Abortion Clinic Workers Found Guilty of Stabbing Babies

It isn't murder, it's abortion. If she went in for an abortion and the babies came out alive, it is still within their rights to abort it.
NO. Once the babies are born alive, they are people, protected under the law from being murdered.

And how does one determine viability when the baby's still inside the womb?
A 30-week-old can survive outside the womb, with the appropriate medical intervention. Obviously this butcher shop in the article would not have such medical intervention available, like a real hospital would.

If it's born alive and in a reasonably healthy state why don't they just take it to be adopted?
Exactly!

My guess is because they just wanted to be paid in full and get on with the next case. If there's a live baby to contend with, they would obviously not have fulfilled their part of the bargain, which was to make sure there was no live baby.

Still, Abortion must continue, it must not stop.

That'd be bad for those born through caesareans.

Yes, you're right. His logic means that I'm apparently not a person.

Still, Abortion must continue, it must not stop.

Yes, onward! Onward, to progress! Forward on the trail of a million million infant skulls! Gentleman, the road of progress is strewn with fetal carcasses, steeped in the sorrow of the innocent! Onward yet! /end sarcasm

What I meant is, in spite of this occurrence, abortion shouldn't be limited, nor should this be used as an attempt to ban it, and infringe upon a woman's right to determine what happens to her body.

What I meant is, in spite of this occurrence, abortion shouldn't be limited, nor should this be used as an attempt to ban it, and infringe upon a woman's right to determine what happens to her body.

But the illogical-ness of abortion is pointed out nonetheless, as I mentioned in my OP.

But it's not illogical. Abortion is fine, for it to be banned, would open up the way for back-alley abortionists.

Late abortions (including partial birth) are overwhelmingly done for medical reasons. Exceptions exist. I am open to hearing how to limit exceptions without hitting legit abortion access.

And to answer the op, a fetus is biologically different from a baby.

Neither worker was trained or licensed for the work they did at the clinic

They should never have been there in the first place.
Killing live born babies is completely wrong. Only should be done if mother life is in danger.
If the baby is going to die then let them die naturally no need to kill it by cutting its spinal cord.

Yes, and outlawing slavery opened up the illicit human trafficking business :rolleyes:

I didn't realise that the aborting of a fetus, is the same as selling someone into slavery.

Thank you for alerting me to this fact.

1. How does the fact that they are done for medical reasons change anything?

2. Why does this biological difference matter in the least?

It's not the same, it's far worse (using your parameters for what a fetus is).

But the illogical-ness of abortion is pointed out nonetheless, as I mentioned in my OP.

Only if you think human life begins at conception. That's the point that's always over looked in abortion debates. You presumably think human life begins much earlier than I do. I'm perfectly willing to say that if one believes fetus = human, then abortion would be murder. I would hope in turn that you, and other pro-lifers, would admit that if someone doesn't believe a fetus is a person, that abortion would not be murder in their eyes. I think we can all agree that fewer abortions is a worthy goal to work towards. Perhaps contraceptives should be better funded?

Both are morally WRONG actions.

So, would you force a rape victim to give birth?

So, would you force a victim of incest to give birth?

So, would you force a woman to give birth, even if it ended up killing her?

What's moral with any of those situations?

Not murdering another being for convenience.

Clearly a raped woman should go through the trauma of giving birth, because to abort it is just her being selfish, right Pat?

Right?

Top Bottom