1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

8.3x Bugs Thread

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Sephi, May 14, 2010.

1. Silaor

Silaor Chieftain

Will test further, but it seems that the second unit built by the Warrens doesn't benefit from Esus when following the cult.

edit : The "bonus" unit doesn't even get the Esus religion.

2. Micky Onimusha

Micky Onimusha Prince

I've noticed as the Balseraphs, my slaves can cast "add to freak show" without actually having a freak show in the city. Only tried this with human slaves so far, not sure if this applies to Elf, Dwarf and Orc slaves.

Edit: Also, just realised I made a wolf pen with a wolf created by a Hall of Mirrors (guessing the same trick works on all animals)

3. Silaor

Silaor Chieftain

The event giving a free monument gives a free theatre instead. A bit op, and the option for temporary happiness becomes totally useless since Theatre gives +1:).

4. Phoenix204

Phoenix204 Chieftain

Running into a repeatable CTD while playing as the Faeries. I'm killing Luchuirp Minister Koun's last city but he's staying in the game with the help of his three Pieces of Barny that are left after his Barnies die (Require Complete Kills is off).

I've gotten the CTD twice and managed to cure it once by killing the pieces before I ended the turn where I took his city (or at least I think I did, I reloaded when I saw: DEAD Minister Koun).
    Edit: Forgot to mention that the CTD doesn't always happen the turn I kill Koun. Once it did, and once it waited a turn or two.

I did a touch of XML editing to the Never Never and Eternal Woods (just yield changes) but I'm not even to Eternal Court yet so I doubt that's the problem.

Got lucky with the autosave so here's the save where I'm set up to kill Koun:

Attached Files:

5. Mr.Calimero

Mr.Calimero Chieftain

I'm playing WM 8.33 and I've not been sure for if this are really bugs.
    They are merely strange game play error, so I think.

- Playing the Amurites I've noticed that Planeshifter are not able to be upgraded as Druids.
    - The german translation for engineering and machinery is the same. Both are named: 'Maschinenbau'. Makes it not easy for beginners like me ;-)
    - If noticed the 'orc slayer' and 'demon slayer' pictures for upgrade are the same.

And I've got some questions for the gameplay @ all:
    Is it planned, if a city revolts and returns to his old owner, that all of our units are deleted?
    Items collected stay in the city, but the units are gone forever. Makes it hard for some high level units first taking a city and than guard it until you can build your own.

The other thing is - is it possible to disable the mana graphics from the player-table?
    Perhaps I just want to see what mana I must look for regardless what player is in game.

thx for reading.
    Mr.C

6. tesb

tesb Emperor

there is a little mana icon in first row right to the rest of the mana nodes icons, if you click on it the icons will disappear
    edit: see this picture:
    Spoiler :

there is quite a huge amount of stuff not translated, i would recommend that you switch to english.
    if you want to translate stuff feel free to do so.

hm either a button is not linked correctly or there is one missing i will look at it and if it turns out there is a button missing i will create a new one.

edit2: @sephi i could indeed not find an orc slayer promotion (although the undead slayer promotion looks more like an orc slayer promotion, anyways if you want a new button just say so)

i can't comment on the rest of your report

7. Mr.Calimero

Mr.Calimero Chieftain

I've seen this one but, I can only switch the mana graphics.
    What to do if I want so see that one, but without the players graphics?

8. tesb

tesb Emperor

i am lost can you rephrase that question? or ask in german i speak that language.

9. graywarden

graywarden King

Tesb,

I can confirm this, these two icons have always been the same, always meant to mention it, but never got around to it. It would be a nice touch if you found a new one to separate the two.

10. graywarden

graywarden King

Do you mean to see a "single" mana type only on the map and not the others mana types?

I dont think there is such a feature.

11. tesb

tesb Emperor

done, thanks to magic the gathering:

Spoiler :

@sephi choose what you want

12. jwin

jwin Warlord

I have noticed on multiple occasions when playing Balsereph (more specifically, the illusionist, I don't know if it happens with the others) that mage level units will disappear. It seems to happen the most often when autocasting summon puppet. I had it happen with mages and with Gaelen, but never the hero that promoted into a mage. Even after adding them back in through world builder, they would disappear within a few turns.

13. Mr.Calimero

Mr.Calimero Chieftain

So much confusion for such little thing.

I see all mana types and the 'mana table' is all right.
    I just only want to see the 'mana table' ALONE.
    But it is linked to the player overview on the bottom right.
    If you close this on you also close the 'mana table'.

14. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

I recently finished a game playing the Jotnar and in 8.34 the Jotnar have a number of issues. Here are the ones I remember (there may have been one or two more):

Jotnar Citizens (UNIT_JOT_ADULT in JOTNAR_CIV4UnitInfos.xml) two of the text keys specified in the unitinfo are missing:
    TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_ADULT_STRATEGY
    TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_ADULT_HELP (this is more noticeable - the "TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_ADULT_HELP" appears in the hover text of every such unit)

The Jotnar civilization pedia text, in CIV4GameText_Jotnar.xml the TXT_KEY_CIV_JOTNAR_PEDIA tag, says "They can also never grow bigger then size ten" in reference to their cities. This is wrong - in game their population can't grow bigger than size 8. This is controlled in CvFFHPLUS.py, in the functions onJotnarCityDoTurn and onJotnarCityAcquired (should you want to change the value to match the text rather than vice-versa).

It isn't possible to make a Triton. Based on the JOTNAR_CIV4UnitInfos.xml and the UNIT_JOT_ADULT and UNIT_GIANT_TORTOISE_JOT type units (which should be able to upgrade to Tritons) it looks like the Jotnar Triton unit used to be UNITCLASS_GALLEON, bit it is now UNITCLASS_TRITON. Since UNIT_JOT_ADULT and UNIT_GIANT_TORTOISE_JOT specify UnitClassUpgrade to UNITCLASS_GALLEON and the JOTNAR_CIV4UnitInfos.xml file says that for UNITCLASS_GALLEON the Jotnar use UNIT_JOT_TRITON of that unit class, but there is no such unit for that unit class (since the UNIT_JOT_TRITON is really UNITCLASS_TRITON), there is no such upgrade possible and you can only get a Triton by upgrading a unit.

Something I discovered while preparing this post: In the Jotnar folder in Modules\NormalModules\FFHPLUS\Civs there is a set of SCIONS_* files (all dated 4/16/2010, some of the real files in their own folder are newer than that) in addition to the JOTNAR_* files. I have no idea what effect, if any, this has on the game. I'm guessing that it could mess up the Scions, but it may have no effect since the data is probably overwritten if the files are loaded in alphabetical order through the folder tree since the real Scions files in the Scions of Patria folder would overwrite the data from the ones in the Jotnar folder. Still, I expect the extraneous Scions files should be removed from the Jotnar folder.

15. graywarden

graywarden King

God-E,

thanks for the text bug report. I thought I had all those fixed fixed for the adult/worker/settler units. I will get right on these. Thanks.

16. graywarden

graywarden King

See comments above

17. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

Uh, there are no Jotnar Worker units really - at least not actually in the game.

One of the things I forgot in the other post is that the Jotnar Worker doesn't exist (the unit has UNITCLASS_WORKER but in the civilization info for the Jotnar the unit type assigned to that unit class is NONE), but it is shown in the Civliopedia as a unit and it is also mentioned in the TXT_KEY_CIV_JOTNAR_PEDIA text as one of the units that you can build (which also mentions "Jotnar Children", which do not exist in the game - and it mentions "Jotnar Adults" which are actually called "Jotnar Citizen" in the game). The Jotnar Worker is not really needed since the Jotnar Citizen performs all the functions of a worker (until you upgrade it to something else). When a new Jotnar is born, what you get is the Jotnar Citizen (UNIT_JOT_ADULT).

By the way, I just noticed that for both the Jotnar Settler and the regular Settler (and the Scions' version too) there is a line in the civilopedia text where it says "Can Found a New City" where the words "New City" are shown as a link. But it doesn't link to anything for any of them. Anyhow, another of the things I had forgotten in the earlier post is that the Jotnar Settler (which you can build, and which does what you'd expect) has 3 text keys that are missing: TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_SETTLER_PEDIA, TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_SETTLER_STRATEGY, and TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_SETTLER_HELP.

18. graywarden

graywarden King

There is a Jotnar worker, I remember going over this with Sephi, it shows up somewhere along the way, I cant remember where exactly.
    The Jotnar Citizen/Adult are interchangeble terms I believe

Text Tags for Settler/Worker/Adult were accidentely removed (long story - short version is I got too crazy with fixes one weekend, and broke more then i fixed). They are now restored and added a strategy tag for the Triton

@ Sephi, I added the strategy line in jotnar-civ4unitinfos.xml, you may need to add to schema.

I am starting a test as the Jotnar tonight to check on all these things mentioned and look for others.

19. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

Patch 8.34:

* I started a game with the Jotnar on ErebusContinent and flavour start and I got this Python exception.

* Another one, the description of 'Thrall Cultist' says that it does 0% collateral damage. Seems not right to me.

* There is something wrong with the text of this event, please look at the third screenshot.

20. Y T

Y T Kourier

Patch 8.34 Situation:

Goblinhero Zarcaz & another Goblin in a Goblinfort. Rosier kills Zarcaz who drops his bow which is taken by the Goblin the next turn & he transforms into a Goblinarcher (neat idea).
    The following turn results in a WoC, only breakable by deleting the archerunit in the Worldbuilder causing the bow to drop again.

The save is of the turn preceding the WoC & the Fort is south of Ithralia.

Attached Files: