1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

40 release!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by billw2015, Aug 16, 2019.

1. billw2015

billw2015 King

Yeah I just made this list up off the top of my head. In the future I want to automate the generation of the submit message so it will be accurate.

raxo2222 likes this.
  2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I noticed that it just became a -1 cost building in this last xml review. I didn't realize a trait was influencing it's build speed though.

3. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

This building had -1 cost since 2015 - this is when this building was added here in SVN.
    It was your in trait set by the way.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

hmm... I noticed SOME mapinguari building cost was changing in one of the compares lately at least. Yes, it was in the traits set but as you can see there is no cost display in the traits xml. I was just going through and picking names of buildings that would qualify for that theme. Wouldn't have thought that was a free building.

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Yeah, this building can be only placed by unit - subdued sloth
    Both of those mapinguari buildings always had cost of -1.
    I made BUILDINGCLASS_MAPINGUARI_GUARD autobuilt and replacing BUILDINGCLASS_MAPINGUARI_COMPOUND, as players won't remember that anyway some time ago.
    This happens when mapinguari unit is forceobsoleted - both of these things happen on Gunpowder tech.

Probably you did that for other -1 cost buildings too :p

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Then why was one going changing to either having a cost now to not having one? I saw it in the prehistoric review merge. Not sure what it ended up with.

It's possible. Don't really care. The ultimate goal here is to eventually use the same selections to give buildings a class categorization mechanism that other effects can be more easily tagged onto. So I was only looking at the function of the building and whether it fell within the category that trait would represent. In essence, this means that eventually I'd like another buildingcategory tag for buildings so that we can say, for example, this civic gives +5% production when building all Passive Defense buildings, or all Walls, or all Melee Training buildings or whatever. Like combat classes on units, buildings could have numerous designations and instead of having to have huge lists like these, we could simply have the tag say, +25% production on all Seafaring buildings. Much simplified. But it takes a lot of setup. You could also add other tags like, all Seafaring buildings give +1 Happiness. That sort of thing.

I KNOW we have SpecialBuildingInfos, but a building can only have one specialbuilding type and it also can completely take control over numerous aspects of that building like when it tech qualifies and how much it costs. Temples and Cathedrals use this.

MattCA likes this.
  7. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

On github only its tech requirement was changed.

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I didn't finish the compare I was looking at... it was too long. I have no idea where it's landed on that now.

9. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Its cost is -1 - it never changed.
    You can check by rightclicking \Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines\Megafauna_Units\Mapinguari\Mapinguari_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml and pressing "show log"

There were few end of line fixes, those produced extremely long compare logs, but effectively didn't change anything.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Is this really worth arguing over?

I'm not saying it ever hit the log.

I could be wrong but I recall having seen a -1 going to some 400 something or the other way around on a Mapinguari building when I was reviewing the prehistoric tech tree change. I don't give a damn whether I'm right or not. It's not why it was set on my list. It was set on my list because it is a building of a military training category. I did not bother to see if those buildings that give XP or unlock new units had a cost or not.

11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

It was other building having, definitely not this alt timeline building, that had -1 cost changed to something else.
    It was mapinguari unit, that got cost changed from -1 to 100.

Also since your traits rely on stuff, that is in modules, then modules can't be turned off.
    Alt timelines, religions, traits, and Pepper's space (migrate earth stuff to core and space stuff - we have few things here - from core) content could stay modularized indefinitely.

I wonder if its possible to make this stuff easier @billw2015
    For example XML editor could collect all building definitions to one temporary file.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  12. billw2015

billw2015 King

Yeah, please start another thread and we can work out what exactly the problem is and what the best solution might be. I think it won't be implemented for v40 regardless as it sounds like a refactor of XML.

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Fair enough. Didn't think I was going nuts but I did read things very rapidly there.
    I leave modularization to those who care about modularization.

raxo2222 likes this.
  14. billw2015

billw2015 King

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Are we ready for a new packaging up for v40 this weekend or do we have reason and cause to further delay? I'm not sure where we're at with that at the moment. I know of numerous adjustments coming to certain things but I'm not sure if any of it should hold us back or not. Opinions from the team please?

16. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

billw2015 likes this.
  17. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I think we are close to ready afaik, maybe bill wants to make a couple more tweaks to the paging before a v40 release is ready, other than that I don't know about any ongoing things that should be completed necessary for a v40 release..

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    billw2015 likes this.
  18. Yudishtira

What about the Heart of War messages, in particular that they refer to the enemy unit with your adjective, eg. the Egyptian Toucan.

19. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Heart of War gameoption is disabled (hidden and off by default) though, so I'm not sure what messages you are referring to...

20. Yudishtira

These ones, about the Egyptian Pigeon...
    20190926230208_1a.jpg