American UHV impossible?

pokeravi

Warlord
I was playing as America on Monarch/Normal with a 1700 AD start and couldn't do the UHV because the Dutch had somehow already built the UN by 1864. Is it possible to build it by 1864 as America? I hadn't even researched Mass Media yet so that I could build the UN yet the Dutch somehow beat me way before 2000 AD.

Yeah, I don't see how the Netherlands could do that, given it has less area to work with than the USA run by a human player.

That depends, when controlling South Africa, Indonesia and Australia, they're in a pretty good position.

Here's the save. They build the UN by the next turn. It's 1862 AD when they build it, not 1864 my bad.

Oh and this is 1.11 with no SVN.

Attachments

• Dawn of Civilization - America.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
I've had similar problems with playing as the Brazilians and the Netherlands building Wembley in the early 1800's.

in my last games the Dutch always lead by 5 or 6 techs. Playing the Brazilians I was able to steal Computers and build The Internet. So I won by techrace. But some UHV seem to be impossible with the Dutch tech-whore ;)

Yeah I think the AI Dutch need a slight nerf after their historical golden age is over (Ends in the early 18th century or late 17th century.)

Who is the most suitable LH? I can't think of any Dutch monarch except Queen Beatrix and Queen Wilhelmina.. which is too far in the future.

Queen Wilhelmina
That’s what I found in tbe database. No pic though.. seems that the file is very old so the preview image has no longer exist.

Leoreth, what do you think?

I don't think that slowing gp's would have a noticeable effect.

File not found.

In general I like the idea of a later monarchic Dutch leader, but a good choice with a useable LH graphic is needed.

Ah, was checking from iPad so I didn't test whether the file (not just the image) is available as well..
How about this Johann de Witt?

EDIT2: Check this Maurits van Nassau as well! Though it is perhaps not suitable since it does not represent the Monarchy era.. but I think the Capo create an excellent LH and you can disguise it as any other Monarch...?

I have found Queen Wilhelmina!
It's not as great as I expected, but I think.... can lah.
Spoiler :

Can you extract the LH from this package?

EDIT: Check out their Sunni Ali as well; I think that's suitable enough for 2nd Mandinka LH (if necessary) or respawn Moors LH (had we have one beside Abd?)

Johan de Witt and Maurits van Nassau are both Republicans, the latter is also a contemporary of Willem the Silent. So they don't work.

Normally, I would nominate a SaibotLieh LH but none really fit the bill.

However Leoreth, I think Ekmek's Maria Theresa LH works in a pinch for Wilhelmina.
In fact, she's exactly what I used as Wilhelmina for a custom GEM modmod of mine.

Yeah, I've seen Maria Theresa used for Wilhelmina too in some mods.

So unless someone with better knowledge of Dutch history can suggest a king from the 19th century, that's what I'll do.

Top Bottom