Age Of Empires Online

civnoob13

King
What are your opinions on it? Do you think the premium content is good value?

I personally like the core game but I think the premium content is waaay overpriced.

yeah its good but as you said premium content is way overpriced, it will be interesting to see the numbers on this one.

The people who complained about CIV having too cartoony graphics are going to have a heart attack seeing AOE Online's graphics. I couldn't take the game seriously, despite how some on their forums insist that the mechanics are solid.

Haven't demo'd it. I was kind of excited, though the website preview kind of disappointed me. The game modes sound innovative.

The graphics are simply horrible, but that is easily the worst part of the game (other than overpriced premium content).

I personally enjoy the quests, many find them boring but I don't know why. It may be due to the repetitiveness of the 'destroy the base' formula, but what else can you expect from a game like AoEO. One thing that does deeply annoy me however is the lack of random map mode, even with premium. The only other age game I've ever played is age of mythology and the best bits about that were the editor (not in the game) and random map (not in the game). I only hope we will get these modes in the future.

The game itself looks interesting, but I don't like this "Freemium" model of games unless all of the real money purchases are either shortcuts or cosmetic changes (League of Legends for example). Restricting techs and such to only those who buy in is lame. Either make the game free with cosmetic changes and shortcuts for the lazy costing money, or charge me right up front for the game, telling me I don't HAVE to pay but I can never compete in the top tier if I don't strikes me as a shady ass business practice, I don't like it.

So I take it there's no single player mode? I prefer to go at my own pace. :p

From the website, the game play is either PvP or Coop versus some scenario.

http://ageofempiresonline.com/features/

Am I right in thinking that this is geared for console gamers? I see lots of Xbox live and Kinect mentions on the site. Gameplay-wise, it sounds actually dumbed down, much simpler than even Empire Earth.

It does seem to be quite simplified, but I'll spare judgement until I try it out. RTS in a MMO environment is something I haven't seen before, and the idea holds promise.

It does seem to be quite simplified, but I'll spare judgement until I try it out. RTS in a MMO environment is something I haven't seen before, and the idea holds promise.

I might give it a try if we started a CFC league or something.

The Host has the main settlement location with advantagous resources and positioning
While the co-op partner helping kinda gets spawned in a poor location and is given less. But in this case I out macroed him and my army is twice the size.

Iam playing Greek which from the description less units but more quality.

Friend me "xx WMD xx"

I was in the beta but I don't think I will play the real thing as I played it for quite a while yet still had really boring missions and couldn't advance past the second age.

I have one question: Is it one of those ******ed (facebook) games that will have you waiting for hours on end to do xxxxx.

I have one question: Is it one of those ******ed (facebook) games that will have you waiting for hours on end to do xxxxx.

Its Age of Empires RTS as you can tell from the screenshot. Theres nothing there limiting how you play , build, craft, do missions except that paying users have access to rare items, special missions and special buildings.

You can play it for 24/7 if you so choose. Its traditional Age of Empires game play with persistant leveling like LOL and sim city like home base.

Ok, then I will try it. As long as I wasn't waiting for 6 hours while my house built I was okay.

Top Bottom