4,99$ For Babylon

Video games didn't exist a century ago. :p

He actually just said games, not video games. And it's true - buying the latest version of chess or poker felt really special. The mail-order-content was kind of a bummer, though.

Especially when the producer made you pay an extra 5 dubloons for the "Monarchy Power Set" , otherwise you were stuck without king,queen and bishop pawns. :spank:

I find it amusing that people will spend twenty dollars for one meal at a restaurant which they'll finish in the course of a about ten minutes, yet people are unwilling to spend five dollars on a civilization that they'll get considerably more time and enjoyment out of. People's enjoyment per dollar ratios seem to be off by a bit, no?

Regardless, Civ V launched with as many civs as IV. No one should be complaining about additional Civs not being free.

And if the issue is cost, well, if five dollars is too much for you to spend, what are you doing posting on a Civ forum instead of working? How did you even have money to buy Civ V in the first place?

I find it amusing that people will spend twenty dollars for one meal at a restaurant which they'll finish in the course of a about ten minutes, yet people are unwilling to spend five dollars on a civilization that they'll get considerably more time and enjoyment out of.

Imagine eating that twenty dollar meal... with a plastic dish in some kind of let-down environment and flaws regarding the meal. And they still want the same price like 10 years ago (where they had real dishes, a nice environment, excellent meal, nice location to go with your wife!) and besides that, they now force a membership. I wouldn't go eat there with my wife besides some strange fastfood (or whatever) folks. I don't want to support this, neither do I want a "nice" sauce for some more money.... for my meal with it's flaws. Too bad, its one of the few really exciting and good restaurants which had the best "special meal" in the world... sorry.. WAS

Everyone who wants our money, wants us to believe to just spend some little money on X or Y.... it won't make a difference for you (for now), depends on how much you are spending some few bucks... but in the end: It'll be much! The hit isn't recognized directly because it takes some longer time to see the truth on the hit or: how much you finally paid for something to be complete and so on. It indeed won't hurt us, but it gives them the acknowledge to proceed with their damn DLC-strategy many don't like. In my opinion, DLC's are lowering the value of many games because... it just doesn't feel complete. That bad feeling started already, after all games came out in these lame DVD boxes with the damn manual dumbed on dvd. Don't remember the last time I was excited after buying a game...

Damn, I really tried hard to write it in at least "understandable" english... hope you know what I mean above

Just to add something about the price:

Of course, $5.00 isn't much, as many people are saying, but if you have the attitude that $5.00 isn't much and you can spend that amount without a second thought, then you will also have that attitude to all your expenditure.

In that frame of mind, you would end up buying up all kinds of DLC, budget games, monthly subscriptions and so on. It all accumulates.

So if you're on a budget, you pay it only if you really want it. Or you could stop drinking coffee and beer, and going to the restaurant and then download as much DLC as you like on impulse :)

I find it amusing that people will spend twenty dollars for one meal at a restaurant which they'll finish in the course of a about ten minutes, yet people are unwilling to spend five dollars on a civilization that they'll get considerably more time and enjoyment out of. People's enjoyment per dollar ratios seem to be off by a bit, no?

Regardless, Civ V launched with as many civs as IV. No one should be complaining about additional Civs not being free.

And if the issue is cost, well, if five dollars is too much for you to spend, what are you doing posting on a Civ forum instead of working? How did you even have money to buy Civ V in the first place?

First: Eating is necessary to survive not playing civ V . Hence why people are willing to spend more to something which is necessary than something optional. Let's add to it is also accepted to spend more for a good meal than a single civ in a game. And lastly i'm not sure about you but while it might last less long a good meal gives much more pleasure than any game .

And second: It is not that i don't have the money but that the Utility/price ratio is simply waaaaaay too low. A single civ is not worth 5 dollars . Just think about it : 10 civs at that price = price of a brand new game . Dunno about you but i prefer to spend 50 bucks on a new game than 10 civs .

Personally, If I whopped out $40-$50 on a game like Civ5 (which I didn't btw and is already offending in the first place.) I'd make sure this company wouldn't receive another 1% of my hard earned cash.

My 5 bits. :)

Personally, If I whopped out $40-$50 on a game like Civ5 (which I didn't btw and is already offending in the first place.) I'd make sure this company wouldn't receive another 1% of my hard earned cash.

My 5 bits. :)

I would give them a slap in the face, thats what I would do :lol:

Also

First: Eating is necessary to survive not playing civ V . Hence why people are willing to spend more to something which is necessary than something optional. Let's add to it is also accepted to spend more for a good meal than a single civ in a game. And lastly i'm not sure about you but while it might last less long a good meal gives much more pleasure than any game .

And second: It is not that i don't have the money but that the Utility/price ratio is simply waaaaaay too low. A single civ is not worth 5 dollars . Just think about it : 10 civs at that price = price of a brand new game . Dunno about you but i prefer to spend 50 bucks on a new game than 10 civs .

Well if we go with that ludicrous restaurant analogy, imagine if you used to eat at a restaurant and you very much like it, at one point they change their menu but promise an even better culinary delight, you trust them because heck you have been eating there for eons now.

The restaurant asks you to pay upfront and you trust it, but when he bring you the plate, its nothing like you expected, there is only 1/10 of the quantity and it tastes horrible, so you ask for some salt to hide the stench and here comes the waitress telling you that oh that costs another 5$.

What do you do ?

Smile and keep eating ?

