9th Civ: It's Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried looking for Dom Pedro and Simon Bolivar in hope that we're wrong and it isn't European... no luck :(

No, they both prefered white stockings... :)

I really hoped for Kongo or at least Zulu, but I cant help feel a bit exited as a Swede to have sweden in the game, but it also feels a bit weird as Sweden today dosent really feel like as seperate Civilization, more as a part of Scandinavia/Norhern Europe, and the "stormaktstiden" was a really brief episode of Swedish History.

Also I'm I ther only onte that think that Gustav Adolf would be abit wierd to have besides Harald Blåtand?

So I guess that we have to hope for a Zulu dlc, and a that the next Expansion will have Colonialsm, International trade and Ecology as the theme, and include a Portugal vs Kongo scenario, and the Swahili and Tuareg civs as the two new merchant civs :)

Very excited about scenario possibilities for this one. And while I agree that this makes quite a few European civs, both Sweden and Portugal have a lot more points in favour of their inclusion than the vast majority of the other civilizations that have been proposed. Then again, I love seeing all of these previously unrepresented Eurpean civs - the more the merrier for me - so I realise that my interests aren't the same as lots of people's. Now if only there were some way to fit them all into a world map...

Wait! Do you guys remember the main screen on the Demo from Pax? It had a renaissance prince's face on it. We could connect the pieces of the puzzle with it!

Francis I of France? Probably not.

That being said, I'll also be on the lookout for a DLC to fill up the southern part of Africa in said world map. I'd say the same thing for South America, but haven't been as convince by the potential candidates.

If the remaining civ is Sweden then I'll be very surprised and confused. It's not like I have something against Sweden but having 6 out of 9 civs be European is a bit of an overkill( and this is coming from a extremely Eurocentric person). But alas we still do not know anything for sure and it could still any other civ maybe from Africa, Asia or Americas.

Why 2K, why? As if Europe wasn't overrepresented enough, you've gone and put six of the nine expansion civs in Europe.

It makes some sense, though. The Dutch, Austrians, and Swedes are part of the Renaissance scenario. The Huns and Byzantines are for the Fall of Rome scenario. The Celts have been long requested and is very different from the usual criticism of Eurocentrism, which refers to a glut of Enlightenment civilizations.

Just like Civ3: Conquests focused on scenario civs, which is why we got the Hittites and Sumerians for the first time, this seems to have a similar focus.

It makes some sense, though. The Dutch, Austrians, and Swedes are part of the Renaissance scenario. The Huns and Byzantines are for the Fall of Rome scenario. The Celts have been long requested and is very different from the usual criticism of Eurocentrism, which refers to a glut of Enlightenment civilizations.

Just like Civ3: Conquests focused on scenario civs, which is why we got the Hittites and Sumerians for the first time, this seems to have a similar focus.

I'd say that the Celts may well figure into the Fall of Rome scenario as well, depending on how they decide to play it.

I'm still mulling over Scots just being thrown in as part of Celts.

Allright, let's end this. East Coast is about to go home. Give us a few tidbits on the uniqueness of our Swedish Civ and why this was kept under wraps like a secret weapons program.

I'm going to choose to take this news optimistically. If Civs like Sweden and the Huns can get in, just think of the possibilities in Africa/Asia/Americas. Suddenly Kongo doesn't seem as far fetched, nor does American tribes like the Navajo or Mississippians. Or Im in stage 3, call it what you will.

I'd say that the Celts may well figure into the Fall of Rome scenario as well, depending on how they decide to play it.

It almost certainly will be based on the Pictish Warrior. I'm just saying they would be added even without a scenario because they were popularly requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom