A Brave New World Part 2

Don't worry, communists can have problems too. And I'm sure there's still room for SMALL wars here and there.

What's this small war concept I hear!?! Its any senseble nation's duty to turn a small war against the communists into a big war by declaring war!:D

OOC: Sorry guys, I've been trying to keep up with this NES but it just isn't happening right now. I'm in the middle of moving across the country, and I am hoping that I will be back once this process is over, but for now I can't give this the attention it needs.

Thanks for a great time EQ!

To: All Concerned About the Miami Rebellion

We endorse the the Miami proposal and hope that all other parties will as well. If the Miami situation is resolved we will allow all nations who declared war on us to un-declare war and pretend that it never happened.

To: The World

The Union of Mexico supports the treaty offered by the people of Miami.

While we have no desire for war the Union of Mexico will defend the Lakotan Commune from all external threats however we believe that the Miami proposal will ensure peace and stability can be maintained throughout North America.

To Miami Rebels
From Virginia

2. Miami will send representatives to the People's House, and will follow the foreign policy dictated by the legislative branch of the Empire.

Foreign policy is also party dictated by the executive branch. We assume the Miami provincial government will adhere to this policy as well?

If so, the federal government can accept such a treaty.

To The Commune of the Lakota
From The Empire of Virginia

The treaty struck with the Miami does not bring an end to our war. The Lakota actively supported a rebel faction within Virginia. To allow this act of war to go unpunished and unpaid will send a message to all Virginia's would-be enemies. You will either 1.) pay reparations of 20EP for the costs and future costs to veterans of the Miami war and the damage done to Virginian private property, and 3EP to each Canada and Tennessee for their losses or 2.) accept that a continued state of war will exist between our two states.

To The Miami Coalition (Tennessee, Georgia, Deseret, Canada Pennsylvania, and New England)

As war comes to a close in the Miami province, we implore our allies to remain vigilant in their support for Virginia and join us in enacting punishment upon the Commune of the Lakota. Their government openly supported an illegal rebellion within the borders of Virginia, a move regarded by Virginia and obviously by your governments as an act of war. And while the Miami rebellion has been quelled, the act of war by the Lakota remains. It is the same thing as one nation invading the other, then being repelled, but suing for peace without reparations or punishment. It is unacceptable, and we hope our allies acknowledge this as well.

To Algonquin

Virginia is not against the idea of the eastern portion of the Lakota to be incorporated within the fair and peaceful Algonquin Nation. This, of course, is subject to approval by our allies (should they remain in the war) and Algonquin support. The rest of current Lakotaland would be organized into a free, unattached republic.

To the Union of Mexico
From the Empire of Virginia

If we understand it correctly, the Empire of Mexico is only obligated to help her Lakota allies should they be unjustly attacked by an opposing power. Seeing how it was the Lakota who attacked Virginia, we hope that Mexico will remain at peace.

To Nez Perce, Iroquois

Virginia and her allies have no imperialist ambitions, I assure you. We have no interest in annexation or even Lakota vassalage. We are committed to a central North American republic governed by Indians and Indians alone.

The Lakota, on the other hand, have brought upon this backlash themselves. It was their Imperialist ambitions with the supply and support of the Miami insurgency that has prompted our retaliation. Before you make claims of white imperialism, it might be a good idea to check your own ally's actions.

To Native American Nations
From Deseret

We would like to point out that we, Deseret, will prevent the Lakota from being annexed or in any way being manipulated by the white men and their ideals. We have stated this at least twice in the past diplomatic flurry. Once the Communist threat is booted out of the Lakota nation, Deseret will stand by the Lakota in forming their new republic and fight off any nation who has imperialistic ideals. You have our word.

to: Virginia, New England, Canada, and all others involved
Now that the Miami Rebellion is over, you have no need for access through our territory. Our borders are now closed for your military movements in the concern of peace.

To the Union of Mexico

If we understand it correctly, the Empire of Mexico is only obligated to help her Lakota allies should they be unjustly attacked by an opposing power. Seeing how it was the Lakota who attacked Virginia, we hope that Mexico will remain at peace.

OOC:
I don't see how anyone attacked anyone else. No actual fighting started: only a whole bunch of threats and saber rattling. No one actually died from Lakota involvement. I'd say the Lakota learned their lesson, and it is unreasonable for Virginia to demand reparations for no actual loss of property.

And haven't you learned from the last time there were heavy reparations?

OOC: Like Lakota would ever put out a Hitler. We fear nothing.

