AND Mega Pack

"The executable saved in your settings doesn't exist. You will be now invited to select the game executable location".
It means that you have to select the game executable, that is BtS.exe.
And lastly I'm confused how to install and put the Mega Civ Pack and Patch in the respective folder. I've extracted the data out of the .rar file but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put the folder that says Mega Pack and Mega Pack patch in the MODs folder, in Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder, or take the files out of the Mega Pack folder and patch in put them in Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder.
The content of the archives goes in Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder.

It means that you have to select the game executable, that is BtS.exe.

The content of the archives goes in Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder.

I'm assuming this is the correct route. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword

It seems to be working with launching but I get a warning message for steam users on display issues. Is this still a problem or do need to follow the instructions on the website?

The mod appears to be working as well I just copied the assets out of the folders and pasted them in Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder.

It seems to be working with launching but I get a warning message for steam users on display issues. Is this still a problem or do need to follow the instructions on the website?
Not necessary but may be wise ;)

As requested here is an example of the error messages I'm getting after deleting files for various leaders. It doesn't appear to be affecting the mod itself its just pops up after loading it.

Attachments

• Annotation 2.png
    Annotation 2.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Annotation 2020-04-15 130817.png
    Annotation 2020-04-15 130817.png
    16 KB · Views: 171
  • Capture 1.PNG
    Capture 1.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 171
Now I see what your problem is...

To properly remove Mussolini do this:
Open Italy_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml with a text editor.
Find these lines
Code:
            <Leaders>
                <Leader>
                    <LeaderName>LEADER_VITTORIO_EMANUELE_II</LeaderName>
                    <bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>
                </Leader>
                <Leader>
                    <LeaderName>LEADER_LORENZO</LeaderName>
                </Leader>
                <Leader>
                    <LeaderName>LEADER_MUSSOLINI</LeaderName>
                </Leader>
                <Leader>
                    <LeaderName>LEADER_GARIBALDI</LeaderName>
                </Leader>
            </Leaders>

and change to this
Code:
            <Leaders>
                <Leader>
                    <LeaderName>LEADER_VITTORIO_EMANUELE_II</LeaderName>
                </Leader>
                <Leader>
                    <LeaderName>LEADER_LORENZO</LeaderName>
                </Leader>
                <Leader>
                    <LeaderName>LEADER_GARIBALDI</LeaderName>
                </Leader>
            </Leaders>

Make sure that you delete from <Leader> to </Leader> and don't mess up with <Leaders> and </Leaders>.

I checked out the Mega Pack, very impressive. The only issue I encountered was when Australian leader Menzies was selected, it caused a CTD.

I checked out the Mega Pack, very impressive. The only issue I encountered was when Australian leader Menzies was selected, it caused a CTD.
Do you mean "Selected for human player"?

Yes I meant that. When I was looking through the long list of leaders at the start of the game, if I selected him, about a second after his image came up, there would be a CTD.

Yes I meant that. When I was looking through the long list of leaders at the start of the game, if I selected him, about a second after his image came up, there would be a CTD.
Well, I could not reproduce your bug.
I ran 200 turns AI autoplay and nothing :dunno:
I can only blame (as usually) a bad instal or something else on your end. Dunno.

Well, I could not reproduce your bug.
I ran 200 turns AI autoplay and nothing :dunno:
I can only blame (as usually) a bad instal or something else on your end. Dunno.

Could well be. I just will make sure not to select him when playing games. Just thought I would mention it in case it wasn't just an issue on my end.

Installed the latest version version of AND the other day (it works fine) and I transferred the MegaCiv Pack from my old PC to the new one. I had 3.0 and most of the civ modules activated (not the leader heads). I manually changed the Polish file to fix the winged hussar, but I receive one xml error when starting the mod.

Art Info: 'Art_def_unit_Argentina_Caballo' was not found. 'ERROR' was not found.

And then the game crashes. Is this from the main game being updated, but not the civ pack? The error appears even after I remove the Late American folder from the game. Any ideas?

Edit: I managed to start the game with the Main, Mid Euro, and Asia civ modules but nearly every civ (and their data) display TXT_KEY values rather than correct names. But the Vandals, Anglo-Saxons, Burmese, Bulgarians, Bangladeshi, and Albanian pediatric entries are fine.

Hi, I decided to finally update to the latest rev, so just installed the latest AND2 version (from the full installer, rev1082), installed the MegaPack 3.1 and the patch 3.0.1 (kind of confusing numbering, shouldn't it be 3.1.1 ?), checked with the and2_checker.exe that the modules are active (green sign near them), and... error! At startup I get a " ArtInfo: 'ART_DEF_UNIT_ARGENTINA_CABALLO' was not found , then a "ERROR was not found", and it crashes.
Clear cache, remove Argentina civ, still get the same error, crash.
Attempted to copy the Argentina civ from an older installation, still same error, crash.
Suggestions?

p.s. Game is from the good old CD, not Steam, installed in custom directory (no Program Files or somesuch), mod is installed in main game directory (no MyGames or other nonsense)

Yesterday I decided to attempt again to make the MegaPack work. After quite some trial and error, I finally discovered the reason for the " ArtInfo: 'ART_DEF_UNIT_ARGENTINA_CABALLO' was not found " error: it is a wrong call for a unit artdefine in:
[...]\Assets\Modules\AND_MP_12_Europe\Armenia\Fedayee\Fedayee_CIV4UnitInfos.xml
Down towards the end of the unitinfo, the artdefine tag pointed to the argentina caballo, which caused the error. The correct tag is:
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ARMENIA_FEDAYEE</EarlyArtDefineTag>
Having corrected this, everything now seems to work.

crashes without error messages or indication why in crash logs when building armenias Khachkar. Looking at the xmls and megapack1.fpk I can't see any mistakes. Only thing I was a bid confused was stele.dds is 256x256 big and for instance the image for opera house is just 64x64 (not the button one). That said: I have no clue about Civ4 modding or python - only programming/scripting in general.
So not sure why the game crashes if I build Khachkar, I only know it does - I tested it.

Edit: well on the other hand I randomly stumble upon a typo in Hofmuseen_CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml - <Button>,art/Austria/Hofmuseen/hofmuseen.dds</Button>

I don't think "," belongs there

Last edited:
Top Bottom