A Brave New World Part 2

@DarthNader: People ate and drank. Sometimes they'd talk too.

How come the Death Star still isn't finished?

My men are working as fast as they can! Tell the emperor, I need more men.

-1 stability again? now you're just being mean EQ

January 10th, 1903

The canon roared over the yells of the Sauk commanders, flinging iron hundreds of yards into the misty valley until a loud crash could be heard, together with cries of agony in a native tongue. The Sauk columns were advancing; a mass of grey uniforms that covered the otherwise beautiful knoll that slightly sloped downhill to a small stream. The small stream served as the final line of Fox troops, the last stand of the downtrodden and seemingly defeated Fox militia.

I was able to get short glimpses of the Sauk soldiers passing by me, their rifles held out in front and their shoulders perpendicular to their marching feet. Their faces were alarmingly calm, not a hint of fear or regret as they fired volley after volley at the entrenched Fox men. Their uniforms were of the French style, very adaptable to a myriad of situations, their boots made of the finest bison leather, and their rifles products of Paris.

Its hard to imagine that just a generation ago these men were likely to be in traditional garb, hunting buffalo on the prairies, unknown to the most of the world and unlikely to have any kind of political ambition. Its also hard to imagine that these two tribes would have such hatred for one another, that they would openly fire to kill each other when just a generation ago they were united under a single confederacy. French involvement and politicization of the native tribes have turned native against native, nationalizing the west and posing a problem for any civilized nation with an open border here. Many support the actions taken by King Robert II in subduing the Miami menace on Virginia’s border, since then there have been no reports of the atrocities expected when a native tribe shares a border with a civilized country.

March 14th, 1903

The Battle of Mellow Creek was lost just a week ago, but I haven’t had time to write since I have been involved in the hectic evacuation of millions of Fox natives across the border into Canada. The people, who share an almost divine connection with their land and ancestors, fled for their lives as Fox lines broke up and down the front, Sauk soldiers pouring through the openings. Many were grateful for the help of myself and the Canadian soldiers sent into Fox territory, I myself receiving gifts that I knew the Fox could hardly spare.

Word has it that the Fox government has already set up offices in Toronto. It will be interesting to see if a native government can sustain itself in a white environment.

April 1st, 1903

I left the Sauk-Fox war almost as abruptly as I had arrived there. The situation in the Fox territories were getting to be very violent, those Fox that did not leave experienced brutal occupation under the Sauk. I was quickly expelled from the territory, when discovered by Sauk soldiers to be a Virginian professor. Luck had it, though, that at the same time I arrived home in Columbus I received an invitation from the Royal Virginian American Company to witness the opening of the Nicaraguan Canal.

I arrived by ship at the port town of Leesburg, a town self-named by Robert I when Virginian armies had conquered the country, also serving as the capital of the province. The town is relatively small, but most predominately populated by white Virginians working for the Company on building, maintaining, and administering the Canal. The port, recently expanded to handle the large influx of foreign ships expected in the future, is a human marvel in itself. Large piers and manual cranes shoot out into the warm Caribbean harbors, as well as a miniature rail system that connects the loading docks with the warehouses further inland. The artisans chose an American themed architecture that accentuates largeness and columns, with statues of King Robert I adorning many of the open parks that dot the port and central city districts.

My invitation included a week’s stay at the Shenandoah Hotel, a relatively ritzy establishment built in the 1870s for Company personnel as well as planters on vacation. The suite devoted to my stay was outfitted with indoor plumbing (something I am sure a Nicaraguan has never seen) and a rather large mattress, as well as a window that opens up to a startling view of the canal, the ceremony grounds, and the large administrative buildings. Just north of the grounds one can see the beginnings of large defensive military structures as well as a separate port for the Navy.

April 3rd, 1903

The ceremony went off without a hitch. Prominent among the attendees were the Dutch ambassadors to Richmond, a New England crowd, as well as King Robert’s own son and heir to the throne, Thomas Lee. The ceremony began with a military parade, as well as a showing of the Virginian navy off in the distance. This was followed by a rousing speech given by Prince Thomas, and finally ended with the playing of the Virginian anthem by the Royal Charleston Orchestra.

The day suited the occasion beautifully. The sun was without competition in the sky, and the weather remained a comfortable temperature, the humidity kept at bay by a brisk sea breeze from the Caribbean. The Company could not have asked for a better occasion to have this ceremony.

And yet just as soon as it had begun, the ceremony ended and the Nicaraguan Canal opened for business. The first boat through was the battlecruiser Robert E. Lee followed by merchant ships from Virginia and the Netherlands. And just like that, the most ambitious, expensive, and technologically challenging project in the America’s was complete.

While the Sauk are more than willing to address any concerns regarding the outcome of the Fox war of aggression we can hardly do so unless these concerns are presented to us.

[OOC] Anyone wanting any kind of treaty must offer it in 24 hours of less, after that i'm sending my orders in.[/OOC]

To: Canada

I will not waste my words with scum like you. All I have to say to you is prepare for war.

To France and Allies

There is no talking me out of this. I ask that you help, but that is your choice.

To: Canada

I will not waste my words with scum like you. All I have to say to you is prepare for war.

To France and Allies

There is no talking me out of this. I ask that you help, but that is your choice.

To Quebec
From New England

Withdraw your declaration of war on Canada immediately or consider yourself at war with New England as well.

To France
From New England

Quebec has clearly gone mad. What do you intend to do about it?

To Quebec
From Virginia

Your declaration of war destabilizes the entire region and could plunge the world into the next world-wide war. Reconsider your actions.

To Sauk
From Virginia

For starters, you can re-establish the Fox nation and allow the Fox to return. In compensation, the Fox will pay you [5EP]. Then we can talk about the Isanti.

To: Virginia, New England
From Quebec

I do not withdraw my declaration of war. And my mind is set. There will be war. If you want to declare war on me, than declare war on me.

From Sauk
To Quebec

While we welcome your strong show of support against the hostile actions of Canada, we feel that we should attempt to use diplomacy to defuse this situation before resolving to warfare. We still have hope that New England will issue a strong statement of disapproval of Canada's actions and force them to end their madness.

From Sauk
To Virginia, Deseret and anyone interested in the Fox-Sauk conflict

We agree on the principles of your proposal, however in the hope of stabilizing the region and preventing future conflicts there are some points we must would like addressed.

1. Re-Establishment of the Fox Nation
  2. Right of Return of Fox refugees
  3. Blanket pardon to everyone involved in the Fox war of aggression against the Sauk.
  4. The Warmongering former Fox civilian leaders are barred from politics.
  5. The Fox nation shall assume all responsibility for starting this conflict and will pay 5ep reparations to the Sauk nation.
  6. Canada shall issue a formal apology to the Sauk for supporting and harboring the warmongering Fox regime.
  7. The Isanti will be relocated into the Territories of the Fox Nation
  8. Virginia restores the independence of Miami.
  9. Fox and Miami will be demilitarized zones.
  10. The Great Lakes will be demilitarized.

Fëanor;7761923 said:
From Sauk
To Quebec

While we welcome your strong show of support against the hostile actions of Canada, we feel that we should attempt to use diplomacy to defuse this situation before resolving to warfare. We still have hope that New England will issue a strong statement of disapproval of Canada's actions and force them to end their madness.

From Sauk
To Virginia, Deseret and anyone interested in the Fox-Sauk conflict

We agree on the principles of your proposal, however in the hope of stabilizing the region and preventing future conflicts there are some points we must would like addressed.

3. Blanket pardon to everyone involved in the Fox war of aggression against the Sauk.
  5. The Fox nation shall assume all responsibility for starting this conflict and will pay 5ep reparations to the Sauk nation.
  6. Canada shall issue a formal apology to the Sauk for supporting and harboring the warmongering Fox regime.

