A Less Serious Conversation

Gori the Grey

The Poster
A thread for conversation. Of the less serious sort.

some evil is being fought . By some . ı will laugh , but it wouldn't help .

more like it is a propaganda arm for the US Democrats , readily forgetting who the audience is supposed to be .

Last U.S. President with a mustache: Harry Truman in 1948, which he later shaved off. Charles de Gaulle also had one.

Now of leaders who did not have competitive elections: Stalin, Chiang Kai-shek, Saddam Hussein, Augusto Pinochet, Francisco Franco, Robert Mugabe.

This cursory analysis suggests that in more recent times elections are biased against facial hair.

yeah , something that flies right over the head ... See , one has to start reading the Off-Topic right from the very first thread that survives . Some guy , quite possibly low level Congregation , tries to peddle his usual 9 to 5 job on the internet , tries to shoo away people who fail to "appreciate" (the object to see is being mocked on the echo chamber as "that makes a person to think") and he is told decisively it doesn't work THAT way in CFC ...

Last U.S. President with a mustache: Harry Truman in 1948, which he later shaved off. Charles de Gaulle also had one.

Now of leaders who did not have competitive elections: Stalin, Chiang Kai-shek, Saddam Hussein, Augusto Pinochet, Francisco Franco, Robert Mugabe.

This cursory analysis suggests that in more recent times elections are biased against facial hair.
Sometimes you’re too manly to count votes.

Finally. My silly folder will get some use.

1678142179521.png

Sometimes you’re too manly to count votes.
I feel like the last one who could have pulled it off was Jimmy Carter, I think followed by LBJ. George Bush maybe in third. Carter at #1 because he already kind of had that Ted Turner look.

Eisenhower, Reagan, Ford: absolutely not.

I think abroad, I’ll give a maybe to John Major. Second place to Canada’s Jean Chrétien. Now that I think about it, I forgot about Lech Walesa: he had one, famously refusing a million-dollar offer from Gillette (I think them?) to shave it off for an advertisement.

I feel like the last one who could have pulled it off was Jimmy Carter, I think followed by LBJ. George Bush maybe in third. Carter at #1 because he already kind of had that Ted Turner look.

Eisenhower, Reagan, Ford: absolutely not.

I think abroad, I’ll give a maybe to John Major. Second place to Canada’s Jean Chrétien. Now that I think about it, I forgot about Lech Walesa: he had one, famously refusing a million-dollar offer from Gillette (I think them?) to shave it off for an advertisement.
Hear me out, imagine the entire Clinton admin he had a stache

Hear me out, imagine the entire Clinton admin he had a stache
With that hairstyle? He’d look like Alex Trebek. I suppose we’d have to make Pat Sajak Vice President, Chuck Woolery as Secretary of State (Love Connection) and Peter Tomarken as head of the Federal Reserve (Press Your Luck)

Allen Ludden for Central Intelligence (Password)?

With that hairstyle? He’d look like Alex Trebek. I suppose we’d have to make Pat Sajak Vice President, Chuck Woolery as Secretary of State (Love Connection) and Peter Tomarken as head of the Federal Reserve (Press Your Luck)

Allen Ludden for Central Intelligence (Password)?
Imagine he smiled that way and said he didn’t have sexual relations with that woman.

It would be
A) a confession we’d be like oooh so he did
B) immediate forgiveness or imprisonment

How is this thread different from random thoughts?

These thoughts aren't random. They're deliberately less serious.

Banter. Tomfoolery. Levity.

The Whimsical. The Tongue-in-Cheek. The Wry.

Wit. Irreverence (as noted). Clowning.

Top Bottom