AND SVN Build Thread

Revision 930

• Add Athletic's tech icon (was mistakenly deleted)
  • Enable experimental city AI improvements by default
  • Fix mis-ordered UNITAI_HUNTER in Enums
  • Minimize AI turns improved

Revision 931

Teach AI how to settle captured animals as resources

Previously the AI were completely incapable of settling captured/subdued animals as resources. There simply was no code for evaluating it as even a potential option. There is no, and tests show it works. The AI will favor settling subdued animals as resources whenever possible.

Revision 932
Art:
  • New icon for Athletics tech when Hellenism not yet founded
Naming:
  • Legislative civic category renamed Rule
  • Desert Windmill renamed Windfarm
  • IL2 renamed Early Bomber
  • P59 renamed Early Jet
  • Light Artillery renamed Artillery
  • Artillery renamed Howitzer
Units:
  • Artillery (former Light Artillery) speed reduced to 1 and strength increased to 22
  • Howitzer strength increased to 26
Improvements:
  • Most basic (non-bonus) improvement yields balanced
  • Hamlet, Village, Town can now be built (at Civil Service/Social Contract/Civil Engineering tech)
  • Jungle Camp upgrades to Forest Preserve; FP upgrades to Hybrid Forest
  • Lumbermill upgrades to Treefarm
  • Windmill upgrades to Windfarm; Windfarm upgrades to Windtrap
  • Deleted extra blank line between improvement bonuses from routes in Sevopedia
Python:
  • Copied fix from Via Appia to Golden Spike (same code)

Revision 933
  • Removed the old AI production function
  • Improved the pathfinding of AI during war when using xUPT
  • Improved the AI city production when AI is minor, barbarian or rebel
  • The AI should be more encline to build wonders
  • Modern flags fixes: England flag is now the St George Cross / Fixed Mayan flag.
  • Various tweaks for military production decisions

Revision 934

• A little bit of progress on the Diplomacy Advisor
  • Pagination for the Income middle pane of the Finance Advisor, text will no longer overflow
  • A few BBAI logging tweaks to city ai

Revision 935

• Cleanup unused audio files in Sounds/Afforess
  • Add Apiary sound effect
  • Add spaceport sound effect
  • Add Cryo Prison sound effect
  • Add Security Center sound effect
  • Update Tournament sound effect
  • Add Garden sound effect
  • Add construction firm sound effect
  • Add Hydroponics sound effect
  • Add Zoo sound effect

Revision 936

• Fix religions not auto-founding on later era starts
  • Fix automated workers not building improvements for humans (bug introduced a few revs ago)

Revision 937
  • Fixed the AI early game development. AI should build wonders and expand a lot faster than before.
  • Initial support for Bulgarian, Catalan (Initial translation: 35%, credits below) and Dutch (DLL and Launcher v1.19).
  • Updated Arabic (+6%), Brazilian (+5%), Czech (+7%), Danish (+4%), German (+2%), Greek (+2%), French (+0%), Hungarian (+3%), Italian (+2%), Polish (+0%), Russian (+0%), Spanish (+0%), Turkish (+0%). Kudos to the 117 members of the translation team.
  • Merged the text file from Vokarya's latest rev.

Credits for the initial Catalan translation:
gangleri2001 - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=287862

Revision 938
  • Fixed a critical error preventing to load pre936 savegames
  • Fixed a GFC control error in interface during loading

Revision 939
  • Slightly increased AI military production in the early game.

Revision 940

• Abandoning Buildings or Cities is only allowed in cheat mode (a warning msg is displayed outside of cheat mode, informing players to this)*
  • Fix bug where skipping a units turn could cause it to consume remaining moves

*Thank you to whichever player brought up this secret menu. It should never have been enabled except for debug purposes. :p

Revision 940

• Abandoning Buildings or Cities is only allowed in cheat mode

If I may ask, what file exactly did you change to accomplish this? I want to know because abandon building is an integral part of my gameplay. You see when I capture a city I sometimes have to hold on to it for a couple of turns until I can get a settler on site so that I can reposition the city location. the AI has no concept of advantages city location. so many times I will destroy the city and build a new city nearby to take advantage of resources. etc.

Revision 940

If I may ask, what file exactly did you change to accomplish this? I want to know because abandon building is an integral part of my gameplay. You see when I capture a city I sometimes have to hold on to it for a couple of turns until I can get a settler on site so that I can reposition the city location. the AI has no concept of advantages city location. so many times I will destroy the city and build a new city nearby to take advantage of resources. etc.

• Can't you simply build your settler in advance? AI has no clue on abandoning city either. It's a python change anyway, not so easy.

Abandoning cities is very important to me too. For the same reason. It would be very important in multiplayer games too. I think it should be like in previous versions, if, for some reason, anybody don't want the option, just disable it on the mod files.

But you can still raze the city when capturing? It's a huge exploit to me! Maybe we can make this optional in the BUG option.

But you can still raze the city when capturing? It's a huge exploit to me! Maybe we can make this optional in the BUG option.
You can but I don't think it's a real exploit since your cities can be razed too and you get a diplomatic penalty for razing

45°38'N-13°47'E;13747997 said:
You can but I don't think it's a real exploit since your cities can be razed too and you get a diplomatic penalty for razing
Yeah that's what I mean. We can already raze the city. Taking the city, then abandon it sounds like an exploit because you get no diplomatic penalty.

I think that in some moments, abandon a city becomes part of the strategy, a dramatic but necessary strategy. I really think this is a essential part of the game, but I will support your decisions. Congratulations you all for the great work!!!

Revision 940

• Turn on cheat codes and play the same way you always have.

Top Bottom