Alcohol or Marijunana. Which is worst when overused?

Which is worse for your health, saftey and well being when overused?

• Total voters
Anything is psychologically addictive. The internet is.
Does the Internet cost 250 bucks for three months of use? No.

Is Internet addiction common as a percentage of Internet users? No.

Does the Internet cause the brain to malfunction? No. In fact, the Internet is beneficial to the brain in the same way the Encyclopedia Britannica is.

Does the Internet cause cancer? Well, I suppose one could contract cancer from exposure to the radiation of your PC screen, but I've never heard of that actually happening. So, no.

Does the Internet cause you to have car accidents? Actually, the answer to this one might be yes if you're surfing while driving. Certainly distractions due to everything from cell phones to coffee cause people to lose control of their cars and hit things.

But the final analysis is this: with marijuana, the answers are "yes" across the board--weed causes all of the above problems at the same time. With the Internet, the answers to the above questions are mostly "no". This holds true for all common everyday pleasures marijuana wingnuts commonly bring up--coffee, food, Duran Duran music, ESPN, and of course, sex. The only exception being other hard drugs.

Lemme ask you something, is there a correlation between cancer and marijuana use? If you followed the link in my previous post you would see the answer is no.
If you followed a bunch of other links I've seen--and posted in here--you would see the answer is probably yes.

Update: Basketcase claiming me and my friends are all exceptions becuase we roll with tobacco and with cardboard.

:rotfl:

Update: Basketcase claiming me and my friends are all exceptions becuase we roll with tobacco and with cardboard.

I and all my friends do that as well. The tobacco makes it burn easier. And a roach is of course nessecary. No one I know has ever rolled without this.

Originally Posted by philippe
wow wow, everybody I know rolls in the same way i do.

basketcase said:
Then they're ALL exceptions, dumbass. How many weed users do you know? A couple dozen, maybe? In a nation of THREE HUNDRED MILLION?

Wikipedia says most Americans roll joints. That means no bong. And Wikipedia says most Americans roll joints Without tobacco. You are full of crap.
If you roll your joints with tobackey, fine and dandy--you're the exception. But, typically, you think the whole planet revolves around you.

Basketcase is of course the expert on weed:
Follow your own advice and get the hell out of CFC. Dear God, you are such an idiot.

If I don't know that nobody ever smokes a whole ounce of weed in ten days, THEN I DON'T KNOW THAT I SHOULDN'T COMMENT ON IT.

Now shut your goddamn mouth.
You mean, nobody smokes an ounce in ten days?

New flash for you: I've never used weed. Why the hell would I know how much most people smoke???

Christ.

Is Internet addiction common as a percentage of Internet users? No.

Does the Internet cause the brain to malfunction? No. In fact, the Internet is beneficial to the brain in the same way the Encyclopedia Britannica is.

Does the Internet cause cancer? Well, I suppose one could contract cancer from exposure to the radiation of your PC screen, but I've never heard of that actually happening. So, no.

Does the Internet cause you to have car accidents? Actually, the answer to this one might be yes if you're surfing while driving. Certainly distractions due to everything from cell phones to coffee cause people to lose control of their cars and hit things.

Ok. Let's play your fun game with caffeine.

Does caffeine cost 250 bucks for three months of use?

Yes. A coffee drinker will often drink two or more cups each day. A plurality of these drinkers will get their drug from stores. Starbucks, say. Caffeine drinks like coffee or tea tend to cost between $2 and $5 a piece. So three months makes roughly 90 days. Assuming a caffeine user buys a mid-priced drink on each of those days (on average) that is more the 250 bucks. Probably easily $100 plus per month.

Is caffeine addiction common as a percentage of caffeine users?

Yes. Caffeine dependence begins to become evident when consumption exceeds 300mg per day. It uses the same neural pathways as Heroin, or Cocaine. About 90% of Americans are regular users. A Large 20oz contains 334mg of caffeine. About half of users exceed 300mg a day. Usually by several hundred milligrams. Hence the phrase 'I can't start the day without my cup of coffee'.

Does Caffeine cause the brain to malfunction?

Yes. A silly criterion. But almost every drug fulfills it. Caffeine overuse manifests itself in nervousness, irritability, insomnia, headaches, hyperflexia and anxiety. It antagonises Adenosine recptors in the central nervous system, making a users body far more sensitive to adenosine. Insofar as it diverges from 'normal' brain function, this fits under whatever you mean by 'malfunction'.

Does caffeine cause cancer?

Inconclusive. Caffeine can change the reproduction methods of certain cells, and does so in a way that enhances certain known carcinogens. But animal tests and studies yield little correlation between caffeine use and cancer incidence. However, caffeine does raise cholestrol and blood sugar, encourage stomach ulcers and impair both long and short term memory. It is also indicated in a wide array of sleeping disorders.

Does Caffeine cause you to have car accidents?

No. On the face of it, Caffeine decreases fatigue and therefore decreases the risk of accident. However, a caffeine addict afflicted with sleeping disorders, tremulousness and muscle twitching undoubtedly has an increased risk of accident.

But the final analysis is this: Caffeine fulfills the majority of your criteria, and in many cases far more fully then marijuania does. Does that mean it should be banned? Don't be ridiculous.

Wow! That is expensive. Unless you are somekind of a extreme pothead who smokes his stuff alone. I usually get an ounce at about 100 or 120 dollars. It last me for about 4 month. I like to say I am a moderate user.

Weed sure as hell doesn't cost me that much.

In India its incredibly cheap here because its homegrown. I can get a large quantity for a mere 1,000 rupees. Convert that into dollars and see how much it is. Its dirt cheap.

Weed sure as hell doesn't cost me that much.

In India its incredibly cheap here because its homegrown. I can get a large quantity for a mere 1,000 rupees. Convert that into dollars and see how much it is. Its dirt cheap.
I envy you. Got any extra rooms to spare? Maybe even some phone lists of Indian hoochie mamas. Man, your beotches are hot!

If you followed a bunch of other links I've seen--and posted in here--you would see the answer is probably yes.
I'd love to see one credible link that states weed causes cancer. If there are a bunch of them and you have "already posted them" (you probably should have posted them in visible color) it should easy enough for you to just show me.

BasketCase said:
But the final analysis is this: with marijuana, the answers are "yes" across the board--weed causes all of the above problems at the same time. With the Internet, the answers to the above questions are mostly "no". This holds true for all common everyday pleasures marijuana wingnuts commonly bring up--coffee, food, Duran Duran music, ESPN, and of course, sex. The only exception being other hard drugs.

Marijuana causes cancer? Where are all the cancer patients suffering from marijuana smoking? Where are the actual reported cases of cancer in marijuana smokers? Or marijuana med patients who vaporize the stuff or eat it?

"Causing the brain to malfunction". That's another funny one, considering how it's vague to the point of not saying anything at all, much like the rest of your posts.

That, and your road accident claim has been disproven, over and over again.

I know you want to play Leonidas to the Persians here, but you just ain't got the Spartan wit buddy.

@Greenpeace: it's far easier for me to just tell you to read back through the thread yourself. Therefore, go read back through the thread yourself.

@Dawgphood: I'll tell you where all the marijuana cancer patients are--there are next to none of them because very few people smoke weed compared to tobacco. As to the road accident thing: same answer I gave greenpeace. I already posted several links right here in this thread, and I'm sick and tired of having to post the same links over and over again. Stop being a lazy-ass and look it up yourself.

@lovett: Correct, wrong, wrong, mostly wrong, and mostly wrong in order from top to bottom. Caffeine doesn't cause the brain to malfunction except in large doses over a long period of time. Caffeine does cause cancer, but so rarely that it's not a problem. And caffeine is no more likely to cause a car accident than a cell phone is. The last three on the list don't occur anywhere near often enough to be a problem.

