American Leaders

CaptainReklaw

Chieftain
I have idea for rotating leaders in Civ explored in another thread.
Here are the Aztec leaders:

George Washington Minutemen

Infantry ignore terrain, gain era score for every non-barbarian kill, and require one less maintenance.

Abe Lincoln Preserve the Union

+8 Combat Strength vs free cities on your home continent. Gain an observation balloon. Capturing workers for the first time earns 40 Diplomatic Favor. +1 culture from forts.

Ronald Reagan Hollywood

-1 loyalty all cities not following your government type. Cities with film studios have double the loyalty pressure. Earn 20% of tourism as gold. +25% production towards theater squares if 10 tiles or more away from capitol.

James Polk Manifest Destiny

+5 Combat Strength, +2 movement for 10 turns after declaring a war of territorial expansion. +30% production towards settlers.

Thomas Jefferson Lewis & Clark

Can purchase tiles for half cost. +10 health for recon units built during term. +2 movement for archeologists. +50% production towards archeologists.

FDR New Deal

+1 Great Engineer point from workshops, +1 Great Merchant points from banks, +1 Great Writer points from film studios. These are doubled in dark ages. Gain B17 Unique unit.

B17: Stronger than bomber, which it replaces, +3 Combat Strength vs fighters and cities.

George Bush War of Terror

Gain faith when cities are attacked. +10 Combat Strength on oil (even if not revealed). Gain Apace UU

Apache: 1 more movement than the helicopter which it replaces. +10 Combat Strength vs heavy calvary.

Donald Trump Business man doing business

Merchants have additional charge. Can buy walls. +1 Great Merchant point from film studios. -1 trade route capacity, but +5 gold per trade route. (Monopolies & Corporations: Merchants only need to use one charge to found corporations.)

Zachery Taylor California

Gain a Homesteader Settler. City settled by Homesteader Settler is immune to loyalty pressure.

Ulysses Grant Union Army

Retiring Great Generals culture bombs and gives a boost of culture. +40 Diplomatic Favor when workers use their last charge. Great Generals provide additional +5 Combat Strength for all nearby units if on home continent.

Chester Arthur Pendleton Act

+10% food all cities on home continent

William McKinley Liberation Imperialism

Can spend Diplomatic Favor to annex city-states that you’re suzerain of. +5 Combat Strength when fighting Foreign Powers not on their home continent.

Teddy Roosevelt Roosevelt Corollary

+5 Combat Strength for all units inside America’s home continent. +1 appeal to all tiles in cities with a national park. Gain Rough Rider UU.

Woodrow Wilson Fourteen Points

Found world congress if not already founded. Can call special sessions for free. Can choose one of the policies to vote on in the world congress out of a random list of three policies. +2 Diplomatic Favor from Palace, Aerodromes, Hangers, and Airports.

Calvin Coolidge Roaring 20s

Theater Squares generate gold equal to their adjacency. +1 Great Musician point from amphitheaters. +20% productions towards modern wonders. Rock bands are cheaper.

Harry Truman Hiroshima & Nagasaki

Eureka for Nuclear fission. No grievances for using Nukes. +5 Combat Strength vs. Foreign Powers (not City-States) with a different type of government.

Dwight Eisenhower Interstate and Defense Highways

+1 Great General points from shines. +15% production towards heavy calvary. Roads automatically built connecting all American cities on America’s home continent with all other American cities on America’s home continent.

Barack Obama Forward

+100% Diplomatic Favor from emergencies and competitions. +2 culture from shopping malls. Gain SEALs UU.

Seals: Can attack immediately after deploying unlike the Spec Ops which it replaces. +5 Combat strength on defense. Can paradrop up to 7 tiles away (15 if starting from Aerodrome or Airstrip).

John F Kennedy Apollo

Can build spaceports. +20% production towards spaceports. +1 Faith, +1 Great Prophet points, when building spaceports. Spaceports generate culture based on adjacency. Spaceport adjacency: Major adjacency bonus from airport and Pamukkale, Standard adjacency bonus from Theater Squares, Harbors, Industrial Zones, Government plaza, Waterparks, and Entertainment districts. (Standard adjacency bonus from mountains if have Machu Pichu.)

