AND SVN Build Thread

Actually, where's AND's cache located in? Is it in the standard BTS cache or it has it's own separate cache folder (like C2C does)?

It's in its default location
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

@HotFusion: are you starting a new game or are you loading a savegame from previous revisions?

As soon as I get an OK, the files are ready to upload.

Just give me a few hours, I'll send you a PM. Be warned that in yesterday's revision some changes have been made to xml files too: the only file affected that you're updating too should be Civ4Unitinfos.xml; also, please update \Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\Python\Contrib\CvModName.py;

Code:
modVersion = "2.1 final revision (rev661)"

should become

Code:
modVersion = "2.2 beta 1 (rev662)"

Thank you.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12778600 said:
Just give me a few hours, I'll send you a PM. Be warned that in yesterday's revision some changes have been made to xml files too: the only file affected that you're updating too should be Civ4Unitinfos.xml; also, please update \Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\Python\Contrib\CvModName.py;

Code:
modVersion = "2.1 final revision (rev661)"

should become

Code:
modVersion = "2.2 beta 1 (rev662)"

Thank you.

OK. I've been keeping up with your alterations. I really like using TortoiseSVN's compare tool.

I've played version 660 on noble, epic speed and have some comments
- Light tank have movement of 4, tank of 2. Would it make more sense if the lt. tank have 3 moves? They won a war to me, and only a bit more powerful tanks were useless, no match for speedy light tanks. The enemy didn't have tanks though, only infantry.
- Military satellites have sound for bazaar. But it made me lol, so i vote it stays.
- Carhenge - i never heard of this thing, and i think it is a bit too much, there are so many wonders, projects which give health bonus, i just refused to build it. Next time i will play i will turn that off
- Superhuman welfare - IMO, this is so OP. So overpowered, just when techs give you recycling, cancer cure, every other "healthy" stuff you can just turn all the unhealthiness from people, which gives +30 health in cities. Either i would take that away, or nerf it by adding some serious anger from people (having people cloned or geneticly enhanced would cause some serious ethical problems and outrage) or it is just too early in tech tree.
- Upgrading base cost - i changed it to 80 for my play and it felt just right!
- Also i felt some civics were unbalanced, but i might be wrong. Like applied economics - feels worse than free market.
Anyway this sucked 8 hours of my life, i had very interesting game, with early-modern war and winning it with marines and light tanks. Thanks for developing this excellent mod.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12778564 said:
It's in its default location
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

@HotFusion: are you starting a new game or are you loading a savegame from previous revisions?

These are brand new games. I've also been clearing my cache, both by starting a new game with no mods loaded, and by manually deleting the files from the cache folder.

The crashes get more frequent as the game goes on. I'm getting crashe every 10 turns or so, but now that I'm actually trying to document it, I can't get a savegame that crashes every time.

Try starting a new game and using cnrl-shift-x to set the game to autoplay for 100 turns. You'll almost definitely start getting crashes.

Try starting a new game and using cnrl-shift-x to set the game to autoplay for 100 turns. You'll almost definitely start getting crashes.

That's how I mostly tested the game; I've "played" dozens of games that way and at least 5 of them with the latest revision before and after uploading. And I had only a couple of (not repeatable) crashes. :confused:

Edit: anyone else reporting this kind of problem?

45°38'N-13°47'E;12778936 said:
That's how I mostly tested the game; I've "played" dozens of games that way and at least 5 of them with the latest revision before and after uploading. And I had only a couple of (not repeatable) crashes. :confused:

Edit: anyone else reporting this kind of problem?

That is way weird. It might be some kind of system specific thing on my end then. I'll keep trying to get a savegame that crashes 100%, but until then, is there any kind of crash log that might help?

That is way weird. It might be some kind of system specific thing on my end then. I'll keep trying to get a savegame that crashes 100%, but until then, is there any kind of crash log that might help?

Please attach a minidump to a message so that I can check. Minidump.dmp can be found inside your main BTS folder.

I did a full wipe of Civ4 and reinstalled from scratch and now everything works :confused:

I guess something got corrupted higher up in the Civ directory.

I did a full wipe of Civ4 and reinstalled from scratch and now everything works :confused:

I guess something got corrupted higher up in the Civ directory.

