More Unique Components for Vox Populi

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread 87

Things change to quick and I’m too busy to keep current with all the fiddly changes with the new versions

Is not giving The Incan Qullga no food on completion a deliberate choice or an oversight.
It's an issue with a dummy building class which don't have a text, which broke the UI. The UI can't handle a null value for text.
I already suggested pdan to add text to dummy building classes.
This was another issue but related to Qullqa.

Last edited:
No it's not. It's because granary had its food on completion dropped, and then added back again in the space of a month, and I'm tired and don't have time for this crap right now. It has nothing to do with dummy buildings.

No it's not. It's because granary had its food on completion dropped, and then added back again in the space of a month, and I'm tired and don't have time for this crap right now. It has nothing to do with dummy buildings.
Oh, I thought it was about another Qullqa issue, which is a UI bug.

Hi, sorry for dropping in like that, this mod used to work great, but it seems not to be compatible with the latest Vox Populi version ?
Also, it’s in a zip folder so how exactly should i install it in my Mods folder ? Just create a new folder and go ?
Cheers :)

Hi, sorry for dropping in like that, this mod used to work great, but it seems not to be compatible with the latest Vox Populi version ?
Also, it’s in a zip folder so how exactly should i install it in my Mods folder ? Just create a new folder and go ?
Unzip the mod in a folder in your Civ 5 MODS folder and enable it in the mods menu in game.

What's the last compatible version of VP with this mod and where can I download it? I just can't play VP without these extra components anymore

What's the last compatible version of VP with this mod and where can I download it? I just can't play VP without these extra components anymore

It's compatible with the latest version.

I seem to have a problem making the 3rd and 4th components show up during loading. I have a properly installed EUI vp with correct installation paths yet it doesn't show. Tried to reinstall it and the same problem.

The components properly show up in the civpedia tho

I seem to have a problem making the 3rd and 4th components show up during loading. I have a properly installed EUI vp with correct installation paths yet it doesn't show. Tried to reinstall it and the same problem.

Have you tried deleting the cache folder? Also if you are using any other mods try disabling them and only leave VP3.0 + 3rd/4th UC

Last edited:

Do they appear on the belonging civ when you select a civ on the game setup?
Loading screen doesn't matter since it's only visual stuff (Vanilla loading screen can't show up more than 2 unique items).

Do they appear on the belonging civ when you select a civ on the game setup?
Loading screen doesn't matter since it's only visual stuff (Vanilla loading screen can't show up more than 2 unique items).
Yep everything works just as intended except for the loading screen. Also tried isolating my mods with just VP+3/4th UC and clearing cache during reinstallation but it still persists.

It's really not a big issue, just an aesthetic/immersion thing.

Yep everything works just as intended except for the loading screen. Also tried isolating my mods with just VP+3/4th UC and clearing cache during reinstallation but it still persists.

It's really not a big issue, just an aesthetic/immersion thing.
You probably use a mod with its own modified Loadscreen.lua. So then you can't do anything about it but modify the file yourself (which is difficult and tricky). So the loading screen works properly because it's not built to show more than 2 unique items.

Thank you for all the help!

After an hour of switching mods around, the culprit is indeed Really Advanced Setup. The mod is really old so there were incompatibilities with the loadscreen specifically the function onInitScreeen(). Don't wanna mess around with that as I'm not that familiar with local functions for this game, I just deleted/renamed the LoadScreen.lua and LoadScreen.xml and the 3rd and 4th components appeared again. The style switched back to the original but I can do with that XD

Is there any way I can change Germany's UU from the Landsknecht to the Stormtruppen from TarcisioCM'German Empire for VP?

^I was attempting to make a conversion mod that completely replaces Germany's UU, UA, and UB, but I've recently given up on that idea and will settle to make a small mod instead.

I added the Stormtrooper as a 4UC a few versions back. Check the changelog.

You can take that old version and add them into the newest version of 4UC, then add the correct file references into the .modinfo

lastly, add this line:
DELETE FROM Civilizations_UnitClassOverrides WHERE Type = 'UNIT_GERMAN_LANDSKNECHT';

Or something like that. I'm on mobile so I might have misspelled something, and I'm going off of memory for what the tables etc. are called in the database.

Okay, so I did everything you told me to do, I even replaced the assets of the stormtrooper with its ww1 counterpart from TarcisioCM'German Empire for VP. The issue is this.. where exactly do I add:

DELETE FROM Civilizations_UnitClassOverrides WHERE Type = 'UNIT_GERMAN_LANDSKNECHT';

?

Top Bottom