Age of Colonisation

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not; I don't have the time nor the inclination to read through all 22 pages of the thread, but...

I just dl'd the mod; 1 gig! Took over an hour! Extracting with RAR took 10 minutes! Then when I looked over the file structure, I found out why. There are numerous duplications. Within the Art folder are two other folders that don't belong: TAC1 & TAC2. These duplicate the main Art folder and even duplicate each other. They really ought to be cleaned out so as to reduce the amount of data in the download. Way too big.

Yes, it's true. There are some duplications that in the next update I will delete all. Actually I work at a major update with many changes and I hope to upload soon. But the size of the Mod will be big because there are much flavour units for each civilization.;)

Have you thought about the combat system and how that will work, or are graphics and game elements the main focus right now? Because the RFRE (Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire) by pinktilapia has a pretty good combat system...

Sorry DOMNATRIX, I dont' understand what do you want say about combat system.
At the moment my main focus is to force the european civs to send their settlers to america, africa and asia. To do this I have changed the resouces nedeed to build some units: instead of the classical Saltpeter and/or Iron, I choose a strategical American Goods or Asian Goods or African Good. So I hope the AI force the European civs to send the settlers to new lands.

Sorry DOMNATRIX, I dont' understand what do you want say about combat system.
At the moment my main focus is to force the european civs to send their settlers to america, africa and asia. To do this I have changed the resouces nedeed to build some units: instead of the classical Saltpeter and/or Iron, I choose a strategical American Goods or Asian Goods or African Good. So I hope the AI force the European civs to send the settlers to new lands.

I was just asking what part of the mod you're working on right now. And you could give the people you want the europeans to conquer certain resources which allow the Europeans to build their units, and so they will attack them.

I'm a bit confused as well, who are 'their', 'they', and 'them'?

He could give the native populations resources which the Europeans need to build some of their own units, so the Europeans will want to conquer the natives.;)

This could be an idea. But there are some problems.
First historical. In South America Spain has conquered mayan, incan and aztec civs and in North America the indians were conquered by the european civs but later, but in other continents the european expansion was not by conquest. In the mod this is simulated by the creation of Ideal City Location as only location to settle.
Second problem: Ideal City Location. If the european civs need conquer the natives, the Ideal City Location system is obsolete, so I could delete it.

This could be an idea. But there are some problems.
First historical. In South America Spain has conquered mayan, incan and aztec civs and in North America the indians were conquered by the european civs but later, but in other continents the european expansion was not by conquest. In the mod this is simulated by the creation of Ideal City Location as only location to settle.
Second problem: Ideal City Location. If the european civs need conquer the natives, the Ideal City Location system is obsolete, so I could delete it.

Do you mean that the events would be out of order historically? Because if so, I highly recommend that you play pinktilapia's Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire. It uses techs with flavors as timers for AI civs to do the historically correct things, and has resources in certain spots so the AIs are tempted to take them. And apart from that it has some cool stuff and is very fun to play.:goodjob:

That mod really only works though becaus it is on one continent with only Great britain being an Island. THe ai in generaly sucks at long distance overseas wars makeing them unlikely to attack the natives in the new world.

How about having unit-spawning improvements/wonders available overseas? This would then give the AI something to fight with when overseas...

How about having unit-spawning improvements/wonders available overseas? This would then give the AI something to fight with when overseas...

Soud interesting. Can you make some exemples?
I made another thing. Instead of the classical saltpeter or iron I put American Good or Asian Good or African Goods as a needed resources to built european units. Obiouvsly these resources can only be foud in america or asia or africa, so the european civs must go to these continents to obtain the needed resources.

Yeah, the two ideas could intermix. For example, you could require "American Goods" in the city radius to build an improvement which spawns Cannons regularly, and another similar improvement which spawns some kind of American cavalry every so often. Then, the AI will have something to attack with whilst overseas. And if you also want increased naval action, perhaps you could have a wonder which spawns Privateers every so often, and improvements which spawn Galleys and Frigates, too!

The only problems I can envisage with this are unit support costs (which I'm sure you'll be able to find a way around!) and possibly turn times (although knowing the AI, they probably won't make enough of these improvements to actually cause much lag...)

A scenario I'd suggest looking at is "The Rise and Fall of the Mughals", where the Europeans have several unit-producing improvements :)

The Siamese and the South East Asian Sultanates

There are no such thing as the Jomon Warrior in Siam or anywhere in South East Asia. That name is for only the Japanese. Totally different area and timeline.

Since you seem knowledgeable in the area how 'bout you suggest a replacement. :)

Since you seem knowledgeable in the area how 'bout you suggest a replacement. :)

I have limited knowledge of Japanese history, but I must say that name "Jomon" is incorrect unless you want to add Japan in this modpack; and that I am afraid would be incompatible since Japan was never subjected to any Western Colonial adventures.

GREAT NEWS! I have uploaded a new version of the Mod! Please see 1# post. Many changes:
- Terrain: I have changes volcanos (used as impassable mountains) with LM Mountain (impassable);
- Units: Added all the latests units by Sandris (Spanish, Arabs, Italians etc.) and Shirokobbure (Asian units) - New upgrade line for european units: arquebusier-musketeer-fusilier-line infantry and Knight-Reiter-Cavalry-Early Dragoon-Dragoon - New Resouces need to buit these; instead of saltpeter and/or iron specific Resources by each civ as African Goods/Soth American Goods/North American Goods/Asian Goods/Muslim Goods as for historical expansion.
- Buildings: I have deleted some buildings that are doubled (ex.:storehouse) and fixed some bugs.
- Improvement: I added Conquistador's Barraks that produces a Conquistador each 6 turns, African Colonial Barracks that produces an African Auxiliary Troop unit to each european civ that buit it in Africa, and now the european civs cannot built Colonist; they must built an Improvement called Colonist Recruiter that can be built only in europe an in coastal cities that produce a colonist every 18 turns.

The Mughals were far more advanced than you give them credit for. Mughal tribal fanatic? What is that supposed to be exactly? The Mughal Empire was a sophisticated gunpowder wielding empire with cannons, muskets, and a complex government, bureaucracy, taxation and revenue system.

The Mughals were far more advanced than you give them credit for. Mughal tribal fanatic? What is that supposed to be exactly? The Mughal Empire was a sophisticated gunpowder wielding empire with cannons, muskets, and a complex government, bureaucracy, taxation and revenue system.

It's true silver 2039. But my limit is in found the units to put in game. Mughal Tribal Fanatic is simply a unit that represent a fanatic religious tribesman. If you know well the history of Mughal Empire and/or you have links to sites I can see to know more information to the history or uniforms it would be a great help for me. Thanks.:)

I'm back. Hello all.

Question - is the new biq the only thing I need, if I have not reinstalled TAC or updated my TAC since probably last June?

Top Bottom