1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND SVN Build Thread

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 7, 2012.

1. buck beach

buck beach Prince

I don't post much so please excuse my intrusion.

What I truly miss or dislike with the current AND2 is it allows terrain improvement to such an extent that practically any city at any location can become a Metro.

IMHO food production in many locations should be reduced to return the game's to its original selection process for determining where to place you cities.

Buck

2. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

That usually only happens post-Industrial, when buildings like the Food Processing Plant (Which is very very very powerful IMO - I always see it giving 20 ~ 40+ :food: - and that's without things like Sid's Sushi tossed onto it.) start coming in. Modern and Transhuman cities I can definitely see being able to largely ignore placement. Early on though, placement is still important.

Some buildings I still somewhat question being "too" strong (Standard Ethanol and Mining Inc's buildings, the Food Processing Plant, etc) but that's just me. I'm not fully sure they *need* changing, but at a glance they do look mighty darn strong.

3. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Revision 705:
    Updated RoMPak.FPK: extra files were causing buildings/improvements to not appear for civilizations using Egyptian or Greco-Roman art styles during the Renaissance Era.

4. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

I don't play the late game much, I usually have won before the modern era occurs. I do understand it is less balanced than the earlier eras and perhaps some buildings should be given another look.

5. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Definetely. I have some plan to look at the modern and transhuman era buildings because they overproduce everything, from food to hammers to culture and gold, but probably Vokarya is the right person for this kind of deep details because I would probably overlook something. In general, I think every production (gold, culture, hammers and food) should be reduced in transhuman era.

6. ciadude2

ciadude2 Chieftain

Personally my favorite part of the game is Renaissance onward.

As for C2C vs AND, AND is at the point IMO where it's better to optimize and balance the game rather than just add content for poops and giggles. C2C isn't horrible by any means but it does go a little bit overboard. It's also far less stable.

I'm pretty happy with the direction that AND is going in.

7. Afforess

8. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

rev706

• Some code cleanup and CTD fixes, mostly imported from C2C rev between 7247 and 7374
    • Lowered tech costs for Medieval and Renaissance (necessary with new tech diffusion code for balancing reasons)

9. Afforess

Revision 707

• Fix minor bug in returning result in ContextFreeNewPathValidFunc (very rare case where the function would return no result!)
    • Save and load "Do Not Bother Us" status (was left out of save process for unknown reasons)
    • Rewrite AI_bestMakePeaceTeam - AI now picks players to ask for peace intelligently and will ensure you can actually ask for peace from those players
    • Remove strange code in AI_makePeaceTrade - I blame blunt force trauma

10. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

rev708

• Fixed Strategic Advantages Screen (broken since Advanced Cargo Mod introduction)

11. hollywooddchi

hollywooddchi Chieftain

Any thoughts on when the Field Commander experience bug is due for fixin'? I still can't get a Great General with Field Commander promotion to gain any experience from battles under his area effect..

12. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Wach you talking about "hollywooddchi"?? it works SVN 708.

Your sure, you don't mean attached great generals to units, but the yellow flag on a red background option field commander.

I assume your running it correctly, from how you've worded your question, upload a save and we'll have a looksie for you.

13. dbkblk

dbkblk Emperor

@45': In rev 697 and 698, you introduced the polish translation. Do you remember if you added new tags or did you only included the translation ?
    I'm trying to update the french translation but there are so many new text files changed in this rev.

14. dbkblk

dbkblk Emperor

15. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Sorry, I wasn't near my pc and I couldn't check. I'll include the update in next revision. :)

16. E_Pluribus_Unum

E_Pluribus_Unum Warlord

Hello there!
    I'm planning to return back to RoM after a long skip.
    What's the current state?
    How can I install the latest vresion?
    Thank you!

17. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Hello and welcome back E_Pluribus_Unum! :)
    I suggest you download the nightly build from the first post. It's the most updated revision and will get you up and running in no time. As before SVN is recommended anyway since the game is getting updated pretty frequently. :)

Edit: As for the current status, multiplayer is working good enough and a lot of bugs/crashes have been fixed while you were away + Vokarya has done an awesome job on techs/units/buildings/wonders. Not to mention Afforess has come back lately and he has fixed some problems and proposed some new features! So definetely the mod is still actively being developed. I guess it's really at its best since the project started.

18. E_Pluribus_Unum

E_Pluribus_Unum Warlord

Thanks, good to hear. :) :thumbsup:

19. Afforess

Revision 709

• Merge some C2C changes regarding improved art asset warnings when art is missing
    • Removed old election & dark age mod code, cuts down on memory slightly
    • Log trade caravan unit ai
    • Change lighthouses to give +1 commerce
    • Fix dynamic civ names when using a golden age to immediately exit anarchy

20. Afforess

Revision 710

• Change treasure unit to add UNITAI_MERCHANT
    • Add kmod code up to 8/13/2011 - c26b60819bcd1a2d19a10bd2eb3b0125011006a7

I had nothing to do this evening so I painstakingly reviewed each diff of each commit (of which there are over 1000) in the kmod repository. I was looking at each change to AI behavior mainly, and picked out the larger changes. I only got through about 100 of the 1000, so I have a ways to go yet. I didn't take many of the espionage or civic AI changes (RAND is just too different in these parts) but a lot of the unit and player/team AI was included. I hope to go through the next 900 in the next few weeks. Here is a brief rundown of what has been changed so far:

• AI will go for CRUSH strategy (this was a turned off strategy type where the AI would use most of its defensive units to quickly attack and crush a weak opponent)
    • AI City Placement takes into account culture spread (and optimizes for locations with easier culture reach)
    • Techs that improve improvement yields are valued better
    • Techs that reveal, but do not allow improving a resource are devalued slightly
    • AI will avoid building military units in cities where commerce is very high but production is very low
    • AI will consider building more advanced units if its typical attack or defense units are weaker than the average player's unit strength
    • AI will consider ignoring military production completely to shore up economy if it has fallen greatly behind
    • The AI will base the number of bombardment units in stacks on the number of cities it is attacking

Please let me know if you find instances where the AI is dealing worse or better than normal.