• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Am I staring at your back? No, you can trust me, I'm just sharpening my knife.

Zombie69 said:
You don't seem to understand what these numbers mean. As the name implies (NoWarAttitudeProbs), these are the probabilities (of course, adjusted by other factors, e.g. relative strength) that the leader won't prepare for and declare war on you at a given relationship level.

For example, if Alexander is cautious with you, the probability is 20%.

How the AI feels about you (Furious, Annoyed, Cautious, Pleased, Friendly) depends solely on the relationship modifiers. I don't remember the exact jump points but for instance, 0 is always cautious.

I've already mentioned that there was far more than just the posted numbers that goes into the AI's decision of whether to attack or not. I have not seen the actual formula, but I did see lots of other variables present under each leaders name that look like modifiers to the base numbers.

My comment was that perhaps (pure speculation on my part), your diplomacy screen modifiers with a particular AI may also be directly factored in, as in you may be 'cautious' with two AIs, but have a -2 with one and a +1 with the other, meaning a 3% adjustment more of a chance for war with the first than with the second even though they share the same 'level' of relationship. The numbers from the diplomacy screen may also just be used to determine the relationship level alone, once again I don't know for sure. Without seeing the formula I can only present my best guess.

I just thought the starting numbers might give people a very basic idea about who may be worth making the effort to befriend, and who you shouldn't waste the trouble on and instead just snub and prepare to attack. :)

Top Bottom