1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

40 release!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by billw2015, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

After a quick look I'm thinking:
    szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_ATTACKER_UNYIELDING_SUSTAIN_HUMAN", getNameKey(), getVisualCivAdjective(pDefender->getTeam()), pDefender->getNameKey());
    should be:
    szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_ATTACKER_UNYIELDING_SUSTAIN_HUMAN", getNameKey(), pDefender->getVisualCivAdjective(getTeam()), pDefender->getNameKey());

That may not be the correct either, but the solution is somewhere along that line.
    TB should look into this as he's probably familiar with this code considering he's its author. @Thunderbrd

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not the issue because it shouldn't be getting to this point at all as there should be no basis for sending the message in the first place without the option engaged. The bug isn't who it's being sent to, it's that it's possible that it's being sent. It wasn't broken previously and I have no idea what changes could've brought it on now. It happened around the time we went to git and the PPIO merge so tracking it by changelogs might be tough.

Glad it was brought up though. I really should try to fix it before we look at release, yes. So this weekend and probably next week is out for release because I probably won't get a chance to do anything about this until the weekend after this coming one.

3. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Yeah, I've not seen this bug myself, could be yudi has a broken save or something, but I haven't played much after the v39 release, so the bug could be there for all C2C players for all I know.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

No, I saw it and reported it as well. I haven't taken the time yet to try and catch a save where it takes place though.

Osk21 likes this.
  5. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Just to clarify: it's being sent to the right person, the bug I reported is that it attributes my (ie. the attacker's) nationality to the defending pigeon.

As for when it occurred, I'm sure it was since 10969, quite a bit after the PPIO merge. In the first instance, look at changes since 11024, as I'm semi-sure I didn't see it on that version either. And before 11031, since that's the version I'm still on.

Osk21 likes this.
  6. billw2015

billw2015 King

I don't get any crash on exit. Please upload a crash dump, and any repro steps that might be required!

7. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

These stopped for me once I switched to Windows Vista SP2 compatibility (I have 64bit Windows 7, not sure about him)

That compatibility mode doesn't degrade performance and fixes win7 specific crashes.

billw2015 likes this.
  8. Yudishtira

I get it whenever I exit C2C, even without loading a save, so no repro steps I can suggest. I also don't get a minidump.

Just this (and even this varies considerably):
    Crashonexit.png

If Vista compatibility is the solution, I don't think it's worth it.

billw2015 likes this.
  9. billw2015

billw2015 King

I'll try it on my Win 7 VM.
    /edit Yeah I can repro it on the VM

10. billw2015

billw2015 King

Fixed it, not sure how Vista compatibility helped other than hiding the crash, as it was a legitimate bug.

Osk21 and raxo2222 like this.
  11. billw2015

billw2015 King

I guess the paging is working okay now as well? I didn't hear any further complaints about it.
    Anything else or can we consider the current SVN a release candidate? I am working on some spelling corrections which I will continue to add up until either I finish them or we release, but they shouldn't affect the release schedule.

Osk21 likes this.
  12. Osk21

Osk21 Barbarian Killer win Peace thru War!

Anything else or can we consider the current SVN a release candidate?

Love the things you all are doing with C2C. The Game plays better than ever for me.

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Interesting question. If it continues to remain stable, then perhaps we should issue a release this weekend.

Osk21 and billw2015 like this.
  14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

A potential merge of the tech tree rewrite branch can wait until after a v40 release.
    It reduces RAM use by about 70 MB, though I don't think that's enough to delay any potential MAF's significantly.
    The changes in tech screen behaviour may be uncomfortable for some so better to release without it and let SVN players test and provide feedback on it during the long wait for v41.

Harrier and billw2015 like this.
  15. billw2015

billw2015 King

I definitely want to put the fixed NIF files in for v40 (removing extra lights).

Osk21 likes this.
  16. Yudishtira

Did you say it would only show one era at a time? You would need to change eras to select the next lifestyle tech?

Osk21 likes this.
  17. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

No, it shows one era plus the lifestyle tech for the next era by default when opening the screen.
    One can also expand it to show multiple eras with some drop down selections.

JosEPh_II and Osk21 like this.
  18. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

This is done now, right?

@ Team: Any other reason to delay the v40 release?

@Thunderbrd: Are you in charge of setting up the release? Should we aim for this next week as release window, if you have time for it?

19. billw2015

billw2015 King

It is done.

JosEPh_II, Osk21 and Toffer90 like this.
  20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I may try to aim for it this weekend if it remains to appear completely stable.

Are we aware of any serious bugs that are currently outstanding?