A New Dawn Beta Builds

Afforess - this may be old news but just to let you know that since I have been playing the 173 beta (first one) I have had absolutely zero CTD's. 172 definitely had something nasty in it. Just writing this to let you know that its much more stable now.

Hate to do this Afforess, but I'm getting another error on Beta2, this time it's TXT_KEY_EVENT_SILKWORM_GOING_EXTINCT on the same event, just an FYI. Please don't let these bugs get you down, it happens to the best of us.

Hate to do this Afforess, but I'm getting another error on Beta2, this time it's TXT_KEY_EVENT_SILKWORM_GOING_EXTINCT on the same event, just an FYI. Please don't let these bugs get you down, it happens to the best of us.

The random event text errors are actually RoM bugs, as AND doesn't modify or add Random Events.

With 1.73 B2, I can also confirm that Archery both discovers and obsoletes the Cover I promotion. It seems pretty stable for now.

RoM 2.91 AND 1_73beta2. I notice that the fortifications units are not in this release. Did the fix I sent for them not work? Also you dropped the "forced worker" (slave) unit from AAranda's units. Why? I know it needs a better name since it is just a lesser version of a trade caravan which can only hurry buildings.

RoM 2.91 AND 1_73beta2. I notice that the fortifications units are not in this release. Did the fix I sent for them not work? Also you dropped the "forced worker" (slave) unit from AAranda's units. Why? I know it needs a better name since it is just a lesser version of a trade caravan which can only hurry buildings.

Your fix was identical to the copy I already had. As for the Forced Worker; IMHO, it's a ridiculous idea for a unit...

Your fix was identical to the copy I already had. As for the Forced Worker; IMHO, it's a ridiculous idea for a unit...

So.... are the fortification units going back in or not? I am playing a game now with them in no problems. Also, if you are including VIP you don't need to include my "SpyUpgradesToAgent" mini mod, so it can be dropped.

I will mutate the "forced worker" into "building materials", ie get a new unit, I need something like it for testing a mod I am doing for Vincentz. (very slow going cause a test turns into a game.)

I have decided to drop the idea of one mod to handle all enslavement. the best way to do it would be with self modifying code and we all know that such code should never leave the lab.

There seems to be something wrong with the promotions in ANS 1.73beta2. I can't give my transport ships the promotions which increase cargo at the expense of strength and I can't give my medic units the promotion which heals while moving (foot and red cross) nor the three red cross promotion.

There seems to be something wrong with the promotions in ANS 1.73beta2. I can't give my transport ships the promotions which increase cargo at the expense of strength and I can't give my medic units the promotion which heals while moving (foot and red cross) nor the three red cross promotion.

It's on your end then; I can not confirm the problem. I tested with a GG and a ship in a city, and all the promotions were available and could be added just fine.

yes, I seem to have lost some of the fixes Zappara did also. Looks like its time for a new install. I probably did an install over 2.9 not 2.91:crazyeye:. At least I jave identified and fixed a few bugs in AAranda's religions.

One thing i have noticed is the lag after late Classical (alot) inbetween turns lately, and then on. Even on a standard map with only 8 civs.

Another is that the AI are waaaay smarter than they used to be.

ONE civ AI goes directly towards military units of the highest caliber first and forget about the other techs, and in doing so are like 10-15 techs ahead of the human player alot. Making it impossible to keep up with the strs that HE has, and thus he has convinced other civs to be vassals to them and wipe you out after Renaissance era.

I'd hate to play with Barb World and with Rev on, if the above happen this way just playing a normal game, you'd never have a chance.

Just again like i said a couple of things i have noticed lately. And this is on Noble.

One thing i have noticed is the lag after late Classical (alot) inbetween turns lately, and then on. Even on a standard map with only 8 civs.

Another is that the AI are waaaay smarter than they used to be.

ONE civ AI goes directly towards military units of the highest caliber first and forget about the other techs, and in doing so are like 10-15 techs ahead of the human player alot. Making it impossible to keep up with the strs that HE has, and thus he has convinced other civs to be vassals to them and wipe you out after Renaissance era.

I'd hate to play with Barb World and with Rev on, if the above happen this way just playing a normal game, you'd never have a chance.

Just again like i said a couple of things i have noticed lately. And this is on Noble.

Yeah, I'm on Revision 122, and I attacked Mongolia to my west. It was going OK until France to my NW attacked me. They headed toward my capital with an enormous stack! I had 3 Longbowmen, 3 macemen, and 3 heavy pikemen. It should had stopped typical stack with my defense being over 100. But it seemed that France effectively brought my defense down with attacks of catapults with high withdrawal success :growl:. Then they captured it! Needless to say, I am glad I still have the save game for before that event! I plan on trying out new strategy :shakehead:. So, yeah, the AI is good at Noble level :).

It's on your end then; I can not confirm the problem. I tested with a GG and a ship in a city, and all the promotions were available and could be added just fine.

I am still getting the problem. It seems to be something to do with the image. Both allows and obsoletes the promotion. Next is to try to down load AND again, but that will have to wait until my month for downloads rolls over. (25th I think)

There is something i noticed on a new dawn not to sure wether its RoM or part of the New Dawn, UNESCO for the artifacts or like heritage sites in the civilopedia it shown as a pink/red blob the image is that supposed to be like that or should there be an image there? and i cant seem to find the artfile for UNESCO Heritage site. as i said im nto to sure wether this addition was with a new dawn or RoM, zapara said its part of the modmod. i noticed it on a new dawn 1.70 and a new dawn 1.73 both RoM 2.9 and 2.91

Just had this happen when a civ tried to talk to me, for WHAT, i have no idea???

Maybe it is a new feature: gambling mode :p you have to make your decision BEFORE you see what the deal is about? :lol:

Top Bottom