@raketooy: Don't yell at me, yell at philippe. His exact words: "I said the hazards come from when you roll a joint, you also add tobacco". He didn't make any distinctions about North America vs. England. He said that when you roll a joint, you add tobackey. Period. Wikipedia proves him wrong. Apparently he lives somewhere in Europe and thinks everybody else on the planet should be doing things the same way he does.

Aha! I just had a stroke of genius.

I've solved the problem permanently. I took a few of those links about weed, car accidents and cancer and put them in my signature.

Now you have no choice, and no excuses. You're going to see them EVERY time I write anything in here.

Aha! I just had a stroke of genius.

I've solved the problem permanently. I took a few of those links about weed, car accidents and cancer and put them in my signature.

Now you have no choice, and no excuses. You're going to see them EVERY time I write anything in here.

I actually appreciate that, since we were all wondering where the hell you were getting this craziness from.

I haven't read the links yet, later though.

@raketooy: Don't yell at me, yell at philippe. His exact words: "I said the hazards come from when you roll a joint, you also add tobacco". He didn't make any distinctions about North America vs. England. He said that when you roll a joint, you add tobackey. Period. Wikipedia proves him wrong. Apparently he lives somewhere in Europe and thinks everybody else on the planet should be doing things the same way he does.

Then explain the fact Silver2039 rolls the same way. Explain the fact Ziggy Stardust does. Or let's have a bigger look at your madness:

basketcase said:
Ziggy is also an exception. Idiot.

Wikipedia > you.

That's it; basketcase, you are simply someone with a mental disfunction and you need serious psychological help. You are barking mad.

Look at what kind of . .. .. .. . he is sending me:

Basketcase said:
Before getting into tonight's round of verbal duelling (actually, for me, it's more like swatting a fly with an SUV), I will note the following:

I am a conservative atheist. Do I think that most other Americans are also conservative atheists? No. In fact, I am a very rare bird, and I know it. I am an exception.

Keep that in mind.

What does that have to do with anything?

And i love this piece of madness:

basketcase said:
I command you to stop posting at me now. And you WILL obey. Next time you try to write a PM at me, you will discover you simply have no choice.

:king:

You pity me? Hmmph. For you, I feel nothing but contempt. If you can't be bothered to actually use the two to three pounds of brain Mother Nature gave you, that's nobody's fault but yours.

That's three PM's he send overnight.

Is he talking to himself and using me as medium? Is basketcase receiving PM's from me when I'm not around?

find out more in the show "the madness of Basketcase".

That's it; basketcase, you are simply someone with a mental disfunction
I have only one problem right now, and you're it. You jumped into my PM box in order to argue at me, and I took steps to shut you up. Stay the hell out of my PM box.

I have only one problem right now, and you're it. You jumped into my PM box in order to argue at me, and I took steps to shut you up. Stay the hell out of my PM box.

What steps? All i see is rambling by you.

I tried to explain something with 1 or two PM's becuase you were looking really dumb, in fact you could say I send them out of pity.
What effects will a user suffer if he does an ounce of weed every ten days?

Statements like this really make you look ridicilous, you know. :(

nobody does that. Nobody
But then again, you are hopeless.

and tell me Basketcase, am I still an "exception" according to your grand theory devised by wiki?

Then explain the fact Silver2039 rolls the same way. Explain the fact Ziggy Stardust does.
Easily. I've met six tobacco users in my lifetime. Five of them were chewers--only one was a smoker. But the fact is, most tobacco users are smokers. My personal experience with tobacco is an exception to real-world experience, and I had the brains to figure that out myself instead of having somebody else explain it to me. That's why I mentioned I'm a conservative atheist. Same thing: just because I am, doesn't mean everybody else is.

You and Silver and Ziggy roll your ZIG-zags (get it? Zig? Ziggy? Har har) the same way. Why should this be unusual? Maybe you taught them how or maybe you all live in Europe where most people prefer to roll a different way.

Me, I've been keeping my statistics INSIDE the United States for reasons I mentioned long ago. I compare legal status INSIDE the U.S., and death/cancer/accident/usage rates INSIDE the U.S.; sometimes I chat about stuff outside the USA, but only in passing.

Top Bottom