• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

A New Dawn Beta Builds

Just installed 1.73beta and noticed that I can't find AAranda's units. Did you decide not to include them?

No... There are a number of unfinished things in the beta. I was just trying to get a version public fast, its in an unfinished state.

Just started my first game with the 1.73 beta. SO MANY REVOLUTIONS! I think I just am against all of the civs that are terrible at stability though, not the mod's fault.

Looks like there are no problems with AAranda's stuff and AND 1.73beta. Except the known stuff ;). Is there a standard set of schema files with the force overwrite tag in? I could then get all AAranda's religions working the way he wanted.

Known problems
- movies not playing for national wonders or shrines
- the two Terracotta Army wonders do merge OK but that is probably not the point :)

Now to get the Warriors of God updated with all the suggested changes. Then start work on testing the Subdue Animals mod.

Looks like there are no problems with AAranda's stuff and AND 1.73beta. Except the known stuff ;). Is there a standard set of schema files with the force overwrite tag in? I could then get all AAranda's religions working the way he wanted.

Err, no. I've only added them as needed. I do have standard schema's for files that I edit a lot, GameInfos, Buildings, Units, Etc though.

Known problems
- movies not playing for national wonders or shrines
- the two Terracotta Army wonders do merge OK but that is probably not the point :)

Actually, I think I fixed the movie issue. When I release a beta2, you can confirm it.

I just got a random event named "Corrupt Senate" (or something close to it). The link to the txt that shows on the popup for that event is broken.

Comments:

I just turned the millenium in my current game with 1.72B. I haven't had a single glitch in this or my previous 2 games with 1.72. I don't understand why others are having so many problems ...

By the way, in this game, two of my cities which are separated by 5 squares are complete mirror images of each other. In one I have 8 loaves of bread and all my citizens are fat and happy. In the other there is no food to be found but more hammers than in a hardware store. These guys are angry and hungry. I ask: until the food redistribution mod is ready, could we do a quick fix with caravans or something like it so we can send some food to these poor guys next door?

If I chose the "Cease bothering us" option in diplomacy, my workers start disappearing everywhere. Before I chose the option I had a lot of offers to sell workers so I speculate that choosing stop bothering us auto-accepts all worker trade offers.

Oh, btw, when DH and Afforess was talking about missing movies, they and I meant Treasury and other National Wonders (I think, I only know for sure about Treasury).

Anyway, in my alpha testing of beta2, I see Treasury movie finally. So yeah it will be fixed in beta2.

@Dancing Hoskuld & Afforesss

It would be nice to have that stuff included in AND.

The units are ready and will be included.

Well the Religions aren't quite there yet. There are a couple of graphics glitches. They wont work with the new improved RevDCM Limited Religions fix. For AND I will be able to convert the standard religions back to what AAranda intended when I get the force overwrite tag in there. Which means I will have to maintain two versions one for RoM and one for AND.:eek:

The buildings (wonders) have that Terracotta Army problem. GeneralStaff has one version and AAranda has another and if you install both they merge into yet another version. I prefer AAranda's.

Oh, btw, when DH and Afforess was talking about missing movies, they and I meant Treasury and other National Wonders (I think, I only know for sure about Treasury).

Anyway, in my alpha testing of beta2, I see Treasury movie finally. So yeah it will be fixed in beta2.

But, I thought I had the latest version and the Treasury and other nat wonder movies are not playing.

Well the Religions aren't quite there yet. There are a couple of graphics glitches. They wont work with the new improved RevDCM Limited Religions fix. For AND I will be able to convert the standard religions back to what AAranda intended when I get the force overwrite tag in there. Which means I will have to maintain two versions one for RoM and one for AND.:eek:

You can use the bForceOverwrite in regular RoM. If you use extra tags, they are just skipped and never parsed, but it won't cause any errors. You only need to make 1 version. ;)

The buildings (wonders) have that Terracotta Army problem. GeneralStaff has one version and AAranda has another and if you install both they merge into yet another version. I prefer AAranda's.

The problem is totally on your end. Just stick a bForceOverwrite on your file and be done with it. ;)

But, I thought I had the latest version and the Treasury and other nat wonder movies are not playing.

The version in the SVN is the latest version. :p

If I chose the "Cease bothering us" option in diplomacy, my workers start disappearing everywhere. Before I chose the option I had a lot of offers to sell workers so I speculate that choosing stop bothering us auto-accepts all worker trade offers.

Wrongly reported. The workers go "missing" because I'm building villages that consume them (hadn't heard about worker-consuming improvements before)

Wrongly reported. The workers go "missing" because I'm building villages that consume them (hadn't heard about worker-consuming improvements before)

Had me worried, cause I looked over the "Cease Bothering Us" and there is no way it could cause that.

Had me worried, cause I looked over the "Cease Bothering Us" and there is no way it could cause that.

Whoa, what!? Workers consumed by cottages!?

Afforess, can you create a pop-up message telling me that one of my worker is consumed by cottage or whatever improvement? I do have low vision and wouldn't be able to see quickly and conveniently that message if it was just in the moving message area. So a pop-up message of that importance should be a very nice addition, please :).

Whoa, what!? Workers consumed by cottages!?

Afforess, can you create a pop-up message telling me that one of my worker is consumed by cottage or whatever improvement? I do have low vision and wouldn't be able to see quickly and conveniently that message if it was just in the moving message area. So a pop-up message of that importance should be a very nice addition, please :).

The improvement hover does mention that it consumes the worker...

The improvement hover does mention that it consumes the worker...

I have my workers on automation, so I don't even know where to hover over.

What?! When did cottages begin to consume workers? Isn't that a fairly huge change?

Top Bottom