1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

8.3x Bugs Thread

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Sephi, May 14, 2010.

1. Sephi

Sephi Deity

I can't really remember, but I think I already fixed this for 9.0.

2. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Patch 8.33:

Currently playing as the Frozen, I discovered Sorcery. Now my world spell is available. From this point on, I have to push the space key for every unit when its turn is over because the game thinks that this unit is able to cast a spell.

3. Sephi

Sephi Deity

I added an XML tag for influence driven war recently which broke it. Will be fixed next version.

4. Sephi

Sephi Deity

sounds quite annoying. Is already fixed it for next version, I changed the default of this mechanic, so by default all spells have it off. Prevents cases like this where it isn't set for a spell.

To quickfix it you need to add
    Code:
     			<bNoInterruptUnitCycling>1</bNoInterruptUnitCycling>

to the entry of the Frozen Worldspell in modules\normalmodules\frozen\Frozen_civ4spellinfos.xml
    But you will also need to copy the file civ4unitspellschema.xml from Assets\xml\units into the frozen folder and rename it frozen_civ4unitspellschema.xml. Or you simply cast the Worldspell.

5. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Thanks for your help. :)

6. Azga

Azga Chieftain

Not sure if anyone else has found this but while playing the Amurites in 8.33 I find that I can't upgrade a wizard to an archmage which is a serious issue for a magic flavoured civ.

7. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Do you have reagents connected to your capital?

8. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Patch 8.33:

Python exception when loading my saved game.

9. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Patch 8.33:

Continuing my game with the Frozen, I'm about to crush Faeryl Viconia. Now open please my attached savegame and ask her to make peace. She is unable to capitulate, like many other AI players in my last games.
    I really hope this awkward bug is solved in Wildmana 9. ;)

10. Sephi

Sephi Deity

The Python exception is caused somewhere in the Worldbuilder python. No idea why this is run at all when loading a savegame but it should have no impact on the game at all. As far as I know this code is only necessary for setting up scenarios.

I checked the Capitulation and it works fine (well, the BTS code isn't great, but Till wrote some tweaks so that it gets the job done). You need a ratio of higher than 8.0 and the AI will always capitulate (checked by loading the savegame and creating a few auris ascended via worldbuilder, they give a lot of power :D).

11. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

But the game mechanic for defeated AI players seems to differ strongly from vanilla FFH2. In my savegame from reply #309 Faeryl lost about 4 or 5 cities and her army is wiped out. But instead of begging for peace she wants a city and techs from me (note that this isn't only Faeryl-related. Most, if not all AI players are behaving in the same way). Outrageous!

Ok then, I played a few turns further - a new savegame is attached. As you can see, I have over 11 times of her power. But she still refuses to capitulate. And when I ask her what is necessary for peace, she wants 4 techs and a city. So what's wrong?

12. Sephi

Sephi Deity

thanks for uploading a savegame. The problem was an Overflow. Basically when a value becomes too high it gets negative. That was also why Faeryl thought that she was winning the war. Also explains why I did not experience this problem in my games or atleast not often enough to recognize it.

I wrote a new function now for the AI to decide if it should end a war where the Overflow problem cannot happen. Basically AI now will always want to make Peace if power ratio higher than 6:1. Else it is a combination of how much the AI has lost in the war compared to its enemy and the Power Ratio.

13. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Wow, that's good news! :)
    This has been one of my major negative points about Wildmana. Now that this is gonna be fixed, I'm really glad. :)

14. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

8.32 The button art for the Doviello catapult is the cow-tapult.

15. Sephi

Sephi Deity

nice catch, fixed

16. Lord Katana

Lord Katana Warlord

8.34, sheaim, erebus mapscrip

- when gaining a Golden age through the republic voting system, if you are in a golden age already, it doesn't extend

17. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha Chieftain

I am playing the Amurites. The first 1/3 or so of the game is fine, but eventually all of my swordmages and battlemages seem to suffer a random 1 point loss of strength. I have all of the mana types needed for buffing them available, but they don't seem to recognize that this is the case.

I tried to create a swordmage and a battlemage using the worldbuilder to see what happens, and when they are first created they are fine. After a turn, however, there strength drops by one. It is very frustrating.

18. Micky Onimusha

Micky Onimusha Prince

Playing as the Lurchuirp I got the Minister Koun event, and allowed him to spawn. Along with a bunch of Archers and so forth, I noticed when scrolling my mouse over his city that he appears to have two Barnaxus units (I'm not sure whether he built them or they spawned, I only just noticed them now and he's been in the game a few turns now):

Screenshot:
    Spoiler :

And I've attached the save. I myself also have a Barnaxus unit of my own as well. So as it stands, Barny is wandering around 3 times in my current game, heh.

Attached Files:

19. Sephi

Sephi Deity

Do you have a savegame? I never experienced this.

already fixed for next version. I had added some code to make sure Barnaxus isn't permanently dead if you somehow manage to destroy the Pieces of barnaxus (with a hidden nationality unit for example). Unfortunately that code worked a bit too well, so that there can be multiple versions of Barnaxus.

20. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha Chieftain

Here you are.