A New Dawn Beta Builds

Just follow the super-simple instructions in step 1 and you are all set...SVN isn't rocket science :) .

If you don't want to have to use the InstallJammer and create your own installs all the time, just "work around" that. As os79 uploads the precompiled gamecore as well, you don't have to compile all the dll yourself. Just download the files via SVN and then manually update the few that have changed since the last time. This is what I do for the minor updates that appear on an almost daily/weekly basi here. It's quick and simple. E.g. the SVN Updater tells me only the GameCore.dll has changed, so I simply copy and replace that one after it's downloaded. Simple :) .

If you don't want to do that, I'm afraid you have to wait because you can't expect that the "chiefs" will upload a whole new installer every week (usually every two days there's a minor SVN update, fixing bugs, implementing new stuff for "trying out" etc...).

EDIT: Figured out the color scheme issue...

Now there is another problem, however:

When I edit the CivilizationInfos.XML file and change some Barbarian city names, the changes don't seem to be loaded into the XML the game uses... (Changes don't come into effect.)
Is there another CivilizationInfos.XML file somewhere in the AND mod folder or does this problem have something to do with the Mega Civ Pack? :confused:

:coughcough:
Koshling now is taking responsibility for updating dll for his code changes... Just want to have credit due where it is due... ;)

Joseph, Afforess said he didn't want long series of betas. Not wait until Sept. for beta6. He basically meant he will release betas comparatively rarely between now and Sept., THEN release formal version 1.76 in Sept. and patch it as needed during the fall.

Just follow the super-simple instructions in step 1 and you are all set...SVN isn't rocket science :) .

If you don't want to have to use the InstallJammer and create your own installs all the time, just "work around" that. As os79 uploads the precompiled gamecore as well, you don't have to compile all the dll yourself. Just download the files via SVN and then manually update the few that have changed since the last time. This is what I do for the minor updates that appear on an almost daily/weekly basi here. It's quick and simple. E.g. the SVN Updater tells me only the GameCore.dll has changed, so I simply copy and replace that one after it's downloaded. Simple :) .

If you don't want to do that, I'm afraid you have to wait because you can't expect that the "chiefs" will upload a whole new installer every week (usually every two days there's a minor SVN update, fixing bugs, implementing new stuff for "trying out" etc...).

I'd prefer Not to have the Installer myself. Just post the updated files and I'll put them where they should go. I have limited playtime and right now is not the time to learn a new program for me.

@os79, my comment wasn't for Afforess, but directed towards Koshling and perhaps you. I PM with Aff from time to time so I know kinda whats up with his time and time table.

If the newest .dll is usable with beta5 that would be a good start.

JosEPh :)

Afforess and everyone else:

I notice a interesting item, maybe up for a tweak, if people here in majority agree...
I saw that in default BtS, musketman unit doesn't require any resource, but in this modpack, it does (sulfur.) Good so far.
Now, I noticed that cuirassier unit doesn't require sulfur in this modpack. I think it may be considered for this unit too. Because the Civilipedia itself say that they used pistols in addition to sabers. Plus, the unit require Cavalry Tactics, that comes AFTER Flintlock in this modpack. So it look weird that Arbuia(whatever) and afterward require gunpowder/ammo, while only cavalry require advanced resources (I think, hadn't gone that far yet).
So, you think we can tweak cuirassier and maybe cavalry, if needed, to require sulfur/ammo in this modpack?
If Afforess agrees or no one say anything, I will push the change along many other tweaks to SVN by Monday morning.

Jospeh, that's what I meant :) . I don't create the installer and all that myself as well. I just use the SVN Updater. That one is not difficult. It really is a handful of clicks. Takes 3min for the initial setup, and then when you want to check for updates you just rightclick on the folder and pick "SVN Update" in the context menu. That's it. I guarantee you no black magic or demonic sacrifices are required.

@os79: Cuirassiers requiring sulphur really would make sense, as they are obviously coming alongside the Arquebusiers (their strength reflects that as well).

Peeps, Qn- I get couldn't add a corrupt torrent, when I try to add the url.

Do I need to separately download the SVN to link the torrent

https://anewdawn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/anewdawn is the link I've pasted, copied and pasted. Not working?? what gives??

P.S. Using Ubuntu operating system, not windows and not interested in such.

SVN isn't a torrent, its part of a versioning system for software developers, read the first post in this thread under the spoiler tag for info how to access it.

