All leader portraits

Nice catch! Fred is looking impressively beardy.

While this doesn't 100% confirm the entire leaderboard leak, it's a pretty good indication! I know there are some controversial choices, but I for one am pretty stoked :)

While this doesn't 100% confirm the entire leaderboard leak, it's a pretty good indication! I know there are some controversial choices, but I for one am pretty stoked :)

I think we should hold back our judgements until we see what they do. I am stoked regardless.

She may not be actually good but she is cool as **** and she still won, and she is a popular character so they could give her similar manerism.

I'd say Catherine was one of the inspirations behind Cersei so yeah i believe they are similar to some degree

I don't want to go OT but that's just ridicolous as an ASOIAF reader and as an aspirant historian. Still Caterina had little to no power before her husband died, and even later, but maybe they can feature Francis II in the background.

EDIT: Or maybe Charles IX or Henry III. You can only have that many sons.

It even says "Fre" on the concept art.

It even says "Fre" on the concept art.

Yes; without a doubt Barbarossa is confirmed. I guess the question that remains is whether we are right about all the others... and, of course, we need confirmation for B5, C5 and E1 (but they will save those for last I'm sure :p )

Without question. I'd say Arabia is also about 80% confirmed, Tamar 300%.

Guys, if our hunt for the last two wasn't enough, a user in the new artwork video thread posted this:

Now who could this possible be?

It looks eerily similar to Robert E. Lee to me. Or perhaps Washington.
Without question. I'd say Arabia is also about 80% confirmed, Tamar 300%.

The next Civilization game should literally be called Civilization: Tamar.

I haven't bothered reading the full thread (that's freaking 1400 posts), but as B5 is considered unknown in pretty recent threads that grew a little slower and is not filled in here yet, I suppose I may have some useful information.

A search on Wikipedia strongly implies (I haven't done the work bothering to go through all of history, as they lack a single list with all nations that ever existed) that the only nation that ever existed that would aphabetically fit between Germany and Greece would be Ghana, or the Ghana Empire that existed somewhere around 300-1200 AD, also known as Awkar. Now, that's also the biggest problem here - would they use Ghana Empire, or Awkar? I would myself think Awkar, but that would mean there's nothing alphabetically between Germany and Greece, so I'm going with Ghana Empire all the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana_Empire

Guys, if our hunt for the last two wasn't enough, a user in the new artwork video thread posted this:

Spoiler :

Maybe a great person icon? the shape of the icon looks different from the one for the leaders.

Spoiler :

What is Washington doing in that picture?

Spoiler :

George Washington

George

Georgia confirmed.

okay I'll stop, mods

I haven't bothered reading the full thread (that's freaking 1400 posts), but as B5 is considered unknown in pretty recent threads that grew a little slower and is not filled in here yet, I suppose I may have some useful information.

A search on Wikipedia strongly implies (I haven't done the work bothering to go through all of history, as they lack a single list with all nations that ever existed) that the only nation that ever existed that would aphabetically fit between Germany and Greece would be Ghana, or the Ghana Empire that existed somewhere around 300-1200 AD, also known as Awkar. Now, that's also the biggest problem here - would they use Ghana Empire, or Awkar? I would myself think Awkar, but that would mean there's nothing alphabetically between Germany and Greece, so I'm going with Ghana Empire all the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana_Empire

CiV also used tribal names for important civilizations or cultures that couldn't really be considered a state or an Empire, though. The Huns, for example, or the Shoshone. Which also opens up the Goshute (unlikely) or the Goths.

Also for C5 now it seems more likely that it is the Ottomans for me. The leader thumbnail in the recent video reminds more of an Ottoman ruler than Saladin.

I think it might be Mehmet. Given the tweet, I think we can interpret the photo to be a horseman facing us, with walls in the background (Constantinople's walls perhaps?)

Spoiler :

It definitely doesn't look like any of the leaders from the board, so I guess either it's a possible 2nd leader for a Civ or it's a Great Person of some kind.

Will you lead your people to glory through the pursuit of improbably huge crowns and the ridiculous over-analysis of blurry screencaps? Can you build a Civilization to stand... the test of Tamar? :mischief:

More than one leader per Civilization? :crazyeye:

The blue background is different from the leaders standard black background we've seen in the UI up until now. He is also facing to the left, rather than to the front, as the others.

Probably not a leader. Awfully similar to George Washington in any case.

The plot thickens.

CiV also used tribal names for important civilizations or cultures that couldn't really be considered a state or an Empire, though. The Huns, for example, or the Shoshone. Which also opens up the Goshute (unlikely) or the Goths.

I'd say Goths overlap historically with Germany though.

Top Bottom