OOC:
I don't see how anyone attacked anyone else. No actual fighting started: only a whole bunch of threats and saber rattling. No one actually died. I'd say the Lakota learned their lesson, and it is unreasonable for Virginia to demand reparations for no actual loss of property.

OOC: Yup no one died

MIAMI REBELLION ESCALATES. Miami, Miami People’s Republic. The Miami Rebellion continues in full swing as the rebels manage to hold back the Virginian onslaught in the field. Given nearly half a year to prepare defensive works against attack, the Miamians managed to hold back at a third defensive position against a combined Canadian and Virginian assault in the east. A Virginian attempt to cross the Ohio River met with failure as most resources had to be redirected east to crush the revolt in Danville. Further west, a Tennessean attempt to advance up the Mississippi River against the Miami met with even worse failure, leaving several thousand dead with no gain.
Casualty List
Miami: 21 Infantry Brigades, 5 Artillery Brigades
Canada: 6 Infantry Brigades
Tennessee: 3 Infantry Brigades
Virginia: 15 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 2 Tank Brigades

And there was no fighting at all

MIAMI REBELLION. Miami, Miami People’s Republic. The Miami native forces continued their struggle against the Virginians this year, using constructed fortifications and deep concrete establishments. A well structured series of fortified lines bled Canadian and Virginian forces badly as they advanced west. Casualties continued to grow as the year continued, as the Miami army inflicted heavy devastation against the Virginian tank corps, using similar tactics as seen elsewhere in the world. The Miami have so far managed to keep their independence, as they inflict almost equal casualties against their perceived oppressors.
Casualty List
Miami: 16 Infantry Brigades
Virginia: 9 Infantry Brigades, 2 Tank Brigades
Canada: 6 Infantry Brigades

And it's totally believable that a nation with 2 EP managed to raise over 100 Infantry Brigades all on its own without any outside support, especially not from the nearby fellow Communist nation :rolleyes:

OOC: Like Lakota would ever put out a Hitler. We fear nothing.

Oh, don't be so sure. When the economy sucks (which reparations would cause), people will listen to just about anyone with a megaphone and who claims they will fix people's problems. I'm sure Lakota has their fringe elements...

OOC: Yup no one died

And there was no fighting at all

And it's totally believable that a nation with 2 EP managed to raise over 100 Infantry Brigades all on its own without any outside support, especially not from the nearby fellow Communist nation :rolleyes:

I mean, no one died from the Lakota recognizing the Miami (and those infantry cannot be proven to come from the Lakota; this is a rebellion, after all, and I'd better edit that post again). Yes, people died in the rebellion, but the Lakota didn't escalate things. Besides, those brigades came before Lakota declared their support (right?).

ooc: who pays reparations now and days anyways.(unless your germany or japan and pay your reparations in cars) one reason i wanna go to Israel is because German cars(bmw, Merc) are dirt cheap.

I mean, no one died from the Lakota recognizing the Miami (and those infantry cannot be proven to come from the Lakota; this is a rebellion, after all, and I'd better edit that post again). Yes, people died in the rebellion, but the Lakota didn't escalate things. Besides, those brigades came before Lakota declared their support (right?).

I don't think you understand. Virginia and the others who declared war on Lakota believe it was the Lakota who backed and supplied the Miami Rebellion therefore through proxy Lakota is responsible for the deaths of Canadian, Tennessee and Virginian Troops.

Oh, don't be so sure. When the economy sucks (which reparations would cause), people will listen to just about anyone with a megaphone and who claims they will fix people's problems. I'm sure Lakota has their fringe elements...

Don't I know a thing or two about megaphones. :p

But there is a big, big difference between a backwater great plains nation and a core former great power with a massive industrial base and military tradition.

I don't think you understand. Virginia and the others who declared war on Lakota believe it was the Lakota who backed and supplied the Miami Rebellion therefore through proxy Lakota is responsible for the deaths of Canadian, Tennessee and Virginian Troops.

I guess that makes more sense. No proof... they just believe it's so.

Now the question comes... will Lakota buckle?

I guess that makes more sense. No proof... they just believe it's so.

Now the question comes... will Lakota buckle?

Virginia has proof, and will offer it to anyone who wishes to see it. Lakota did supply weapons to the Miami, which led to the deaths of thousands of Virginians, Canadians, and Tennesseans. This must be avenged. It was an act of war, and just because their ally saw the light and made peace does not mean we will ignore all former transgressions.

Top Bottom