A Not So Modest Proposal Regarding Buildings, Resources and Units

Sure thing;

Trading Post
Apothecary Shop
Assassin's Den
Candlemaker's Shop
Carriage Builder
Cartographer's Shop (Requires Books OR Paper OR Scrolls OR Tablets)
Cigar Roller's Shop
Cobbler
Drama School
Festival
Gambling Hall
Glassmith
Guild Hall
Pavilion
Printer's Workshop (Requires Paper AND Dye AND Lead OR Wood)
Saloon
Scroll Maker (Requires Dye AND Feathers)
Sculptor's Workshop (Requires Copper OR Fine Clay OR Jade OR Marble OR Stone)
Smuggler's Shanty
Tablet Maker
Tailor Ship
Timekeeper's Workshop
Toll House
Toy Maker
Trading Post (Requires Furniture AND Bricks OR Lumber)
Wheelwright (Requires Lumber)

Shopping District
Bicycle Shop (Requires Parts AND Tires)
Big McDowells Restaurant
Burgerworld Restaurant
Chop Shop
Civilized Jewelers Store
Ethanol Station
Fairgrounds
Farmer's Market
Gas Station (Requires Chemicals)
Liquor Store
MallWart Store
Mobby Meats Store
MoonBean Coffeeshop
Night Club
Shopping District (Furniture AND Glassware AND Bricks OR Concrete)
Sid's Sushi Restaurant
Video Game Arcade

Trading Post OR Shopping District
Bakery
Bank
Barber Shop
Bullseye Store
Butchery
Cheese Shop
East West Trader's Store
Emperor's Clothing Store
Farm Supply
Fashion House Store
Fur Farm
Gemcutter
Mob Storefront
Perfume Maker
Pet Shop
Pinball Arcade (Requires Glassware AND Steel)
Slave Market
Tattoo Parlor
Wonka Confectionaries Store

Prehistoric Housing OR Barter Post OR Trading Post
Canoe Builder's Hut (Requires Leather OR Prime Timber OR Wood)
Crafts Hut
Dance Hut
Fisherman Hut
Fletcher's Hut (Requires Rope AND Wood AND Copper OR Iron OR Obsidian OR Stone, Produces Archery Equipment)
Hat Shop
Hawking Hut
Healer's Hut
Mask Carver's Hut
Music Hut
Poison Crafter's Hut
Rope Weaver's Hut
Sail Weaver
Seamstress's Hut
Shell Worker's Hut
Smokehouse
Snake Charmer
Storyteller's Hut
Tannery
Tattoo Hut
Woodcarver's Hut

Prehistoric Housing OR Trading Post OR Shopping District
Slaughterhouse
Stoneworker's Hut

Trading Post OR Offices
Customs Office
Intelligence Agency
Sheriff's Office
Social Services
Surveyor's Office
Tax Office
Telephone Network (Requires Copper Wires OR Fiber Optic Cables)
Welfare Office

Other
Brewery (Requires Trading Post OR Factory)
Dentist (Requires Aluminum OR Copper OR Steel OR Titanium, Trading Post OR Offices OR Shopping District)
Doctor's Office (Requires Trading Post Or Offices OR Shopping District)
Distillery (Requires Trading Post OR Factory)
Laser Eye Surgery Clinic (Requires Drugs AND Glassware, Requires Power, Requires Offices OR Shopping District)
Optometrist (Requires Trading Post Or Offices OR Shopping District)
Pharmacy (Requires Trading Post Or Offices OR Shopping District)
Plastic Surgery Clinic (Requires Trading Post Or Offices OR Shopping District)
Rendering Plant (Requires Slaughterhouse OR Whaling Port AND Trading Post)
RePet (Requires Cloning Laboratory AND Shopping District)
Shipwright (Requires Lumber AND Rope AND Sails, Does NOT Require Carpenter's Workshop, Requires Trading Post AND Barracks OR Garrison)
Stable (Requires Trading Post AND Camel Trainer OR Elephant Trainer OR Horse Trainer)
Veterinarian (Requires Offices OR Shopping District)

@Praetyre

Can you do ...

Big McDowells Restaurant
Burgerworld Restaurant
Civilized Jewelers Store
MallWart Store
Mobby Meats Store
MoonBean Coffeeshop
Sid's Sushi Restaurant
Bullseye Store
East West Trader's Store
Emperor's Clothing Store
Wonka Confectionaries Store

Basically all the corporation buildings in the core xml? Thanks! :goodjob:

@Praetyre

1. I tweaked Candlemaker's Shop, Carriage Builder, Cartographer's Shop, Cigar Roller's Shop, Cobbler, Drama School, Festival, Gambling Hall, Glassmith, Pavilion, Printer's Workshop, Saloon, Scroll Maker, Sculptor's Workshop, Smuggler's Shanty, Tablet Maker, Toy Maker and Wheelwright. Some I changed a little such as the Drama School to have the Shopping District too.

2. The Apothecary Shop is under DH's control so you will need to ask him.

3. The Guild Hall and Toll House are still in the core file. Please change it.

Printer's Workshop (Requires Paper AND Dye AND Lead OR Wood)

4. I am leaving it the way I had it. I may in the future give bonuses from lead.

Scroll Maker (Requires Dye AND Feathers)

5. I am also leaving this the way I had it since they are making the scrolls not writing on them. Perhaps the feathers could go to the School of Scribes instead.

6. Timekeeper's Workshop I could not find this. :(

Please keep track of which ones I have done so the list can get shorter.

Done and added to the SVN and checklisted on the doc. DH may want to review my religious buildings tab first, as that contains the bulk of his work in the modified category.

As for the Printer's, are you planning on giving bonuses for the other resources too? And I'm fine with the Scroll Maker's revision.

What are you think about make armourer building required to build heavy medievel units heavy pikeman, axeman. swordsman? They are powerful and in reality you must have a good heavy armor to build them.

My plan has units require Bronze or Iron Equipment representing armour and melee weapons, to allow the possibility of one city smithing the weapons and the others training the troops.

My plan has units require Bronze or Iron Equipment representing armour and melee weapons, to allow the possibility of one city smithing the weapons and the others training the troops.

That probably won't work too well alongside the equipment promotion lines. I think we'll need to view the unit as 'being trained in the uses and strategies of these types of weapons' whereas the equipment promos it owns will define the actual quality of the weapons themselves.

The equipment promos will be given free to units that qualify for the promotion type, assuming its the best promotion available in its category, when said units enter a city, or are built in a city that has built the building that hands out that promotion upon achieving access to a defined set of resources and tech level.

What are you think about make armourer building required to build heavy medievel units heavy pikeman, axeman. swordsman? They are powerful and in reality you must have a good heavy armor to build them.

That might not be a bad idea since they are at the end of the line before gun poweder units. However this would be more of a unit change than a building change.

#Thunderbrd,I was about to say something similar on equipment.

BtW Courthouse should require School of Rhetoric and probably Forum also. Anything to do with talking to persuade others to do stuff your way should have the School of Rhetoric as a prerequsite.

Also as was pointed out elsewhere the tech Rhetoric is not in the correct place. I'll look at it again and post on the tech thread.

@Dancing Hoskuld

Does School of Rhetoric ever go obsolete?

Only if we have a Humanities department to add onto Universities. If you need to explain why people should do stuff the way you want then you need Rhetoric. It is usually called Public Speaking now a days, but that is a watered down version.

Just for info - I just had to drive through falling snow (probably sleet). It is the 3rd or 4th time I have seen snow in Canberra in my 30 years here.:) All work probably stopped so people could get a look at it.:mischief:

Top Bottom