A Brave New World Part 2

To: Virginia

This is not the first demonstration, the first was several years ago, which was bloodily suppressed by your lapdogs in our country. We have no communists in Arabistan, and nor do we want them. We will not however allow you to continue raping our land of resources, though we are willing to compensate businessmen for nationalized assets. You will not get special treatment from the people you have abused.

To Georgia
From Empire of Virginia

Your act against New Orleans is a blatant violation of Louisianan sovereignty. Virginia will monitor all further aggressive acts by Georgia against the people of Louisiana.

TO: Virginia

We were simply taking a tour of the city.

To Arabistan/Virginia
From Ottoman Empire:

We propose a plan to independence which should minimize violence.
Step 1) Virginia will retain de jure control of Arabistan until January 1, 1925. During these 2 years Virginia will work with local authorities in strengthening stability and gradually shift command over to local authorities.
Step 2) At the end of 2 years Arabistan will become wholly independent with the removal of the last vestiges of Virginian control.
Step 3) At this time Virginian companies will sell its holdings to the government of Arabistan which in turn must resell the holdings to new private contractors within 1 years time.
Step 4) After independence Arabistan's independence will be guaranteed by Virginia, the Ottoman Empire, and (inshallah) Persia.

The Republic of Germany votes for Cardiff to be the location for the 1932 Olympics.

To: Die Deutsche Völker

Behold, the people have triumphed! The Imperialists had done a great thing in arresting the senile Kaiser and finally ending the bloodshed of the German people. Now we are united once more, north and south, together into one mighty German democratic state. Now we can begin the rebuilding of our cities, economy, and our lives.

We now reveal the new banner, in which will represent our nation in all forms.

Spoiler :

England recognises and welcomes the Republic of Germany to the world stage.

To: Korea

Why have you made an act of aggression against our sub pens that were docked in port? If they were attacking your blockade, that is one thing. But they were just sitting there doing nothing.

To: The UCC

We requested Korean aid in suppressing an illegal insurgency. International Laws and treaties do not apply to terrorists and rebels like you.

From The Republic of Italy
To The Republic of Germany

We welcome you to the world stage.

To: Korea, the ROC

So you can change the past and commit as many atrocities whenever you want, as long as it is for a "just cause"?

From Italy
To UCC

What atrocity the Koreans destroyed your navy, they didn't rape your wife.

To: Germany

We, too, welcome you into the world of nations, as the Republic's first ally we will remind you... but we are hurt. Why Cardiff over Paris? Why a city in a nation torn by war on and off for seventy years and not the city which is the basic representative of capitalism the world over, which has been polished by an industrious populace and stands proudly as a symbol of hope in a world marked by acts of despair? Frankly, we are hurt, especially considering the gracious aid we gave the Republic, and how without any hesitation we recognized the Republic on its rightful inception.

To: Germany

We, too, welcome you into the world of nations, as the Republic's first ally we will remind you... but we are hurt. Why Cardiff over Paris? Why a city in a nation torn by war on and off for seventy years and not the city which is the basic representative of capitalism the world over, which has been polished by an industrious populace and stands proudly as a symbol of hope in a world marked by acts of despair? Frankly, we are hurt, especially considering the gracious aid we gave the Republic, and how without any hesitation we recognized the Republic on its rightful inception.

The location of the Olympic Games, we believe, is not such a major issue of politics. The Olympic Games were designed specifically to be an avenue for nations to focus on sport instead of war, foreign relations, and other pressures nations and governments face. Our choice of Cardiff was from the city's pleasant surroundings in Wales, its facilities, and its pleasant citizenry. We wish the French luck in their attempts to host the Olympics.

England would remind France that Wales has not actually been touched by war directly throughout that period... Paris on the other hand has been run over by englishmen, commies and well anyone who can basically get their hands on a gun. Cardiff needs no rebuilding.

Spoiler Sleep-deprived rant :

To: Die Deutsche Völker

Behold, the people have triumphed! The Imperialists had done a great thing in arresting the senile Kaiser and finally ending the bloodshed of the German people. Now we are united once more, north and south, together into one mighty German democratic state. Now we can begin the rebuilding of our cities, economy, and our lives.

We now reveal the new banner, in which will represent our nation in all forms.

Spoiler :

Russia gladly welcomes the Republic of Germany to the world! May peace forever last in Central Europe!

OOC:
I very, very, very, very much protest the flag. Very much. There was no Frankfurt get-together-of-crazed-liberals in ABNW!
Colors you should have are some of the following: blue (Bavarian; definitely this), possibly white (Bavarian and Austrian, although also Prussian which might make it get rejected), none of that ugly orange, red (Austrian and Hanseatic, although the Hanseatic thing may not be as important now as it would've been back in the 1870s), most likely not black (Prussian), and... dunno, too lazy to do any research beyond what I know.
And you don't even need to have a tricolor! (because of the aforementioned lack of Frankfurt) Be creative! One plausible suggestion would be to make it a blue-red Northern-Germanic cross: it's an original Germanic design (highlighting the fact that Germany is a willing union of Germans, and that Austria wasn't simply "conquered" a while back), its got acceptable colors, and it would look cool! (much better than that ugly Frankfurt-based flag).
Now to make some random paragraphs/indentations...

Edit:
France, I will have to switch my choice to Oslo if you don't promise the things I asked for earlier :p.

OOC:
I just picked up the Netherlands and while I have read all the updates and a good deal of the diplomacy, I do not know the Dutch foreign relations in and out. I would greatly appreciate if you could inform me, preferably by PM, of any existing agreements (or disagreements) between your country and the Netherlands so that I can determine the Dutch foreign policy faster and more accurately. Cheers!

OOC:
I just picked up the Netherlands and while I have read all the updates and a good deal of the diplomacy, I do not know the Dutch foreign relations in and out. I would greatly appreciate if you could inform me, preferably by PM, of any existing agreements (or disagreements) between your country and the Netherlands so that I can determine the Dutch foreign policy faster and more accurately. Cheers!

I can tell you up and till the revolution in the netherlands, the Dutch and Virginians were the closest of allies (since the early 19th century, actually).

Since then, the Dutch had their revolution, the Germans nearly invaded, and its been near isolation since, i believe. And the dutch (before the rev.) were fiercly anti-French because they opposed Dutch occupation of Belgium (which subsequently broke free and then was invaded and annexed by France). But the new leadership might be more pro-Paris, not too sure.

Top Bottom