1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by pineappledan, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

If you start playing 3/4UC once or twice, you want it forever.

SwirlSlayer and Ziad like this.
  2. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

Asterix, Im always curious what mod list you use in your games? Same with Gazebo although I assume in order to balance VoxPopuli he would have to just play with only that.

3. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

First, I don't play enough ! I draw P.Icons instead !
    Also being a "baby" modder, my mod list is full of tweaks and personnal mods.

"I assume in order to balance VoxPopuli he would have to just play with only that"
    Absolutly yes

Only if you use to play VP for long enough, you'll know what modmod to pick to enjoy VP even more. According your "playstyle", all of then are not suitable.

The biggest mistake is to load maximum modmods to have maximum of new features.

Many modmods are just to improve aesthetic and/or UI enhancement. I like that. Infixo and adan_eslavo made very good ones :
    (ui) Meaningful Colours, Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments, UI - Filters in Trade Route Overview (Vox Populi), UI - Improved City View (Vox Populi EUI), UI - Map Pins, UI - Show XP in Military Overview, Zz_Extra_Promo_Icons

4. Dolen2

Dolen2 Chieftain

Civ 5 can cause weird crashing issues sometimes, so it might take some time for the cause to be found and fixed.

I also had a repeatable crash on CS turn, not using 3/4UC, but reverting back to a previous save solved it.
    See if this method works.

5. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

Anyone still crashing with Inca Qullqa? I thought I found the source of the problem, but I couldn't manage to replicate the crash anymore in the 9/9 beta.

6. KittyKat3120

KittyKat3120 Chieftain

Without your edit that you posted before, it still crashes when the AI build it.
    On a side note, Rome doesn't crash when the ai or human build the UI
    I'm not sure how to test for Songhai's

7. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

I think he’s talking about using the sept 15 patch. I need to update the qullqa with the instant food boost.

I am considering some small tweaks. Stay tuned; updated version will be posted tomorrow. I haven’t tested the new versions, but I will continue to update sql and lua to meet the current features of VP in the short term.

In the long term, if the stability issues introduced in the 08-21are not resolved then this mod will go to sleep. I have no time or interest to exhaustively test and rework components if the VP team is going to periodically break/alter code that is beyond my scope of understanding or capacity to fix. If they continue to pull the rug out from under our work here, then it won’t be in my interest to continue with updates.

8. Favorius

Favorius I am not a Chief!

As Russia why I cannot upgrade my Cannons into Licornes despite researching Metallurgy?

Edit: I have Enlightenment Era mod which adds another unit between Cannon-Licorne, so it must be the reason.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  9. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

If you are playing with EE, Licornes require the Flintlock tech, and replace the EE field gun. Not sure if that helps.

EE has more or less gone to sleep at this point; it hasn't kept up with newer VP versions. If you are using an up-to-date version of both VP and 4UC in combination with EE then you may have a bad time. Older versions of 4UC are available on the version history page linked in the OP.

10. Favorius

Favorius I am not a Chief!

Thanks you for answer. I have 4-20-2 version of VP, not the current one. In my game Licornes come with Metallury so that caused the confusion.

11. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

12. Bad_At_Diplomacy

Bad_At_Diplomacy Chieftain

I'm getting major crashing issues with 9-15-2.

Is 7-17 the last 'safe' version? Which one do you recommend PineappleDan?

I'm running full VP + World Congress Reformation + Unique City States + Wonders Expanded

13. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

14. Bad_At_Diplomacy

Bad_At_Diplomacy Chieftain

Honestly, I've had them playing nicely for some time now, though it does give a bigger advantage to statecraft / Austria. Is UCS no longer updated?

I guess all the modmoders are at the mercy of the larger VP updates.

15. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Yeah, I've never had problems with 4UC and UCS either. UCS is slightly unbalanced, since the AI can't take advantage of targeting certain CS for their bonuses, but other than that it seems to work well.

16. KittyKat3120

KittyKat3120 Chieftain

According to G, the issue of Inca's Qullqa CTD issue has been fixed. So I'm guessing this amazing mod isn't gona stop so soon?

17. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

18. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

You're such a beauty.

19. WhimsicalCotton

WhimsicalCotton Chieftain

Can there really be nothing done with the Indian Dhanurgraha?
    Like nothing really game changing or breaking, but still jarring to look at.

Attached Files:

20. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Haven't played in a while, probably gonna get back in it later this week. Anything in particular you want tested and/or feedback on, Dan?