All leader portraits

^ I think it's about time Burma's in the game, even if not in the base. We've had Khmer, Siam, Indonesia. I think it would be nice to have Burma and Vietnam or Khmer eventually in the game.

^ I think it's about time Burma's in the game, even if not in the base. We've had Khmer, Siam, Indonesia. I think it would be nice to have Burma and Vietnam or Khmer eventually in the game.

^^Please decrease SUPER GIGANTIC size of your image on top of the page image or make it a link instead of img :p

Yeah, I meant South East Asian, like the guy Krajzen linked.

And of those native american chieftains, the second and third look good.

So, I've been playing around with C5, and by enlarging it a lot and changing saturation, a fairly clear image seems to emerge. The figure has his chest exposed, but is wearing something across it. He is wearing a large hat.

Spoiler :

There is clearly no horse in the picture, and it is clearly a close up on the figure. The character definitely appears male; as opposed to breasts, the chest looks a lot more male.

What I can see in this picture does not look a lot like my previous interpretation of it being an Ottoman, though it is still possible this figure is wearing a turban.

Spoiler :

Maybe it could possibly be a Pharaoh? Little body clothing, arms crossed holding a scepter and flail in hand, with a Uraeus.

Maybe it could possibly be a Pharaoh? Little body clothing, arms crossed holding a scepter and flail in hand, with a Uraeus.

Cleopatra is Egyptian leader and for the love of God I cannot see an Egyptian leader here.

Anyway, I still think Bayinnaung of Myanmar is not improbable.

I cannot find a single depiction of any Mongols khan wearing the hat similar to C5, nor Ottoman sultan or Persian shah wearing hat like this one.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b3/Emperoryuandinastycollage.jpg/1600px-Emperoryuandinastycollage.jpg
^^None of those Mongol khans has cap remotely similar to this one.

Also, am I the only one who sees body armor on C5?

Cleopatra is Egyptian leader and for the love of God I cannot see an Egyptian leader here.

I cannot find a single depiction of Genghis or Kubilai wearing the hat similar to C5, nor Ottoman sultan or Persian shah wearing hat like this one.

Well, it could be body armour, or crossed arms, or a fat guy, or a wide collar... :p

I cannot find a single depiction of Genghis or Kubilai wearing the hat similar to C5, nor Ottoman sultan or Persian shah wearing hat like this one.

No , now i see someone wearing a bicorne. I think i4ll just stop looking at B5,C5 and E1 for seeing a fully new picture each time. Worse than the pictures with vase or faces .

No , now i see someone wearing a bicorne. I think i4ll just stop looking at B5,C5 and E1 for seeing a fully new picture each time. Worse than the pictures with vase or faces .

I think it's easier to look at the small picture on the original pic, than those enlarged blurry ones. :D

I still hope C5 may be Bayinnaung of Myanmar (creator of the biggest empire in continental SEA history and one of greatest Burmese rulers ever)
(...)
I cannot find a single depiction of Genghis Khan wearing cap similar to C5.
While I find Mongols to be more likely, I do hope you are right on this.

I think we should focus on THIS HAT.

What culture, what dynasties, what regions had hats like this pointy thing. Ottoman sultans had turbans and I couldn't find similar headwear even among Seljuk sultans, Mongol khans had different headwear (especially Genghis and Kubilai who always were khans in civ franchise). WHO WEARS HATS LIKE THIS?

Spoiler :

What culture, what dynasties, what regions had hats like this pointy thing. Ottoman sultans had turbans, Mongol khans had different headwear. WHO WEARS HATS LIKE THIS?
But as said, I see a different hat each time , getting kinda hard for me, I leave you guys to do the dirty work

I don't see absolutely anything here :p

I am almost sure C5 is neither Persia nor Ottomans, because I checked list of all their rulers on wiki (especially Ottoman one has images for all sultans) and they all worn some form of turban or cap completely different to the one seen on the image. I am skeptical even regarding Mongols because while this hat vaguely looks "Mongolian" all depictions of all Mongol khans from Genghis and Kubilai to Tatars have different headwear.

The thing closest to this hat I've found so far are of some Burmese kings including Bayinnaung, but even they are not perfect.

Deciphering this image is ridiculously hard.

EDIT
Returning to South East Asia, there is also great king Setthathirat of Lan Xang (powerful Laotan kingdom):

Spoiler :

I constantly have feeling C5 is of South East Asia (Myanmar, Laos, Thailand) because that's the only region of the world I know where rulers had hats similar to the one from C5 (other than some vague central asian nomads)
http://tomchao.com/as/laos17-statuex.jpg

Spoiler :

But as said, I see a different hat each time , getting kinda hard for me, I leave you guys to do the dirty work

Its blurry and, depending on the perspective you take it totally changes everything. I mean the "hat" could be a mountain in the background. It could be affected by the bending of a page or direct light (as we have seen in others) where the object get discolored or distorted. I don't think we are gonna be able to get a great match on this one, so here's hoping they announce it tomorrow.

But of course, they are watching it here or on Reddit and B5/C5 just got pushed to the last reveal. :/

Spoiler :

What culture, what dynasties, what regions had hats like this pointy thing. Ottoman sultans had turbans and I couldn't find similar headwear even among Seljuk sultans, Mongol khans had different headwear (especially Genghis and Kubilai who always were khans in civ franchise). WHO WEARS HATS LIKE THIS?
Problem is different people see different things in the image. Some see a hat with a flat rim (like the Myanmar), some see a mongol hat, some even see a turban (?) in this image. So obviously, depending on what you see, you'll reach different conclusions.

Is it possible that C5's in game leader screen is this:

Or has it been confirmed to be Montezuma?
There's only one leader shown there, and it must be the civ being played, hence Montezuma. The other 4 buttons are UI for various menus.

C5's hat looks like a stupa-shaped hat for me, which are meant to depicts the sacred Mount Meru.
It is commonly used by Indianized kingdom, especially from the southeastern Asia. The more intricate the hat looks the better.
That's what I saw... or is that probably a Mexican sombrero / Spanish conquistador hat haha

Anyway it looks like the photo is dark-skinned and topless with something on the neck too

Spoiler :

¿Mittani maybe? Fills the turk-persian spot as a more ancient civ, but I have not found any pictorial evidence of a leader resembling any like C5.

Top Bottom