I'm happy everything is working now. :)

AND 2.2 beta 1

I've finally uploaded all of the revisions I previously posted, mostly relating to a revised (but not majorly so) tech tree and associated revisions and new content. For those who have not been following the previous discussions, here's what is included in the new package.
Tech Tree: Extensive revisions to costs and prerequisites.
New Techs: Storytelling (Ancient), Woodworking (Ancient), Scriptures (Ancient), Ancient Medicine (Classical), Rudder (Medieval), Alchemy (Medieval), Journalism (Industrial), Imperialism (Industrial), Propaganda (Industrial), Consumerism (Industrial), Modern Art (Industrial), Counterculture (Modern), Cyberwarfare (Modern), Megacorporations (Transhuman)
Tech Renames: Sacrifice Cult -> Sacrifice, Military Training -> Warfare, Canal Systems -> Canals, Fundamentalism -> Holy War, Modern Sanitation -> Public Health, Semi-Automatic Weapons -> Repeating Weapons, Motorized Transportation -> Automobile, Compulsory Education -> Public Schooling, Biofuels -> Biomaterials, Cognitive Robotics -> Machine Learning

New Units: Ram (Woodworking), Cog (Rudder), Galleass (Rudder), Hacker (Cyberwarfare)
New Buildings: Storyteller Circle (Storytelling), Carpenter (Woodworking), Palisade (Woodworking), Scriptorium (Scriptures), Apothecary (Ancient Medicine), Satrap (new Persian UB, Courthouse replacement), Publishing House (Journalism), Advertising Agency (Propaganda), Zurich-Orbital Uplink (Megacorporations)
New Wonders: Hippocratic Oath (Ancient Medicine), Hanseatic League (Rudder + Guilds), Greek Fire (Alchemy), Crystal Palace (Imperialism), Reichstag (Imperialism), Bauhaus School (Modern Art), Propaganda Net (Propaganda), Madison Avenue (Consumerism), Woodstock (Counterculture), Burning Man (Counterculture + Communication Networks), The Great Firewall (Cyberwarfare)
New Project: Zurich-Orbital (Megacorporations)
New Improvement: Woodcutter (Woodworking)

Some other tweaks resulting from changes to tech tree:
Spoiler :

• America, France, Greece, and Sumeria start with Storytelling.
  • Irrigation Canals moved to Canals.
  • International Port moved to Logistics.
  • Cannery moved to Machine Tools.
  • Telephone Network moved to Electricity.
  • Shopping District moved to Consumerism.
  • Press Agency moved to Journalism.
  • International Monetary Fund, World Bank and United Nations moved to Globalization.
  • Cristo Redentor moved to Modern Art.
  • Global Stock Exchange moved to Megacorporations.
  • World Trade Center moved to Conglomerates.
  • Recycling Factory moved to Recycling.
  • Think Tank moved to Knowledge Management.
  • National Mint moved to Banking.
  • Apollo Program moved to Space Flight.
  • Railroad improvement requires Iron, not Steel.
  • Paratrooper, A-Bomb moved to Aviation.
  • Cavalry + Cossack moved to Rifling + Military Tradition.
  • Walker Mech moved to Military Robotics.
  • State Church moved to Scriptures.

I also added the new icon for the "Go to City" mission. Now it won't use the lightbulb.

I had some issues with my FPK when committing (it's an 18 MB file) so I had to do a second commit. If you are downloading from the SVN, it should say revision 663, but the game will say revision 662. I'm not sure how to fix that without another commit.

AND 2.2 beta 1

I've finally uploaded all of the revisions I previously posted, mostly relating to a revised (but not majorly so) tech tree ...

A new day has dawned! Been waiting for this. Here goes my entire night :goodjob:

Edit: And the complaints start :D Adding story telling leaves no turn one wonder to construct :( no more race to stonehenge

AND 2.2 beta 1

I've finally uploaded all of the revisions I previously posted, mostly relating to a revised (but not majorly so) tech tree and associated revisions and new content. For those who have not been following the previous discussions, here's what is included in the new package.
Tech Tree: Extensive revisions to costs and prerequisites.
New Techs: Storytelling (Ancient), Woodworking (Ancient), Scriptures (Ancient), Ancient Medicine (Classical), Rudder (Medieval), Alchemy (Medieval), Journalism (Industrial), Imperialism (Industrial), Propaganda (Industrial), Consumerism (Industrial), Modern Art (Industrial), Counterculture (Modern), Cyberwarfare (Modern), Megacorporations (Transhuman)
Tech Renames: Sacrifice Cult -> Sacrifice, Military Training -> Warfare, Canal Systems -> Canals, Fundamentalism -> Holy War, Modern Sanitation -> Public Health, Semi-Automatic Weapons -> Repeating Weapons, Motorized Transportation -> Automobile, Compulsory Education -> Public Schooling, Biofuels -> Biomaterials, Cognitive Robotics -> Machine Learning