What gives you the right to dictate terms to Canada, Virginia and ourselves? Why should Canada apologize for evacuating refugees? Why should Virginia withdraw from Miami? And why should we take our trade protection warships off the Great Lakes?

Fëanor;7761923 said:

We can agree to most of the terms Sauk has proposed besides the last few. The Isanti have been torn apart by your forces, and thus deserve a nation of their own so that they may protect themselves from further persecution.

Furthermore, the issue of the former-Miami nation has nothing to do with this peace treaty. Should you wish to discuss this situation, we can do so at a later date. Furthermore, the situation in the former Miami nation are such that we cannot demilitarize. And for the entire Fox nation to be demilitarized seems ridiculous and unfair to the Fox who would not be able to protect themselves.

And there is no chance for a demilitarized Great Lakes. The region is far to volatile to remove warships.

To: Buenos Aires Protectorate

For too long our countries have been divided by the Andes. Forcing any travel to be done by ships when a journey could be a scarce 30 miles away. I propose that we create railroad passes through the Andes mountains so that our nations could be connected overland as well as through ship routes.

Sincerily,
Adolfo Palma - Prime Minister of the Republica de Chile

What gives you the right to dictate terms to Canada, Virginia and ourselves?
We were under the impression that stabilizing the region was the goal of these talks, we are not "dictating" anything, we are merely making suggestions on what we believe would help to defuse tensions and make sure no future conflicts take place. Feel free to contribute if you wish.
Why should Canada apologize for evacuating refugees?
You might want to read what we proposed again, we clearly stated that the apology should be for their support of those that waged war and are intent on continuation violence against the Sauk, not for providing humanitarian aid to those displaced by the Action of the Warmongering Fox leadership.
Why should Virginia withdraw from Miami?
Because if they truly care on people's right of Self-Determinations they should at very least do the same with the Miami, but most importantly because restoring their independence will remove our mutual borders and thus greatly reduce tensions.
They seem so intent on the And why should we take our trade protection warships off the Great Lakes?
With no warships there will be no more incidents.
We can agree to most of the terms Sauk has proposed besides the last few. The Isanti have been torn apart by your forces, and thus deserve a nation of their own so that they may protect themselves from further persecution.
Then the Isanti can have their nation in territory that were part of the Fox Republic, after all it was the Fox Republic that armed and incited their belligerence in preparation of their sneak attack.
Furthermore, the issue of the former-Miami nation has nothing to do with this peace treaty. Should you wish to discuss this situation, we can do so at a later date.
We disagree, since you consider the right of self determination of the Isanti and Fox peoples a core issue in these talks we must insist that the same standard be applied to the Miami.
Furthermore, the situation in the former Miami nation are such that we cannot demilitarize. And for the entire Fox nation to be demilitarized seems ridiculous and unfair to the Fox who would not be able to protect themselves.
Well since both the Miami and Fox used their forces to violate the borders of their neighbors we do not feel it would be wise to allow them to build armies once again. However we are willing to compromise and agree that instead of full demilitarization a demilitarized border zone could suffice.
And there is no chance for a demilitarized Great Lakes. The region is far to volatile to remove warships.
Since warships are causing most of this tension we fail to see your point, however we are willing to drop this point.

The Fox Republic wholeheartedly rejects the Sauk proposal, and we reavow our pledge to one day return home on our own terms.

To: Illegitimate Fox government

Uncivilized savages, you have sealed your own fate. As long as Paris stands you shall never return home.

To: Virginia

We ask that Virginia remain tangent in this issue until Virginia gives Miami their independence. Until such a time as that your words are meaningless.

To: Quebec

Unacceptable. Withdraw your declaration of war immediately or we will be forced to institute regime change in our oldest colony.

To: New England

We are not interested in a war with Canada. France's terms are Sauk's, and they are fair.

Top Bottom