A Brave New World Part 2

To: Les Pays et Gens Francophones d'Amérique du Nord (The Francophone Countries and People of North America)
From: La Grande Syndiqué de la Métis (The Métis Syndicate)

Greetings, mes amis- Nouvelle Français, Lousianes, Québecois, Acadiens, Métis, and all others. I am inviting all Francophones, and representatives of French-speaking countries and organizations in North America, to a gala and exposition in the city of Winnipeg, which will take place from the 1st to 14th of August, 1927. At this fête, we will display and showcase our unique and rich cultures, cherishing our common heritage. For two weeks, we will celebrate, through music, dance, exhibitions and entertainment.

Cheerful Regards,

Serge Sauvage

OOC: EQ, what countries in North America would have some amount of Francophone Population? I am imagining that it is dominant in New France, the Métis Syndicate, Louisiana, and parts of Canada, while a significant minority in the former French Protectorates of New Jersey and Cuba, in Acadia (OTL Canadian Maritimes), and a tiny minority in the UCNA (due to ruling parts of former Louisiana), Deseret (due to being founded in former territories of Louisiana) and Georgia (due to its long and close relations with France). Is this roughly right?

OOC: EQ, what countries in North America would have some amount of Francophone Population? I am imagining that it is dominant in New France, the Métis Syndicate, Louisiana, and parts of Canada, while a significant minority in the former French Protectorates of New Jersey and Cuba, in Acadia (OTL Canadian Maritimes), and a tiny minority in the UCNA (due to ruling parts of former Louisiana), Deseret (due to being founded in former territories of Louisiana) and Georgia (due to its long and close relations with France). Is this roughly right?

OOC: Georgia detached itself from North America a while ago they shouldn't be invited.

OOC: I didn't invite Georgia, I invited any Georgians who might be Francophones. It's a longshot anyway, I doubt that a significant number of Georgians speak anything other than Englihs anyway, I'm just asking EQ for his take.

OOC: Georgia detached itself from North America a while ago they shouldn't be invited.

OOC: Texas wouldn't exist if not for France they should stfu.

Hell, NONE of y'all would exist if not for my grace, and Britain would probably still be calling the shots. So there. =P

OOC: Texas wouldn't exist if not for France they should stfu.

Hell, NONE of y'all would exist if not for my grace, and Britain would probably still be calling the shots. So there. =P

OOC: I never said anything about France they shouldn't take offense so easily.
And Iggy I was more referring to you only wanting North Americans there.

Hmm, actually, what's Texas' history? I'm aware that it is land that used to be part of Imperial Mexico, but I don't know many details of its non-contemporary history.

Hmm, actually, what's Texas' history? I'm aware that it is land that used to be part of Imperial Mexico, but I don't know many details of its non-contemporary history.

OOC:
Short story:
Militia rose up against the crown and took up arms near Houston. A combo of New England, Virginian and French forces were able to negotiate a pleblicite for the people to decide for freedom or re-joining mexico giving us the land Texas is now. They ended up founding the Gulf Alliance with Cuba and then the others came along, they fought a war with Georgia. Peace was mutually agreed to and now they have merged with UNSA.

Short History and Crezth is right if it wasnt for them we might have had a bloody independence if an independence at all.

So ethnically, you're mostly of English descent, with new groups arriving due to your open door immigration policy?

The predominant French populations of North America:

Quebec
Metis
New France
Iroquois, Nez Perce, and Sioux all speak French as it served as the linking language for national unification, though native tongues are more prevalent overall
Louisiana
New Jersey (The Quebec of Pennsylvania)

Places that would NOT speak French despite appearance

Florida and Cuba (Spanish over French, one of the reasons they fought for freedom)
Deseret (spoke English from the start, one of the reasons for independence)
Algonquin (has had more influence from the Ohio region and Canada than from France over the years)

to: La Grande Syndiqué de la Métis

Of course we will participate in this.

So ethnically, you're mostly of English descent, with new groups arriving due to your open door immigration policy?

That sounds about right.

