1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND SVN Build Thread

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 7, 2012.

1. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

Revision 952
    • Fix some mistakenly tags moved to standard files instead of pedia file (merger + files)
    • Updated transifex configuration

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

Can you elaborate more on this? I always wanted to improve AI handling of carriers and missile carriers (do you mean submarines or destroyers/missile cruisers?), but I've never had enough time to look into it.

3. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

This is just a stupid check that builds a carrier every 4 air units and a missile carrier every 4 ICBM. This is just the production part, not the way the AI handle them. If you have a better idea or logic, please share so I can code it.

4. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

Yeah, I've just checked your changes and I've noticed. Well, it's not easy to find a proper strategy for that kind of units. I've thought about missile submarine for some time in the past, I'll post some suggestion as soon as I have more time.

5. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Revision 953

Temporary fix for the AI not being able to heal correctly

Mostly a hack and not a solution, but I didn't want to ruin games while I come up with a proper fix. It works though, and I'm sure that is all players care about for now.

6. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

Revision 954
    • Fixed some typos in English strings. Thanks to the translators who reported this!
    • Removed some duplicated GP / City names
    • Reverted some pathfinding changes. Should fix the weird strategic AI choices.
    • Updated installer languages. Now available in ar, bg, ca, cz, el, pt_PT, pt_BR and ru. Thanks to all the respective translators :)

7. aggri1

aggri1 Chieftain

Not sure whether this was referring to the AI only attacking with one unit per turn, but so far, it seems to me that that problem remains with this new revision (with continued game with re-calculated modifiers). They're also not bombing down city defenses.

Drats.

8. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Chieftain

9. Afforess

Revision 955

• Fix Advanced Start AI City placement
    • Fix Advanced Start AI Building Selections
    • Fix Advanced Start AI Route placement
    • Fix Advanced Start AI Tech Purchasing
    • Fix Advanced Start AI Improvement building
    • Fix Advanced Start AI city extra population purchases
    • Fix Bug in AI where changes in city population, health, or happiness might not cause AI to change value of yield types.
    • Allow AI to choose production of units of UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY as well as UNITAI_ATTACK when creating an offensive army
    • Count the number of UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY units as part of the offensive army of the AI when choosing unit production
    • Fix bug in AI where it might not re-calculate trainable units after a new tech is researched
    • Encourage AI to use larger stacks to attack with based on Aggressive/Ruthless AI rather than by player difficulty type
    • Restore k-mod/koshling AI related to calculating bombard choices
    • Prevent AI from wasting large stack ( > = 4 units) of unit's time with pillaging

Hopefully someone notices some sort of trend here with this revision.

10. Afforess

Koshling & AIAndy no longer mod civ4 as far as I am aware, alberts2 tends to be pretty absent as well, and Thunderbrd is a decent C++ developer but no expert on the AI.

I hate to say it, but I am probably the most active developer on the forums with AI knowledge at the present time.

I miss the days when Jdog5000 and the rest of the BBAI team were around. They were leagues ahead of me.

11. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Chieftain

As demonstrated by your post previous :bowdown:

Good job! :goodjob:

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

This is all very true.

Nightinggale is pretty good too. But is more of a Colonization modder.

OT: And with StrategyOnly's illness Dancing Hoskuld, T-brd, and Sparth are trying to hold C2C together. Progress there is at a crawl.

JosEPh

13. Afforess

Revision 956

• Fix bug where deleted event signs get restored after one turn
    • Fix rare python error in via appia construction

14. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

15. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

Revision 957
    • Updated translations: de (+3%), it (+3%), es (+3%), pl (+1%), ru (+2%), cs (+13%), da (+4%), ar (+3%), ko (+3%), el (+2%), pt (+2%), pt_BR (+6%), nl (+1%), ca (+2%), zh_Hans (+11%), bg (+0%), tr (+0%). Thanks to all the translators :)

16. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Rev 958

Fossils
    • Will spawn on maps at start and can be discovered by Mines
    • Archeological Site (renamed to Dig Site) required to tap Fossils
    • Provides +2 commerce to Museum (and reduced Ancient Relics to flat +2 commerce); double production speed of Theory of Evolution, Pleistocene Park, Dinosaur Park
    • Private Maps updated to add Fossils and remove Sulphur references

Events
    • Many events tweaked, especially enabling/obsoleting techs
    • Some English event text strings changed to reflect underlying event changes
    • Events that provide promotions require at least one unit of affected types
    • Blessed Sea requires only cities on 100% of default civ numbers to complete (was 150%)
    • Holy Mountain will not fail if barbarians control holy mountain plot
    • Hurricane clarified; outcome determined wholly in Python, not split between Python/XML
    • Harbormaster quest counts Caravels and Brigantines
    • Classical Literature third reward can grant a Classical Era tech
    • Several quests count unit types and upgrades
    • Overwhelm Doctrine third bonus contingent on Manhattan Project, not First Nuclear Test
    • Assassin Discovered/Spy Discovered third option always gives at least one unit and can be chosen regardless of number of cities; unit type chosen is best constructible from pool (Assassin: Axeman/Maceman/Musketman/Rifleman; Spy: Rifleman/Infantry/Early Tank/Tank)
    • Nuclear Protest triggers off 10+ total A-Bomb, Doomsday, or Biological Warfare units and disbands all such units (right now, bugged to only disband half)
    • Crossing the Rubicon requires any of Republic/Democracy/Federal/Senate; will change Rep/Dem/Fed to Monarchy and Senate to Nobility
    • Civilization-specific events removed civ specification; most have other triggering requirements
    • Generals Putsch changes Government civic to Despotism
    • Carnation Revolution changes Government civic to Democracy
    • Taliban produces Modern Infantry and Anti-Tank
    • Cure for Cancer, Darwin's Voyage, Greek Fire, Fiat Money, More Fiat Money, Large Recession, National Anthem events disabled (clash with other mechanics)

Civics
    • New civics: Mercenaries (Military, requires Horseback Riding), Mobilization (Military, requires Grand War), Single Party (Rule, requires Fascist), Personality Cult (Religion, requires Propaganda)
    • Shuffled civics in list: Senate, Bourgeois, Intolerant, Pacifism

Other
    • Added missing <TerrainMakesValids> for Cottage-line improvements
    • Reduce Biplane intercept to 15%

17. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

:eek: That's a biiiig update!

New resource, fixed/adjusted events, new Civics... Will have to update after I finish this current game :goodjob:

18. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Rev 959

Fixed small error in Python code for Rubicon event. 958 will trigger Python errors on startup. I thought I caught that error but I guess I didn't change it in the right place.

19. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Rev 960
    Fix Python error in Pirates of the Neutral Zone check.

20. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Rev 961
    Fix similar error to 960 fix; for Malaccan Pirates event this time.