1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

40 release!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by billw2015, Aug 16, 2019.

1. billw2015

billw2015 King

No should be fine, just update and *clean* SVN it then zip it up I think?
    Note the true version is actually v40.0.601, not v40. If we release patches I expect they will be v40.1.xxx, v40.2.xxx. I think it will not be any problem to just call it v40 on moddb though. Crashdumps/logs etc will still have the full version number.
    I suggest you put the version number in the zip file name (like Caveman2Cosmos_v40). I notice the older ones on moddb do, but the most recent one was missing the version number.

Osk21 likes this.
  2. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Can we delay release by 24 hours, so I can finish quick review of resource producers?
    I'm now at Atomic era.

Osk21 likes this.
  3. garfunkel

garfunkel Chieftain

Oh wow, so 40 release is so close? I better hold on with starting my 39 game then.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Sure.

raxo2222 and Osk21 like this.
  5. margolloxx

margolloxx Chieftain

can i have a countdown until release? :p

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

IF it was a fixed plan, sure, but it's more of a 'when I can get to it' sort of affair.

Raven Destroyer and Osk21 like this.
  7. margolloxx

margolloxx Chieftain

well then it could have been something like this:
    :scan:
    seconds until release
    x
    x-1
    x-2

Osk21 likes this.
  8. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I converted winery wonders to group wonder type, as if you build one, you can't build other two in your empire.
    I also removed help text, that was indicating python effect on wonder, that had no python effect.
    I corrected python art bug with one wonder too - someone moved art without checking python.

Osk21 and sunrisereader like this.
  9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

With that sort of time resolution considered, I can only say when I begin the process. The upload takes a highly variable amount of time - I don't even know when it's going to complete when I begin it.

Osk21 likes this.
  10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

This was pretty much the idea for those anyhow, although maybe we were going to go a bit deeper. Interesting to see someone else use this.

Osk21 and raxo2222 like this.
  11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I pushed my changes to Github now.

Osk21 likes this.
  12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Caveman2Cosmos v40 released!

Download Here!

We'll have to start a v41 discussion document and start up new debug threads. I'll have to do some of that stuff later. Make sure I've done everything right and let me know if I messed anything up. Normally I would have made an update to include the v40 version on the SVN but it's supposed to be auto-write only now so I'm not thinking I was supposed to do anything there now. Once we know this release is in a stable and correct state, I'll start putting it out there on twitter. Feel free to post this out to facebook and reddit and all y'alls social media and such.

I gotta do the whole restricting SVN access later today fyi.

Osk21 likes this.
  13. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Great Job. :goodjob:

Downloaded with no problems (16 have in first 2 hours).
    Recalc (Medieval Era) took only seconds instead of minutes. But will start a new game.

Osk21 likes this.
  14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

What does this mean?

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Commits to the SVN should only be automatically through the Git mechanism to update the SVN or we end up with a problem where the commit gets overwritten so access for all team members to write to the SVN version needs to be cut off to avoid problems that could result from doing things the old way, such as what dsma_bell did twice recently.

EDIT: Looks like Alberts2 may have already addressed this as the Developers section is now read only.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Osk21 likes this.
  16. Osk21

Osk21 Barbarian Killer win Peace thru War!

But people who only use SVN can always just update the most recent SVN and have a current game correct? I do not understand git yet!

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Git is only for the developers. You, anyone who wants to play 'the absolute latest', can and should update from the SVN but only the Git system should be committing changes to the SVN for players to access through updates.

Osk21 likes this.
  18. Harrier

Harrier Deity

As you are a player and not a modder, you can forget about GIT. Just download the SVN as normal. GIT allows testing to be done by modders (so that it does not crash the game) before it is added to the SVN.

Consider GIT as Alpha testing, SVN as Beta testing and ModDB as latest release. Get ModDB initially and then use SVN updates to latest version - if you want to. GIT is for the programmers and developers etc.

Osk21 likes this.
  19. Osk21

Osk21 Barbarian Killer win Peace thru War!

Thanks to all!!! I hope to be able to research all techs in this game. Or I could restart with a smaller map if it crashes. I have pretty good luck with Caveman2Cosmos SVN not crashing!

Attached Files:

20. billw2015

billw2015 King

Yes to everything you said except this. If you are going to use SVN version, just use SVN, it shouldn't be mixed with the moddb version, nor used to update it.

It definitely should not crash on largest maps now, even in late game, if you have Graphics Paging enabled in options.

Osk21, KaTiON_PT and Raven Destroyer like this.