AND SVN Build Thread

Revision 711

Fix minor tabs/whitespace problem with DynamicCivNames

Revision 712

Fixed leftover python reference to Dark Ages in RevDCM

Revision 713

Somehow the lighthouse +1 commerce change got excluded from Rev709's commit. Fixed now.

@45: Hi !
I am creating an experimental tools to ease the translation of the mod. I've found that the file "polishupdatevan_CIV4GameText_New.xml" contains no text and therefore should be removed !

@45: Hi !
I am creating an experimental tools to ease the translation of the mod. I've found that the file "polishupdatevan_CIV4GameText_New.xml" contains no text and therefore should be removed !

I guess that file was added for polish translation by lordfistas and his friends. I'd like to hear from them before removing it because they might have plans to update it (yes, I know it's empty, but it's not causing any troubles right now)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13234602 said:
I guess that file was added for polish translation by lordfistas and his friends. I'd like to hear from them before removing it because they might have plans to update it (yes, I know it's empty, but it's not causing any troubles right now)

I created tools in Java to do polish translation and it's result: ) My tool remove duplicate tags from original files (bts/warlords/vanilia) which you used in AND. Sorry i forgot remove this file

@lordfistas : I will soon publish a tool to make translations really easy to do and to maintains for devs ! The goal is to make the translation more appealling to the community.

@lordfistas: Could you send me your original translated polish files ? I need to check it out because, as you said, original polish tags are in french.

@ all : Could someone test these updated text files ?
I have created a tool to properly convert files from iso8859 to utf8 to ease the use of the new translation platform. UTF8 handle way better the accents and special characters.

Just download the file and extract it it Mod folder/Assets/XML/Text/. There should be no problem, but if there, please give me some feedback ! Thanks !

@ all : Could someone test these updated text files ?
I have created a tool to properly convert files from iso8859 to utf8 to ease the use of the new translation platform. UTF8 handle way better the accents and special characters.

Just download the file and extract it it Mod folder/Assets/XML/Text/. There should be no problem, but if there, please give me some feedback ! Thanks !

I wanted to do this in C2C also. But Civ4 can't really display all utf8 special characters. At least my version can't, i don't know how e.g. asian versions handle them.

@alberts:
Ok, but i found out that xml conversion is subtile as the header could show UTF8 but the character could be latin1, while the file editor could automatically show UTF8 characters.

I've just opened the game to check for characters but this conversion don't bring problems to me.

@lordfistas:
Ok, thanks. I will integrate your updated files !

@alberts:
Ok, but i found out that xml conversion is subtile as the header could show UTF8 but the character could be latin1, while the file editor could automatically show UTF8 characters.

I've just opened the game to check for characters but this conversion don't bring problems to me.

@lordfistas:
Ok, thanks. I will integrate your updated files !

Which files? I don't update any files yet.

@dbkblk
Civ4 uses wide characters that are displayed as a mixture of TTF and bitmap font. Depending on the language version of Civ4 the part of the TTF that is visible (or even present in the font) varies. So while most UI functions ingame expect unicode characters, most are not displayed, some are mapped from the gamefont TGA and some are only visible in certain language versions.

@lordfistas :

Part of current text files are polish tagged with french text. I think it's a mistake. I'll update that !

@alberts2 :

Thanks for the explanation. It seems safer to stay with ISO8859.

Revision 715

• Fix annoying and useless asserts in the code
  • Add AI defense exemptions for extreme early game
  • Remove AI 'retreat to city' logic for settlers (settlers will still retreat to cities in danger, this check was regardless of danger rating)

@lordfistas :

Part of current text files are polish tagged with french text. I think it's a mistake. I'll update that !

@alberts2 :

Thanks for the explanation. It seems safer to stay with ISO8859.

It will be very helpful! Please let me know when you end, I want to change some mistakes in texts.

@lordfistas: I have made a tool (that i'm still polishing) to automatically detect changes, import them to existing files and report what's changed. This part is working but i have some troubles with encoding. So, you can make your change right now and send me the newer files later. That's no trouble to import 2 or 99 times with this tool ;)

@alberts2: Regarding ISO8859, do you know if there is a difference for the game if the character is in HTML Decimal (f.e. &#234) or in classical form ?

@lordfistas: I have made a tool (that i'm still polishing) to automatically detect changes, import them to existing files and report what's changed. This part is working but i have some troubles with encoding. So, you can make your change right now and send me the newer files later. That's no trouble to import 2 or 99 times with this tool ;)

@alberts2: Regarding ISO8859, do you know if there is a difference for the game if the character is in HTML Decimal (f.e. ê) or in classical form ?

Let me explain difference in Polish: If you use word >S&#322;o&#324;< (elephant) without decoding you will see in game: Sôoñ and it's a problem but if you decode this chars: >S&#244:&#241:< you see in game: S&#322;o&#324; : )

Let me explain difference in Polish: If you use word >S&#322;o&#324;< (elephant) without decoding you will see in game: Sôoñ and it's a problem but if you decode this chars: >Sô:ñ:< you see in game: S&#322;o&#324; : )

Ok. Thanks. That's the answer i wanted :)

Top Bottom