To: Les Pays et Gens Francophones d'Amérique du Nord (The Francophone Countries and People of North America)
From: La Grande Syndiqué de la Métis (The Métis Syndicate)

Greetings, mes amis- Nouvelle Français, Lousianes, Québecois, Acadiens, Métis, and all others. I am inviting all Francophones, and representatives of French-speaking countries and organizations in North America, to a gala and exposition in the city of Winnipeg, which will take place from the 1st to 14th of August, 1927. At this fête, we will display and showcase our unique and rich cultures, cherishing our common heritage. For two weeks, we will celebrate, through music, dance, exhibitions and entertainment.

Cheerful Regards,

Serge Sauvage

The predominant French populations of North America:

Quebec
Metis
New France
Iroquois, Nez Perce, and Sioux all speak French as it served as the linking language for national unification, though native tongues are more prevalent overall
Louisiana
New Jersey (The Quebec of Pennsylvania)

Places that would NOT speak French despite appearance

Florida and Cuba (Spanish over French, one of the reasons they fought for freedom)
Deseret (spoke English from the start, one of the reasons for independence)
Algonquin (has had more influence from the Ohio region and Canada than from France over the years)

Nothing of Haiti? Maybe creole is a different language, but it is still mostly derived from French, and French is the language of upper and middle class, and the government.

A good point, forgot about Haiti, but you also have to take into account the increasing plethora of languages, especially considering the occupation of Jamaica. Though for the most part, I guess it's predominantly French speakings.

OOC:
Short story:
Militia rose up against the crown and took up arms near Houston. A combo of New England, Virginian and French forces were able to negotiate a pleblicite for the people to decide for freedom or re-joining mexico giving us the land Texas is now. They ended up founding the Gulf Alliance with Cuba and then the others came along, they fought a war with Georgia. Peace was mutually agreed to and now they have merged with UNSA.

Short History and Crezth is right if it wasnt for them we might have had a bloody independence if an independence at all.

OOC:
actually, New England, Verginian and french forces had nothing to do with your independence. you revolted, and mexico (which I was playing at that pont in time) decided you wernt worth the effort to try and keep. the above trio were mere background players in that moment. though the "Texian offical history" would say anything you wsh concerning their roles.

I thought Guiana and those islands would help counter that. But Guiana does have a lot of Amerindian languages.

By the way EQ does the eastern part of Hispaniola have a predominantly Spanish-speaking population?

Haiti, and even French Guiana are also welcome to send representatives, if they can handle the lengthy travel. Fortunately, we are now accessible by railway and via the Mississippi, so such travel is not the arduous task it would have been only a decade ago.

More language questions: What became of the Acadians? They were French settlers in the Maritimes (OTL Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick). Some of them were expelled by the English after the capture of the area around 1750, and fled to Louisiana, where the word Acadien was gradually corrupted to 'Cadien' then 'Cajun'. However, others remained, and still exist OTL. What happened in this version of history?

My guess would be that they've since migrated to the Quebec area or overall have become a meaningless minority in the regions they settled.

To: Metis Syndicate

We couldn't help overhearing the plans that the Metis seem to have for an extraordinary Francophonie cultural festival in Winnipeg. As you well know, France is the motherland of Frenchmen everywhere, and we believe that it is an imperative that the Frankish culture remains strong the world over.

So while we will respect the understandable continental restrictions of the festival we believe that the young state of the Metis could do with financial aid from the National Republic of France to help hold this gala celebration. Now, while content and general planning would lie within the Winnipeg commissioners - through and through - we would be honored to lend funds, support, and even establish travel liners for the far-off Francophone nations if it meant the perpetuation and celebration of French culture for the awe and appreciation of the world.

Best regards,
Claude Jean Pierpont, head of the department of cultural affairs and the department of public enlightenment of the National Republic of France

We denounce the movie “Road to Lanzhou” as a complete fabrication. No South American Communist had set foot in China as of the making of the film. It was not that we didn’t try it’s that none of the troop ships made. The first time we tried 90,000 soldiers drowned off the coast the Philippines. The last time we tried was last year and only less then 100 men made it to China. However, that would have been after the movie was made. So there could not have been South American POWs at the time movie was filmed.

We don’t deny sending supplies but we have never had any luck sending our soldiers to China. Somebody either Beria Productions or the Republic of China went to great lengths to fabricate this movie.

EDIT: OOC

Iggy it looks like some no life losers hacked your image

Top Bottom