@os79: Cuirassiers requiring sulphur really would make sense, as they are obviously coming alongside the Arquebusiers (their strength reflects that as well).

Made a thread about it. Better place to discuss it.

TortoiseSVn isn't an option because its Windows only, but Ubuntu should have a dozen alternatives in its Software Center.

Still couldn't figure out how to change the Barbarian city names in AND. Or does it have something to do with the Revolutions mod?

Changing XML's doesn't do anything. Are the city names hard coded somewhere or what is the trick with this? Could someone shed some light on the issue? :crazyeye:

Just uploaded a few turn time optimizations and the new DLL containing them to SVN. Should buy you about another 20% speed up.

Koshling, you may had introduced a bug with these optimizations recently because I am able to build Central Banks in several cities. The bug is that I can only build one Central Bank. Here is a savegame for you to see for yourself.

Koshling, you may had introduced a bug with these optimizations recently because I am able to build Central Banks in several cities. The bug is that I can only build one Central Bank. Here is a savegame for you to see for yourself.

This morning's update was not one of my best ;-) Even more seriously I broke stack attacks (ho hum). SHould have a fix later today for both issues. Sorry

Edit - fixed now. Let me know if the latest rev gives you any related issues (both the attack issues and the multiple build issues should be fixed)

Edit 2 - spoke too soon - hold up for now

Edit 3 - should be ok now- I have temporarily disabled one of the optimizations until I have more time to get the bugs out, as it's more subtle than I had realized

Just pushed a small change to SVN (DLL included):

Fixed the problem with regular (not max compat) saves recently introduced
Corrected the optimization I was working on but didn't finalize yesterday

Corpernius is not allowed to be built in same city as Issac or Leonardo.
Issac is not allowed to be built in same city as Corpernius or Leonardo.
But Leonardo CAN be built in a city with Corpernius or Issac.

Meant to be this way?

Made a thread about it. Better place to discuss it.

1) Actually in my game, AND beta 6, cuirasser does need horse and either iron OR sulfur.
Calvary is the one that only needs horse and nothing else.

In fact, it is pretty weird that older gunpowder units like muskets need sulfur but slightly advanced ones like riflemen do not. Kind of inconsistent.

Personally I feel that in original BTS, muskets all the way to mech infantry do not need special resources for a reason. If you dont have special resources like aluminium and oil, at most u cannot build attacking units like tanks and planes. But at least, you can still defend yourself with infantry and sam units rather than get stuck with bows and swords.

The requirement of sulfur and other special resources for these defending units kind of destroy this. Now if you dont have special resources you are pretty screwed although some units like riflemen still do not need resources. No anti air mechanism at all without resources.

2) Anyway for my current game, I find that tech diffusion doesnt seems effective at all. I played a huge 6 continent map with 11 coms, starting at emperor and increased to deity at snail speed. I am now researching techs like scientific theory, rifling etc, while they are still researching mediation, music, literature... I ended up giving them 1 free tech every few turns manually to keep them entertaining. I believe the main reason for this huge tech gap is because of religion. I managed to found all religions, which meant no religions on all other continents because now religion is not allowed to spread across continents until navigation. This is the main downfall for them even at deity levels now because without religion, they cannot build monastries and religion civics, while I can build 11 monastries for each religion in my cities which is 110% more science per city + the religious great wonders while they have nothing. Pretty disappointing that an emperor to deity game becomes so simple. The outcome of the game is pretty obvious, just a matter of time.

3) By the way, metropolitian administration building states that it enlarges the workable city radius to 3. But what I realised is that, so long as the city influence level is above influential, the working radius is already enlarged to 3 with or without this.

4) Also, I am quite confused by the "actual" data provided by reduced maintainence buildings.
A civil servant school which is supposed to reduce maintenance by 15%, actual data provided states "-12.51:gold:"
A courthouse in the same city, supposed to reduce maintenance by 25%, actual data provided states "-10.86:gold:"
Isn't 25% supposed to reduce more than 15%, but the actual data seems to contradict this.
Furthermore, the current maintenance of the city is just 7.26 so where did those numbers come from?
Even after the courthouse/civil servant school is built, obviously the maintenance doesn't reduce by 10+:gold:

#1 I discussed and pushed to SVN for pending Afforess' approval removing sulphur and ammo completely from the game.

#3 You probably have Larger Cities option on (from Custom Game options list.)

Top Bottom