A New Dawn Beta Builds

What is wrong with YOU building the dll? It seem lazy of you that you change source files but not the dll too. Especially since you make big changes in the code!

What is wrong with YOU building the dll? It seem lazy of you that you change source files but not the dll too. Especially since you make big changes in the code!

I do and did build the DLL and push it to SVN for C2C. Stuff I do is principally for C2C. If it's suitable for AND I push the source the AND to, but I don't have an AND test environment without taking time to switch things over. Furthermore I have no idea how to update the installer for AND. I can stop checking stuff into AND if you prefer and just fix things in the C2C base only. Alternatively I can continue to fix AND source but only post about updates on the C2C boards to prevent people getting expectations for AND until such time as new betas are released.

No, you misunderstand me. I meant, why don't you compile a dll file for RAND SVN too? Not just change source code files?
I'm just curious, is all.

No, you misunderstand me. I meant, why don't you compile a dll file for RAND SVN too? Not just change source code files?
I'm just curious, is all.

Well, couple of reasons. I don't have a test environment set up for AND (it all gets tested in a C2C context) and I am leery about pushing a DLL that hasn't been run (I know pushing the source is a bit similar but at least it WILL get a sanity run when the DLL IS built for a beta release). Also my build environment for AND is slightly non-standard (my own project files and so on, which stems from the conditional compilation used to differentiate the C2C build from the AND one), so I'm not 100% confident my build is 'pure' in terms of flags and so on (I **THINK** it is, but not 100% certain).

If people are desperate for a fix send me an email address and I'll mail you a ZIP'd DLL at your own risk ;-) [or start a C2C game while you wait for next AND beta maybe? I've done a fair amount of AI work there for prehistoric so feedback would be great]

BT,
Try out C2C anyway. Might give you Ideas. And your 2.75GB may take you further than you think as long as you don't play with more than 10 AI.

JosEPh ;)

BT,
Try out C2C anyway. Might give you Ideas. And your 2.75GB may take you further than you think as long as you don't play with more than 10 AI.

JosEPh ;)

I agree completely with the above statements by Koshling and JosEPH_II, with the new AI improvements being made, and the complete turn times being worked on, it makes for a brand new type of Civ IV and the Maximum Compatibility change is just perfection. Turn times are more than 50% better than they used to be.

I suppose I should go ahead and refresh my SVN account (Afforess gave me access to SVN a while ago), then update the SVN myself with the dll myself.
Be back with update about this later.
Hopefully I can help you see where there are changes that are not suitable for pure RAND so you can fix it away. Afforess seem to be very busy these days.
Be warned though I only play at nights after about 9pm until maybe midnight.

People who use SVN, I updated the DLL that is has Koshing's changes.
Enjoy.

Weird interface bug:

It seem like my automated units get trapped in my stack sitting outside of Beijing.

Rewording...

I am building my conquest stack outside of my capital. I have bunch of other units on automated orders. When they go through my sitting stack, they get trapped in the stack. I try to extract them from the stack and send them on their merry automated ways but I can't.

I don't know how else to rephrase this report. Yeah, it is that weird.

@os79

I saw this happen to units on autoexplore (mostly Explorers and Adventurers) but not to units on border patrol.

How did you solve this?

Afforess, you said you merged the latest RevDCM into this version, right?
Well, you forgot to merge in Glider1's Spy AUA action.
Or did you see it and did not want to merge it in?

I didn't merge it because, IIRC, it's a clone of my spy wait action.

Coinage is even more useless because it removes the extra commerce you get from Jewellery.

It will be rebalanced.

I'm thinking of making it give even more gold per resource, and give gold for more resources, to encourage grabbing resources.

Weird interface bug:

It seem like my automated units get trapped in my stack sitting outside of Beijing.

Rewording...

I am building my conquest stack outside of my capital. I have bunch of other units on automated orders. When they go through my sitting stack, they get trapped in the stack. I try to extract them from the stack and send them on their merry automated ways but I can't.

I don't know how else to rephrase this report. Yeah, it is that weird.

Okay, I'll look into it.

I didn't merge it because, IIRC, it's a clone of my spy wait action.

No, they are two different things. If you boot up RevCM, you will see that it is not wait thing that you made. It is automated counterspying.

No, they are two different things. If you boot up RevCM, you will see that it is not wait thing that you made. It is automated counterspying.

Okay. I stand corrected. I'll see what I can do. ;)

Okay, I'll look into it.

I played some more and saw a bit more pattern.

Only units ordered to auto hunt and auto explore are affected.
Not other ordered units.

I have a suspicion, but I can be wrong because I'm no C++ programmer. Here goes...
I suspect that Koshling gave units that explore or hunt the "instinctive" need to join stack for safety. So I wonder if you exclude that code from human players and maybe that "bug" will go away?
I can be wrong because Koshling is your Padawan, and I'm barely a code-sensitive person :lol:.

Top Bottom