Actual Map Border Poll

What kind of borders do you want to see in Civ: Beyond Earth?

• I'd love to see natural borders!

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • Meh, I'm indifferent.

Votes: 42 37.5%
  • I like straight edges for my borders!

Votes: 42 37.5%

• Total voters

ManOfRet

Chieftain
Well, here's the actual thread for the Natural Map Borders poll, so you guys can actually say what you want and not some forced decision.

Anyway, enjoy!

I personally find straight edge borders more aesthetically pleasing.

Considering, supposed, high demand for CiV looking sloppy borders, I'm pretty sure this will be one of the first things to get modded.

And then everyone will be happy.

I like more natural borders in historical civ, but the traight hexagons work well for a SciFi setting. Border growth in BE isn't natural growth, it's planned expansion.

I'd love the option to choose. In CIV5, you had two options really, see the world in hex form or with the natural borders. I wish in BE, it would be the 3rd option.

I like the hex borders EXCEPT when those borders run against natural boundaries like coast, rivers, mountains, and thermal vents. I haven't paid close enough attention to see how those are handled in the screenshots.

Honestly I think I would prefer more natural borders but without having played the game it's difficult to know and either way it isn't a major problem.

As has been said it's more of an issue when borders overlap with natural lines on the map such as rivers or the coast.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

But I will add that if this were Civ 6 I'd vote for more natural borders. The future sci-fi nature of BE gives it a free pass.

The Hex borders look better to me. They create more of a sci-fi feel, which is appropriate for BE

So far, most people are saying that they either don't care, so don't change it from what the devs have, or yes, they support the Hex borders.

That's essentially a 61/17 split for/against Hex borders.

Wait, there are people who don't play with the hex grid on?

Yep. I turn it on when deciding where to settle cities and sometimes for complicated combat situations, but I generally have it off for immersion. Same with tile yields and resource icons.

I never use the hex Grid and I also play with the yield icons off.

Tile yields? I mouse over them, but never play with them on, and I sometimes turn off resources too.
Part of my immersion tactic as well.

I'll admit this as well... I don't save scum and accept whatever happens, but when something particularly nasty happens to me, I have been known to call the A.I. a few choice names.... so much so, that I am banned from playing anywhere where my kids can hear me while they are up. Though, that's neither here nor there....

Wait, there are people who don't play with the hex grid on?

I find it distracting and I can "eyeball" the tiles perfectly fine without it. I'm actually MORE likely to "eye skip" and misjudge with it on than off. Plus grids always mess with my head, like they seem to throb or something if I pay too much attention to them.

Top Bottom