameInfoTypes.IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION)
        pPlot:SetImprovementType(-1)
        -- removes plantation after connecting Coca to trade list
        if pPlot:IsMountain() then
            pPlot:SetImprovementType(GameInfoTypes.IMPROVEMENT_JFD_MACHU_PICCHU)
        end
    end
end

-- checks from monopoly bonus for Coca
function OnTurnCheckMonopoly(iPlayer)
    local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]

for unit in pPlayer:Units() do
        if unit:GetDomainType() == GameInfoTypes.DOMAIN_LAND then 
            unit:SetHasPromotion(GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_UNIT_INCA_COCA, pPlayer:HasGlobalMonopoly(eResourceCoca)) 
        end
    end
end

if Game.IsCivEverActive(eCivilizationInca) then
    GameEvents.CityConstructed.Add(OnConstructionPlaceCoca)
    GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(OnTurnCheckMonopoly)
end
I suspect the problem could be something to do with monopoly resources, since that is new code in VP

I looked at the CPDLL code, I think I know what's the problem. The offending line is as follows, removing will make it work again.

Code:
pPlot:SetImprovementType(-1)

There is a missing sanity check in the DLL, I'll post a pull request tomorrow.

Unfortunately the DLL I built from the code currently on GitHub does not seem save game compatible with the released version.

Hmm. That worked in previous versions. Without that code, you can get some unsightly graphical glitches on mountain cities.

Heads up: the chariot archer in VP no longer loses all movement in rough terrain, rather having the +1 movement penalty. This means that the Assyrian Iron Chariot needs to be adjusted, as it still has the old promotion.

The Great Bombard has almost the same RCS as a field gun. If a field gun can do it then a G Bombard can.

Sorry, I was being facetious. Forgot that doesn't work on the internet.

Here's a Field Gun with Field II shooting a Corvette:

The Great Bombards hitting my ships (fortified in a city; I lost three this way) were doing five times that damage to a stronger unit. Something's fishy, is what I'm getting at. :lol:

Top Bottom