I'm guessing purple is bad and red is good, but I'd like a translation please

My pleasure :)
The picture itself comes from Izvestya, so meh :mischief:

From top to bottom:
"Most furious critics of Russia, supporters of sanctions"
"Moderate critics"
"Centrists"
"Lobbyists of Moscow"

I have no idea what year the map is from. Also the way the words are chosen hints at an economic dimension, not popular opinion or diplomatic standing.

Happy Rosh Hashanah everybody!

Darkest blue (France): 400,000+ Jews
200,000+ Jews
50,000+ Jews
25,000+ Jews
~0+ Jews
Lightest blue: Insignificant number of Jews

Hmm, didn't expect so much in Germany.

Rabbi Yitzhak Ehrenberg of the orthodox Jewish community in Berlin states: “Germany is the only European country with a growing Jewish community.”

Source

Obviously, this means there aren't very many Nazis there anymore.

Obviously, this means there aren't very many Nazis there anymore.

Thankfully. When I was in Munich (die Hauptstadt der Bewegung [the capital of the movement]) there was an NPD protest. There were ~8 neo-nazis and ~1,000 counter protesters in Marienplatz.

That´s one of the few things that actually make me "proud" of Germany. During the last years, a lot of Jews were immigrating to Berlin, for example - from Israel! :)

Speaking of which... Is Israel a third world country or a first world?

The part where the Jews live are first world. The Arab places are third world.

Its upper class has connections to the rich and powerful of the world but the stinky palies are lowering the average affluence level? Clearly the Palestinians must be exterminated like vermin so that Israel can take its rightful place as an over-consumer in this world.

So for the jews, living in constant threat of being killed by some missle from the arab parts is 'first world'?

And Israel is a country with both Arabic and Jewish parts. Is the country as a whole First World or Third World?

So for the jews, living in constant threat of being killed by some missle from the arab parts is 'first world'?

Threats from Hamas missiles, while real, are very exaggerated.

And many first worlders live in fear of criminal gangs, terrorists, etc.

And Israel is a country with both Arabic and Jewish parts. Is the country as a whole First World or Third World?

Israel proper as a whole is first world. West Bank and Gaza, outside the fortified Jewish settlements, are "Third World".

The yellow parts are city states. Yellow city states.png

Just a simple map in 1914 of an ATL in which Prussia creates a Unified Empire. I'll post the timeline later if anyone is interested:

Spoiler TL1848 :

Also, I thought this thread could use a bump. I do so love looking at odd maps.

Uh, I know my 1800s-pre WWI history sucks bad, but wasn't Prussia that state that ended up creating Germany in OTL, as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom