AND SVN Build Thread

Hi again!

I absolutely love the features! BTW I dreamt of this "controlled raze" option. As it seems, there is a chance of razing, not a 100% guarantee. So you may actually spend various turns to destroy a city, with more intents than the number of units you brought. That is good. Probably you should gain a small amount of gold with each razing act?

Though I managed to obtain a horrible 0-sized city that cannot be razed because it came to be a city of my culture (it flipped to be mine after I used a Great Artist in my nearby city), so now I never have an option to actually raze it, and it never grows. It has revolted 5 times already, to other nation and to barbarians, but it is never razed by AI, the AI always recaptured it. It cannot be range-attacked either. It cannot build buildings or units. Once after some time of barbarian control it managed to grow to size 1, so I came and razed it, and oh gosh, it is again a 0-size city!

This is not fatal, but really inconvenient, cause I do not want a city there, neither mine nor other civ's, cause that hates me, and I do not want haters close to my borders. The only option I have is to bring a load of caravans and to make it grow to size one again... but I am too lazy ahahha.

Now, three questions:

1) Is it possible to change visual art for mountains please? To create smth of Civ5 style? Because the only stuff that made me tired through ages of playing civ4 are these unreal dirty coffee-colored mountains of equal sizes and shapes. All other things look sweet.

2) is it possible to build that cool Civ5 layer of tourism? And (I know I am asking for too much!) that ancient battles might create chance for relics to be discovered?

3) For the reason this mod provides the deepest and greatest civ experience among all the other, are there any plans of incorporating some individual civ 5-6 features into the Mod?

Thanks!!

Hi again!

I absolutely love the features! BTW I dreamt of this "controlled raze" option. As it seems, there is a chance of razing, not a 100% guarantee. So you may actually spend various turns to destroy a city, with more intents than the number of units you brought. That is good. Probably you should gain a small amount of gold with each razing act?

Though I managed to obtain a horrible 0-sized city that cannot be razed because it came to be a city of my culture (it flipped to be mine after I used a Great Artist in my nearby city), so now I never have an option to actually raze it, and it never grows. It has revolted 5 times already, to other nation and to barbarians, but it is never razed by AI, the AI always recaptured it. It cannot be range-attacked either. It cannot build buildings or units. Once after some time of barbarian control it managed to grow to size 1, so I came and razed it, and oh gosh, it is again a 0-size city!

This is not fatal, but really inconvenient, cause I do not want a city there, neither mine nor other civ, cause that hates me, and I do not want haters close to my borders. The only option I have is to bring a load of caravans and to make it grow to size one again... but I am too lazy ahahha.

Now, two questions:

1) Is it possible to change visual art for mountains please? To create smth of Civ5 style? Because the only stuff that made me tired through ages of playing civ4 are these unreal dirty coffee-colored mountains of equal sizes and shapes. All other things look sweet.

2) is it possible to build that cool Civ5 layer of tourism? And (I know I am asking for too much!) that antient battles might create chance for relics to be discovered?

3) For the reason this mod provides the deepest and greatest civ experience among all the other, are there any plans of incorporating some individual civ 5-6 features into the Mod?

Thanks!!

Don't want to be rude to you, but it'd be better if you posted this on a seperate thread. Just so we keep this one clean, that's all.

Rev 1047 (Happy Holidays!)

Python changes:
  • Update CvTechChooser.py to suppress icons on F6 screen for AND prerequisites used as override arrows
  • Fix for Machu Picchu improvement not appearing

XML Changes
Tech Tree:
  • F6 screen heavily rewritten (thanks to Horseshoe_Hermi's input): many techs moved to clarify relationships
  • Engineering moved forward 1 column and cost increased to 900
  • Deleted naval speed bonuses from Compass, Navigation

Buildings/Wonders
  • Elder Council fixed building merge
  • Museum removed gold production
  • Terrace removed health from resources
  • Ultimate Soldiers Trainer reduced to +2 XP for Naval units
  • King Richard's Crusade added spreads Christianity and +50% military production; removed +25% production and +50% Great General emergence

Civics
  • Despotism added +1 happy/military unit and +50% unhappiness from overcrowding; removed unhappiness from taxation
  • Monarchy removed +1 happy/military unit and +50% unhappiness from overcrowding
  • Republic reduced military production to +25%
  • Junta reduced local revolution increase to 1
  • Tribal added +30% revolution index from distance, removed health penalty, removed commerce modifiers
  • Barter removed no foreign trade routes, no corporations; no revolution index change to switch to
  • Survival removed building health and happiness changes, stability penalty, revolution change from distance; no revolution index change to switch to
  • Charity removed health from Healer's Hut/Doctor's Office
  • Church removed innate +1 health and reduced health from State Religion to +2
  • Private removed innate health
  • Subsidized reduced innate health to +4
  • Socialized reduced innate health to +2
  • Banditry removed stability bonus; no revolution index change to switch to
  • Conscription removed maintenance penalty for overseas cities, unhappiness in largest cities; military production reduced to +25%
  • Mobilization base hammer penalty increased to -75%
  • Unmanned Warfare removed all city maintenance adjustments, added -25% distant unit support costs

Events
  • City Ruins treasure event made active in 100% of games

Hi everyone, just a quick message to let you all know that I'm still alive. I'm back home but my modding pc is still in a box for some days more. I plan to start working on the mod again in max 2 weeks at worst, hopefully sooner. In the meantime, happy new year to all of you. :)

Hi everyone, just a quick message to let you all know that I'm still alive. I'm back home but my modding pc is still in a box for some days more. I plan to start working on the mod again in max 2 weeks at worst, hopefully sooner. In the meantime, happy new year to all of you. :)
Awesome :goodjob:

rev1048
  • Slowed down Barbarians research
  • Removed Raze and Fortify AI code
  • Reduced razing probability for AI
  • Reduced Espionage Costs for against large empires (scaled by number of cities)
  • Reduced some Espionage Missions Cost
  • Fixed Resources requirements for Routes
  • Added text to pedia, AND Concepts explaining how Razing works

Strange how it might be, the resource problem with routes has been around for 3 years without almost anyone noticing it (included myself). I thought there was something wrong in the dll but the easiest way to solve it has been a very quick change in XML syntax: now it should work properly.

Hi; any more information on what exactly "Removed Raze and Fortify AI code" means? Implications? Thanks.

Hi; any more information on what exactly "Removed Raze and Fortify AI code" means? Implications? Thanks.

Previously, there was a "bug" that allowed the AI to ignore the new razing mechanics and raze cities normally. Not only that, they'd ALWAYS raze cities when capturing them and then fortify them - turning them into a Fort improvement.

So, now they shouldn't do that anymore.

Previously, there was a "bug" that allowed the AI to ignore the new razing mechanics and raze cities normally. Not only that, they'd ALWAYS raze cities when capturing them and then fortify them - turning them into a Fort improvement.

So, now they shouldn't do that anymore.

Exactly! At the very least they shouldn't raze cities so easily, especially bigger ones, because they need a sufficient number of units. AI won't be able to raze a 30 size city with only 5 units. In addition, I've lowered a bit the chances they're willing to raze cities.

Hi again!

Please fix this, it's a common problem now

rev1050

• Reworking happiness for small cities
  • Removed pillaging cities for non land units, fixed 0 and lower city size when razing a city

Maybe I have fixed the 0 size city problem, let me know in the bug thread if it happens again.

Rev 1051

Language update

rev1052

• Increased units costs (x3) and decreased techs costs accordingly, also reworked AI production function accordingly
  • Removed tech trading if AI player has no cities
  • New Totestra map with Marshes included, thanks aggri1
  • Some gameoptions default changed
  • National Units scaled for gamespeed
  • RoM and AND concepts merged in civilopedia and removed some old RoM concepts
  • Merged Pitboss Mod v6 code but commented it out for the moment from dll; python not fully imported yet
  • Possible fix for Espionage screen bug
  • Possible OOS fixed

@Vokarya , I haven't uploaded those changes for Hit Musicals/Singles/Movies. I'm still working on the dll and I prefer to upload them separately once I'm sure everything works.

rev1052 gives error message when loading game, failed to load TXT_KEY_MOD

Btw, where did you scale national units? Is it xml change?

Last edited:
rev1053

• Fixed some python and XML errors
rev1052 gives error message when loading game, failed to load TXT_KEY_MOD

Btw, where did you scale national units? Is it xml change?

I know, some files were missing, fixed now.
About National Units, no, it's scaled in the dll, but you can tweak the number in CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml as before.

Top Bottom