Or punch her in the face and then burn the restaurant with an improved molotov ? (j/k lol)

In Civ 1 only 8 civs existed, and the amount of Civs in each vanilla have been increasing.
Civ 1 had 14 civs and civ 2 had 21 civs.

The price of civ 5 DLC is a non issue for me, because the game simply isn't fun to play.
Adding more of the same won't change that.

I guess 6-8 single DLCs will be released until the first expansion set, which will include also new layers of gameplay.
I don't see those layers being sold as DLC.

Glad i never bothered with this piece of crap that is allowed to call itself a Civ, the amount doesn't matter really...charging for 1 more playable Civ in an unfinished game that is a disgrace for the whole series so far = disgusting.
Fvkk you fireaxis or whoever came up with this, i ain't gonna buy :):):):) from them anymore and stay with Civ4. And if Civ5 ever becomes playable, iam gonna download it somewhere for nothing to test it before i buy it, lol who do they think they can arse around.

Glad i never bothered with this piece of crap that is allowed to call itself a Civ, the amount doesn't matter really...charging for 1 more playable Civ in an unfinished game that is a disgrace for the whole series so far = disgusting.
Fvkk you fireaxis or whoever came up with this, i ain't gonna buy :):):):) from them anymore and stay with Civ4. And if Civ5 ever becomes playable, iam gonna download it somewhere for nothing to test it before i buy it, lol who do they think they can arse around.

There you are Yoshi! I've been looking everywhere for you! Now swallow this lemon and put your saddle back on we've got another adventure.

I would give them a slap in the face, thats what I would do :lol:

Also

Well if we go with that ludicrous restaurant analogy, imagine if you used to eat at a restaurant and you very much like it, at one point they change their menu but promise an even better culinary delight, you trust them because heck you have been eating there for eons now.

The restaurant asks you to pay upfront and you trust it, but when he bring you the plate, its nothing like you expected, there is only 1/10 of the quantity and it tastes horrible, so you ask for some salt to hide the stench and here comes the waitress telling you that oh that costs another 5$.

What do you do ?

Smile and keep eating ?

Or punch her in the face and then burn the restaurant with an improved molotov ? (j/k lol)

1. Fraxis didn't ask you to pay upfront. They just gave you the option to do so.
2. Fraxis didn't "change the menu" as you can still play Civ IV as well as every other version of Civ. What they did via the analogy is add another menu to the item.
3. When did Fraxis say that Civ V was going to be better than Civ IV?
4. Fraxis isn't charging for patches, so this salt analogy is bull as well.

Hi Mr I want everything for free!

It's like eating at a restaurant, then complaining that the soda/beer to the food cost 4,99$, you don't HAVE to buy it but it sure makes the food taste better.

Oh GAWD, some Americans are so dumb. :rolleyes:

I do find it a bit ridicolous that we are suppose to PAY for Babylon, and yet we'll get Mongolia for free...

But my point is I don't have THAT much money anyway, I mean, I'd love to get Babylon, I think that in the future they might change their minds..

I do find it a bit ridicolous that we are suppose to PAY for Babylon, and yet we'll get Mongolia for free...

But my point is I don't have THAT much money anyway, I mean, I'd love to get Babylon, I think that in the future they might change their minds..
:confused:
Just use Piece Of Mind's mod and you're sorted, free of charge, right now.
...Or do you actually care about those laughable Steam Achievements? "Use a promotion". "Win the game on a Standard Map". "Fully explore Honor Policy Tree"... :rolleyes:

Its scary how soo many people inhere just accept that they are getting screwed, and have to pay hidden charges for stupid extra stuff that should have been included in the game.

Sadly Babylon is really not an irrelevant part of the game, as I have been playing with the Deluxe from day 1.

Some of the most interesting games I have had are when Babylon decided to rush me with a bunch of archer UU's right at the start of the game. It was one of the most challenging and enjoyable games I've played, as a warrior can barely kill one. Nebuchadnezzar actually adds a bit of character to this otherwise unfinished and dull game.

Will I pay for DLC? Yes, if I am still even playing in a few months. Am I disappointed and alienated? Of course. The game is not even close to finished, and they are already hawking DLC that should have been part of the original game.

Its scary how soo many people inhere just accept that they are getting screwed, and have to pay hidden charges for stupid extra stuff that should have been included in the game.

It's scary how many people will make impulse buys and then blame other people for "forcing" them to preorder/buy the game before reviews. It's scary how many people will lap up $30 expansions that add features that could have been modded in (and by your logic should have been in the vanilla) and then complain about $5 DLC (also a friendly reminder that Steam DLC goes on sale.)

it's scary how many people aren't content with how angry they are about Civ V and keep trying to make themselves even angrier.

It's scary how many people will make impulse buys and then blame other people for "forcing" them to preorder/buy the game before reviews. It's scary how many people will lap up $30 expansions that add features that could have been modded in (and by your logic should have been in the vanilla) and then complain about $5 DLC (also a friendly reminder that Steam DLC goes on sale.)

it's scary how many people aren't content with how angry they are about Civ V and keep trying to make themselves even angrier.

It wasn't an impulse buy to me - far from it. It was a new civ game, which was made by the only company in the gaming industry I still had trust in and so I deliberately preordered the game. Now that's all gone and smashed to smithereens, and civfanatics forum is actually a very nice place to find likeminded souls in that matter.

I am quite content with how angry I am about Civ 5, as I much doubt that I could possibly be any angrier.

And I entirely agree with Guardian_PL.

Top Bottom