Shared Leaders:

Steven Austin Texas (Leads America and the Aztec)

+1 culture horse pastures, oil wells, and offshore oil rigs. +5 City defense. +1 food all non-Oasis desert tiles.

Sitting Bull Little Bighorn (Leads America and the Cree)

Can purchase light calvary with faith. Bread and Circuses project generates a large amount of culture and a small amount of tourism and Great General Points.

Charles II Merry Monarch (Leads America and England)

+1 Culture and Diplomatic Favor from Harbors/Royal Navy Dockyard and all of it’s buildings. +1 loyalty all cities.

Thanks for reading my ideas. Note: Some ability concepts are taken from other mods. Feel free to use any of my ideas.

Barack Obama Forward

+100% Diplomatic Favor from emergencies and competitions. +2 culture from shopping malls. Gain SEALs UU.

Seals: Can attack immediately after deploying unlike the Spec Ops which it replaces. +5 Combat strength on defense. Can paradrop up to 7 tiles away (15 if starting from Aerodrome or Airstrip).
I'm anxious for the day Civilization can represente so recent leaders as Barack Obama, I would pick him for sure, if not to play with him, but at least to have him in my scenario.

+1 culture horse pastures, oil wells, and offshore oil rigs. +5 City defense. +1 food all non-Oasis desert tiles.

Sitting Bull Little Bighorn (Leads America and the Cree)

Can purchase light calvary with faith. Bread and Circuses project generates a large amount of culture and a small amount of tourism and Great General Points.
I have many questions like why they would lead America and the other civ in the first place?
Sitting Bull wasn't even Cree. :confused:

Shared Leaders:

Charles II Merry Monarch (Leads America and England)

+1 Culture and Diplomatic Favor from Harbors/Royal Navy Dockyard and all of it’s buildings. +1 loyalty all cities.

Thanks for reading my ideas. Note: Some ability concepts are taken from other mods. Feel free to use any of my ideas.
1. Who's Steven Austin actually? Why did he eligible of leading Aztecs? Eh? did Aztec domain also lies within the territory of the modern US of A? did he associate himself with Old Aztecs or even claim to be descendants of Montezuma II ?
If he leads Aztecs. should he speaks English as well?
Also is there any Aztec Americans as well and had they already been Anglicized (Americanized)?
2. I don't really agree with Charles II astriding the US of A much. Under his rule America is ruled over from London, England and nowhere in North America (Not even in any of English Holdigns there). If this happens don't say that Americans can have Redcoats as well :p
And if this happens. The Capitol would be 'New London' or Jamestown maybe?
Did Charleston VA named in his honor?
And the legends of 'American Accent' and 'London Accent', what is the purest English actually? One camp said those in Britain is the purest, the other cited that the Americans, particularly the New Englanders or Virginians (Earliest Presidents of the United States of America spoke Virginian). Did the Englishmen of 1776 speaks the SAME accent as folks of the Thirteen Colonies?
I'd say John I of Portugal can lead EITHER Portugal and Brazil made more sense because he DID transfer his seat to Brazil when Napoleon I took Portugal and instead of submitting to French Emperor and fight Britain (Portuguese's best friends), he chose to fight on with his ancestral ally with the country now ruled from South America.
under his leadership. UU is LLL.

Last edited:
1. Who's Steven Austin actually? Why did he eligible of leading Aztecs? Eh? did Aztec domain also lies within the territory of the modern US of A? did he associate himself with Old Aztecs or even claim to be descendants of Montezuma II ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_F._Austin
He's talking about Stephen F. Austin who was the American that brought 300 American families to Texas to colonize when they part of Mexico, as if present-day Mexico would still be part of Aztec civilization, let alone lead the U.S.

^ Only if 'Texas' is a legit civ, or he's a kinda GP, I still not convinced that he's eligible to lead any of entire civ.
Also Anglicized Aztecs isn't what I can imagine of for what could they look like. they've long since became Mexicans (Montiekun even called his people 'Mehika' or something.)

Top Bottom