New Units: Ram (Woodworking), Cog (Rudder), Galleass (Rudder), Hacker (Cyberwarfare)
New Buildings: Storyteller Circle (Storytelling), Carpenter (Woodworking), Palisade (Woodworking), Scriptorium (Scriptures), Apothecary (Ancient Medicine), Satrap (new Persian UB, Courthouse replacement), Publishing House (Journalism), Advertising Agency (Propaganda), Zurich-Orbital Uplink (Megacorporations)
New Wonders: Hippocratic Oath (Ancient Medicine), Hanseatic League (Rudder + Guilds), Greek Fire (Alchemy), Crystal Palace (Imperialism), Reichstag (Imperialism), Bauhaus School (Modern Art), Propaganda Net (Propaganda), Madison Avenue (Consumerism), Woodstock (Counterculture), Burning Man (Counterculture + Communication Networks), The Great Firewall (Cyberwarfare)
New Project: Zurich-Orbital (Megacorporations)
New Improvement: Woodcutter (Woodworking)

Some other tweaks resulting from changes to tech tree:
Spoiler :

• America, France, Greece, and Sumeria start with Storytelling.
  • Irrigation Canals moved to Canals.
  • International Port moved to Logistics.
  • Cannery moved to Machine Tools.
  • Telephone Network moved to Electricity.
  • Shopping District moved to Consumerism.
  • Press Agency moved to Journalism.
  • International Monetary Fund, World Bank and United Nations moved to Globalization.
  • Cristo Redentor moved to Modern Art.
  • Global Stock Exchange moved to Megacorporations.
  • World Trade Center moved to Conglomerates.
  • Recycling Factory moved to Recycling.
  • Think Tank moved to Knowledge Management.
  • National Mint moved to Banking.
  • Apollo Program moved to Space Flight.
  • Railroad improvement requires Iron, not Steel.
  • Paratrooper, A-Bomb moved to Aviation.
  • Cavalry + Cossack moved to Rifling + Military Tradition.
  • Walker Mech moved to Military Robotics.
  • State Church moved to Scriptures.

I also added the new icon for the "Go to City" mission. Now it won't use the lightbulb.

I had some issues with my FPK when committing (it's an 18 MB file) so I had to do a second commit. If you are downloading from the SVN, it should say revision 663, but the game will say revision 662. I'm not sure how to fix that without another commit.

Great! No worries about the rev number; I'm also trying to fix this, but what I've tried didn't work. I'll fix it in the next revision, I hope.

Unleash the hounds! And let the Fun begin! :woohoo:

Now I have to see how the Religion's foundings pan out and make suggestions for improvement and better spacing. The Poly/Mono/Buddha and Kemet/zorast line will get attention 1st.

JosEPh

Even more awesome sauce! Is this in the full installer? I've tried to do the SVN thing but can't work it out (got lost on step 3...).

Well, I managed to figure out how to get Tortoise SVN working, made my working folder and the copy etc., but while the game goes through the motions of loading the mod it doesn't actually work, just puts me in normal BTS. Might this be something to do with having a Steam copy of BTS? I'll use the full installer anyway, but it would be nice to get the SVN working in the future.

Also, what's the best way/place to give gameplay feedback? This thread, the '...A New Dawn 2 ONLY' thread or a new dedicated thread for variably useful observations?

Well, I managed to figure out how to get Tortoise SVN working, made my working folder and the copy etc., but while the game goes through the motions of loading the mod it doesn't actually work, just puts me in normal BTS. Might this be something to do with having a Steam copy of BTS? I'll use the full installer anyway, but it would be nice to get the SVN working in the future.

Also, what's the best way/place to give gameplay feedback? This thread, the '...A New Dawn 2 ONLY' thread or a new dedicated thread for variably useful observations?

Yes Steam uses a slightly different path than non steam versions. Iirc C2C has a FAQ that deals with SVN and getting Steam users the correct pathing. Should also apply here.

The Stickied A New Dawn Bug and Feedback thread is the best place for gameplay feedback. (the thread right below this one)

JosEPh

the BUG that the city dont build any unit when using AI governor still exists in the last updated version:(

Top Bottom