A New Dawn Beta Builds

What?! When did cottages begin to consume workers? Isn't that a fairly huge change?

It's part of Vicentz's Trading Posts and it isn't cottages. He created a new improvement that is basically a level 3 cottage, already pre-grown, but consumes the worker. No need to panic.

It's part of Vicentz's Trading Posts and it isn't cottages. He created a new improvement that is basically a level 3 cottage, already pre-grown, but consumes the worker. No need to panic.

seems fair actually, such a major discount on the time (great for war-torn countries)

Beta2 is up.

It's not very different, just some new translations, and an extra modmod from Aaranda. Power now reflects promotions too, but I have no idea if I was too conservative/liberal with the power changes or not, so I appreciate feedback on that change. I also unhid Personalized maps, but keep in mind that it is not a finished product.

I'm having problems accessing Sourceforge to download the new beta.

Beta2 is up.

Power now reflects promotions too, but I have no idea if I was too conservative/liberal with the power changes or not, so I appreciate feedback on that change. I also unhid Personalized maps, but keep in mind that it is not a finished product.

Yay!!!

p.s. can anyone confirm Fog of war bug gone in 1.73?

Beta2 is up.

It's not very different, just some new translations, and an extra modmod from Aaranda. Power now reflects promotions too, but I have no idea if I was too conservative/liberal with the power changes or not, so I appreciate feedback on that change. I also unhid Personalized maps, but keep in mind that it is not a finished product.

I would say you have been to liberal with giving power to promotions. In the attached screen shot the grey improvement came from giving 3 of my 6 javeliners Combat 1, I had no other units. It took the power ratio against the leading civ from 0.4 to 1.6.

Update,

Second attachment, at 1 I built a new javeliner, at 2 that unit was given combat 1, promoting the unit gives a lot more power than building it, so something is quite a bit unbalanced.

Attachments

• powerscreen.jpg
    powerscreen.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 79
  • powerscreen2.jpg
    powerscreen2.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 79
Got a question Afforess, why does Pottery both give and obsolete the Supplies promotion? This is Beta 2 on a clean install.
Edit: I just saw this is applying on other tech's, so I'll assume it's done for a reason.

I would say you have been to liberal with giving power to promotions. In the attached screen shot the grey improvement came from giving 3 of my 6 javeliners Combat 1, I had no other units. It took the power ratio against the leading civ from 0.4 to 1.6.

Update,

Second attachment, at 1 I built a new javeliner, at 2 that unit was given combat 1, promoting the unit gives a lot more power than building it, so something is quite a bit unbalanced.

I agree, but this appears to be a bug in the calculations, not me being too liberal/conservative with the numbers. In the SDK I wrote this:

Code:
		iAsset *= 100 + kPromotion.getAssetMultiplier();

Mathematicians, care to point out the error? Yes. Order of Operations... It should be this:

Code:
		iAsset *= (100 + kPromotion.getAssetMultiplier());

Anyway, thanks for finding that for me

Got a question Afforess, why does Pottery both give and obsolete the Supplies promotion? This is Beta 2 on a clean install.
Edit: I just saw this is applying on other tech's, so I'll assume it's done for a reason.

That's a bug in the description... I'll fix it.

I found 2 things looks like bug.

1. obsoletes promotions?

one picture is better than tons of words.

2. I got below error messages when I press F4 and click Info tab to see foriegn information.

Attachments

• obsoletespromotions.JPG
    obsoletespromotions.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 356
  • widget error.JPG
    widget error.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 364
--MOVED FROM VIP thread
--if a better location exists, please inform me so
Afforess
Adding Unheath to a farm isn't necessarily a bad idea for the livestock farms, but the fields are often the opposite. Also, rice farms tend to promote illness of one sort or another when cold weather strikes. If you are to attach unhealth to a farm, make sure to open up a reversal for such technologies as Manure Processing (fertilizer manufacture) and Methane Processing (+1 trade to livestock farms). Having grown up around farms, and family working them still, the livestock farms are vastly less heathy than fields.
Also, in my games, I've implemented multi-stage farms, like the cottage progression and industrial progression. Starting w fields and growing into massive agribusinesses. I've been working on a way to prevent the autoupgrade until a tech is reached first. Such as the breakthrough from horticulture to agriculture, thus allowing simple fields to grow up to farms. You catch my drift.
Also, is there a mod that generates changes in climates worldwide over cycles of time? Decades, centuries, millenia? I've been looking, but found none. Global warming seems to b the closest.
Any replies mined for value...

Afforess --> It's bothering me that at opening the game you get too often same set of civilizations. Khmer Aztec - they are almost always present.

Could you make modification theat would more randomly picked playing civilizations ?

Sorry for my bad english*

Afforess --> It's bothering me that at opening the game you get too often same set of civilizations. Khmer Aztec - they are almost always present.

Could you make modification theat would more randomly picked playing civilizations ?

If you do custom game you can choose what the other civs will be.

Yeah i dont know if its possible, but i dont get those civs, cause i play with around 50 mores civs, but i still get ALOT of the same "most" of the time also.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom